Logan Applies to OCC

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Logan Applies to OCC

Post by 1987chieftains »

Absolutely not a false statement. The same year that their split the pot was won in a world record 10 seconds by someone in the press box, ironton had many more fans that Gallia. Given that gallia was way down that year, but still a true statement.

also true is the statement given by the Logan fan. The last time ironton went to Logan, Ironton only had about 100 folks there. Another great reason, for Logan, that ironton dropped out of the league. They dont have to bring their 70 to ironton and Ironton doesnt have to bring their 100 to Logan.
how many LOGAN ironton games have you been too?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

the last ironton game i went to was down there, and there wasnt enough room for logan fans. no setting room. bunches stood along the fence line. dont know how many people the visiting side holds but it was full with just as many logan fans standing from what i could see.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

He might be right trench,didn't seem like the Tanks visiting stands could hold much more than 70 people

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:He might be right trench,didn't seem like the Tanks visiting stands could hold much more than 70 people
c-bolt. never mentioned he was wrong, didnt know how many it holds but it was packed full and there was just as many standing. someone told me there was logan people setting on the home side too. where did logans band sit? way more than 70 in it alone. i got there kinda late and i thought the whole place was packed pretty much.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

trenchfoot my comment was made in tongue and cheek fashion,i didn't mean it really holds 70 people just looked kind of small, kind of like Logan's old visitors bleachers used to be on the hilltop before they moved in extras for that big Dublin Coffman game remember that,,,can't remember where Logans band sit down there that night or if tank had band bleachers for visiting bands, but if they did indeed sit in the stands there might not have been many seats to go around that's what i meant...

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

before my last post i said i didnt know how much people it holds but it was full. but 70 people isnt that much bunched together is what i meant. ive seen littler visiting stands than that at other schools. and their was more than 70 people there just by looking at the people standing. i knew what u meant c-bolt. its ok aire. i was thinking dinocrocetti thought logan only brought 70 fans. but there was way more than that there. some people i know would rather stand anyways. but the home side at the tank is kinda big. there was seating open there. some logan fans set there.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Dino is just simply making false remarks.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Dino is just simply making false remarks.
thanks galliagrad. is dino joking or what? i didnt think my eyes was playing tricks on me. not bragging about logan but they always have a decent fan base, win or lose. but the tank that nite two years ago was pretty well packed with both ironton fans and logan fans. pretty good crowds everytime they've played as far back as i can remember.

Late 70s Logan grad
Freshman Team

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

Ah, here we go again. More half-truths and rumors.

Logan HAS NOT applied for the OCC — and I have spoken directly to the administrators who would be the first to know if they did!

Yes, an OCC official recently contacted Logan to gauge interest, and there has been discussion of a fifth OCC division. Logan is keeping its options open, as it should, but Logan HAS NOT APPLIED FOR THE OCC, and Logan is NOT "GONE," as some self-appointed experts on here are leading you to believe!

Could Logan join the OCC or MSL down the road? Maybe, maybe not. Nothing is imminent.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

thank you 70's.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Late 70s Logan grad wrote:Ah, here we go again. More half-truths and rumors.

Logan HAS NOT applied for the OCC — and I have spoken directly to the administrators who would be the first to know if they did!

Yes, an OCC official recently contacted Logan to gauge interest, and there has been discussion of a fifth OCC division. Logan is keeping its options open, as it should, but Logan HAS NOT APPLIED FOR THE OCC, and Logan is NOT "GONE," as some self-appointed experts on here are leading you to believe!

Could Logan join the OCC or MSL down the road? Maybe, maybe not. Nothing is imminent.

Again, let me make this clear, within 2-3 years Logan will be a member of the MSL. I have also spoken to the administrators who are directing this move! From various administrators I think they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

that is the way they should do it--lol

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

wow....they should join the circus.....wait i think they already did

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Excellent post Late 70s......

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

As a coach at Logan I was made aware of the MSL idea. BUT, the school was invited to bring forth a proposal, which was done. NOTHING, and I do mean - NOTHING - was decided or done. Proposals are ideas and ideas are tossed around all the time. For the most part even when dozens of ideas are tossed out most things remain the same, so until another meeting is scheduled and Logan and Chillicothe are invited everything remains nothing more than speculation.

