JV Team

Re: Chilly headed to SCOL?

Post by Blackjack »

Wow, those would be some obnoxious fans :122245

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

LHS 72 wrote:From a very good source it will be Nelsonville-York and Athens, This will be acceptable after N-Y and Trimble combines schools systems
Sounds good, but when is this merger between Nelsonville and Trimble going to happen? The SEOAL is going to need new members sooner rather than later.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Blackjack wrote:Wow, those would be some obnoxious fans :122245

:lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dundas wrote:How big would NY/Trimble be if they were to combine?
Something like 258 Boys and 235 Girls

Number wouldn't have too much to do with it--Just look at the talent between the two

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

noreply66 wrote:With Nelson/York and Trimble going together they couldn't be a power house in the SEOAL--maybe Chillicothe saw this coming and are looking to run. :lol:
Go west young man, go west!"--Horace Greely circa 1850's...Chilly is not running from anything the SEAOL has to offer, especially Logan. As far as NY and Athens, Chilly could not get Athens to schedule them again because they knew the cupboard was bare after this past season (scheduled Waverly instead) and not to disparage NY but Chilly is not afraid of them in anything but maybe wrestling. Chilly is headed west in order to save on travel and increase gates due to proximity. If Chilly is not accepted into the SCOL the OCC is next.

I have to say, one thing I do not like about the SEOAL is the fact that players and coaches are taken out of practice once a week for JV games. When I was told this four or five years ago I was amazed at the stupidity of this idea. Only in Appalachia does something this stupid happen. JV games should be played on Saturdays just like everywhere else in the state. So if Chilly accomplishes that feat by leaving the SEAOL then they have made an upgrade in the program already.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

IMO It will take a lawsuit to get trimble to consolidate w N-Y. Both Chilly and Wilmington get into the SCOL. SCOL gets much better by adding E. Clinton, Wilm. & Chilly and drops London(couldnt win in SCOL) and Madison Plains. Chilly will not dominate this league at all, boys basketball is their only chance, football and girls basketball no way. Wilmington has more of a chance dominating other sports than Chilly. E. Clinton will be fine. Great move by Chilly (travel,gates,competition,league), can only help.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SCOL after 2013 and OCC after 2018--lol---Indians here we come--go West young man go West----2050 should be playing in California

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Regarding the SEOAL:
I blogged this (http://accbiggz.wordpress.com/2011/11/1 ... gh-school/) last year and while it's not completely relevant to date it still gives you an idea of how I think the SEOAL should handle things with the constant shifts every year.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

domain master wrote:IMO It will take a lawsuit to get trimble to consolidate w N-Y. Both Chilly and Wilmington get into the SCOL. SCOL gets much better by adding E. Clinton, Wilm. & Chilly and drops London(couldnt win in SCOL) and Madison Plains. Chilly will not dominate this league at all, boys basketball is their only chance, football and girls basketball no way. Wilmington has more of a chance dominating other sports than Chilly. E. Clinton will be fine. Great move by Chilly (travel,gates,competition,league), can only help.
I agree master, it will be extremely competitive for Chilly, not domination.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Vote was at 4:30 - any word?

SportsGuyHCP
Waterboy

Post by SportsGuyHCP »

Return to “Football”