Even on this website an idea is being hashed out - The Big Southeast - and making the "league" aspect be different for each sport which is a very interesting idea.

There are two reasons for the league discussions: 1) travel/distance/time a team arrives back home and 2) football.

Football drove that silly idea of "competitive balance." The entire issue was about punishing success and some football coaches not believing in the adage that if you want to be the best then you have to beat the best. Because football pays for most athletic departments I can understand the reason for the wanting to change. That does not mean i have to like it.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Per Logan Daily News:

"If you believe the Internet rumor mill, not only has Logan High School applied for membership with the Columbus-based Ohio Capital Conference, but the school has already packed its bags and relocated its Shaw-Davidson campus to the outskirts of I-270.

Not to say something couldn’t happen down the road — Logan representatives attended a meeting of the Mid-State League last month — but LHS has not applied for membership in either league. Nothing is imminent, but it’s fair to say it is a fluid situation.

The OCC, which is considering adding a fifth eight-school division, recently reached out and contacted Logan administrators to gauge the school’s interest. Logan did not make the initial contact, and Logan has not applied for membership.
Logan will, however, maintain discussions with both the OCC and MSL, according to Steve Stirn, superintendent of Logan-Hocking Local Schools.

“We’re keeping our options open,” Stirn said Thursday morning. “If anyone wants to discuss (LHS joining another league) with us, we would be negligent in our duties if we didn’t have discussions.”

Stirn made it clear that while Logan is not looking to leave the SEOAL, the school will do what’s best for its athletic programs and its student-athletes.

“We would like to stay (in the SEOAL)… and if (the other schools) all stay we’d like to stay with them,” Stirn said. The main thing is that “we don’t want to be stuck without a league to play in. When you hear every year that other (SEOAL) schools are looking elsewhere, and if two or three of them leave, then we’d have to be independent — and that’s something we don’t want."

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

gochiefs wrote:Per Logan Daily News:

"If you believe the Internet rumor mill, not only has Logan High School applied for membership with the Columbus-based Ohio Capital Conference, but the school has already packed its bags and relocated its Shaw-Davidson campus to the outskirts of I-270.

Not to say something couldn’t happen down the road — Logan representatives attended a meeting of the Mid-State League last month — but LHS has not applied for membership in either league. Nothing is imminent, but it’s fair to say it is a fluid situation.

The OCC, which is considering adding a fifth eight-school division, recently reached out and contacted Logan administrators to gauge the school’s interest. Logan did not make the initial contact, and Logan has not applied for membership.
Logan will, however, maintain discussions with both the OCC and MSL, according to Steve Stirn, superintendent of Logan-Hocking Local Schools.

“We’re keeping our options open,” Stirn said Thursday morning. “If anyone wants to discuss (LHS joining another league) with us, we would be negligent in our duties if we didn’t have discussions.”

Stirn made it clear that while Logan is not looking to leave the SEOAL, the school will do what’s best for its athletic programs and its student-athletes.

“We would like to stay (in the SEOAL)… and if (the other schools) all stay we’d like to stay with them,” Stirn said. The main thing is that “we don’t want to be stuck without a league to play in. When you hear every year that other (SEOAL) schools are looking elsewhere, and if two or three of them leave, then we’d have to be independent — and that’s something we don’t want."

Read the key qualifier language...We would like to stay..... while Logan is not looking to leave....keeping our options open.....we would be negligent in our duties if we didn’t have discussions. Sounds like the infamous "vote of confidence" given to managers and coaches on the hot seat. Logan is going, it's just a matter of when.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Sounds like they're waiting to see what the other teams in the league do, which could be dangerous because by the time other league teams might make a move, which could be years, there might not be a league left for Logan and then the dreaded independent schedule...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lets say Logan goes Independent----Who would want to play us?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

C-Bolt wrote:Sounds like they're waiting to see what the other teams in the league do, which could be dangerous because by the time other league teams might make a move, which could be years, there might not be a league left for Logan and then the dreaded independent schedule...

Kind of like Nebraska in 2010, but as soon as the offer from the B1G came, they were gone faster than the virginity of a farmer's daughter in one of those corn fields! :lol:

Return to “Football”