Chillicothe and Wilmington accepted to the SCOL

shoelace
JV Team

Chillicothe and Wilmington accepted to the SCOL

Post by shoelace »

Just saw news flash from Highland County Press - Chilly and Wilmington have been voted to be new members of the SCOL!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Chillicothe and Wilmington accepted to the SCOL

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

C-Ya.
Good Luck.
I will have to say that I won't miss the football games at Chilly.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:C-Ya.
Good Luck.
You have to be kidding me! That craphole you Gallia people call a football field, and you have the nerve to complain about playing anywhere else other than a cesspool? This why it is a great thing to get out of this league for Chilly! Enjoy your four game league!

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

chilli will have to go 9-1 or 10-0 to make playoffs in that league!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

buckcraze wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:C-Ya.
Good Luck.
You have to be kidding me! That craphole you Gallia people call a football field, and you have the nerve to complain about playing anywhere else other than a cesspool? This why it is a great thing to get out of this league for Chilly! Enjoy your four game league!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I said "Good Luck" :lol: :lol: :lol: C-Ya

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

bulldawg22 wrote:chilli will have to go 9-1 or 10-0 to make playoffs in that league!
Actually not, any year with wins against Wilmington and Clinton Massie will provide easy access to a playoff birth. Besides, to be honest, with the exception of schools like St. Francis Desales, which Chilly is playing non-league this year so I do not think Chilly's schedule will ever be a problem, I am not a fan of 5-5, 6-4, even sometimes 7-3 teams making the playoffs. I like 8,9, 10 wins per season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck to Chilli. I hope it works out for them.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Definately makes more sense travel-wise for Chillicothe. That should increase attendance at home and away games.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Longest trip will be to Wilmington and Clinton Massie

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Good luck on the move. I'm interested to see what this will do for Chillicothe compared to being in the SEOAL. Clinton Massie is going to be your toughest conference game (I'd stack them against the best schools in the SEOAL)

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Stick a fork in the SEOAL, done, C U later. Good move by Chilly all way round, better league, better all-around competition, better gates, less travel,better for everyone in Chilly. Chilly will not have to win 9 or 10 football games to make playoffs with a better league schedule that includes Wilmington, Clinton-Massie, Miami Trace, Wash CH.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

better competition? Are you kidding me? With the exception of Clinton Massie and 50 percent of the time Wilmington, every team in that league would be a bottom feeder in the SEOAL in the 2 revenue sports. I will not argue past success because to be honest, I don't know the history of all those schools but over the last 5 to 10 years no one would compete.

McClain in basketball when they had Dante (which will never happen again), would have competed and MAYBE won the league his senior year. No way they would have had much more than that in the SEOAL. Chillicothe and Portsmouth better programs by far and at that time, Ironton and Zanesville.

Massie would probably be the 2nd best football program in the SEOAL behind Logan over the last few years and currently would probably be the best. But between Jackson, Portsmouth, GAHS, etc., they would accumulate a lot more L's than theyre used too.

Wilmington has athletes and the occasional special team in football OR basketball. Honestly they remind me of chillicothe. They will beat you some years just on talent, and while they have very respectable programs, they are far from great.

Miami Trace is amazing at girls basketball and apparently at one point they knew how to play football. Now? not so much.

As for everyone else, I fail to see where there would even be much competition in the SEOAL.

This is a good move for Chillicothe because the SEOAL has too many logistical problems and is seriously broken as a league. The travel will be better in the SCOL. The gates will be better. The future will be more stable. In the future it may be better for competition, especially as Chillicothe's enrollment continues to shrink. To say it is better all-around competition however, is WAY off in my opinion. As I said earlier. Who will be the Warren and Portsmouth in the SCOL to challenge Chilli in basketball each year. Take out Wilmy and Massie and who could even compete in the SEOAL in football most years? Not just last year, as the SEOAL was as bad as I've seen since the expansion IMO, but MOST years?

Not trying to sound disrespectful. I just feel really strongly that strength wise, the SEOAL is far superior.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

datchillicav wrote:better competition? Are you kidding me? With the exception of Clinton Massie and 50 percent of the time Wilmington, every team in that league would be a bottom feeder in the SEOAL in the 2 revenue sports. I will not argue past success because to be honest, I don't know the history of all those schools but over the last 5 to 10 years no one would compete.

McClain in basketball when they had Dante (which will never happen again), would have competed and MAYBE won the league his senior year. No way they would have had much more than that in the SEOAL. Chillicothe and Portsmouth better programs by far and at that time, Ironton and Zanesville.

Massie would probably be the 2nd best football program in the SEOAL behind Logan over the last few years and currently would probably be the best. But between Jackson, Portsmouth, GAHS, etc., they would accumulate a lot more L's than theyre used too.

Wilmington has athletes and the occasional special team in football OR basketball. Honestly they remind me of chillicothe. They will beat you some years just on talent, and while they have very respectable programs, they are far from great.

Miami Trace is amazing at girls basketball and apparently at one point they knew how to play football. Now? not so much.

As for everyone else, I fail to see where there would even be much competition in the SEOAL.

This is a good move for Chillicothe because the SEOAL has too many logistical problems and is seriously broken as a league. The travel will be better in the SCOL. The gates will be better. The future will be more stable. In the future it may be better for competition, especially as Chillicothe's enrollment continues to shrink. To say it is better all-around competition however, is WAY off in my opinion. As I said earlier. Who will be the Warren and Portsmouth in the SCOL to challenge Chilli in basketball each year. Take out Wilmy and Massie and who could even compete in the SEOAL in football most years? Not just last year, as the SEOAL was as bad as I've seen since the expansion IMO, but MOST years?

Not trying to sound disrespectful. I just feel really strongly that strength wise, the SEOAL is far superior.
I do not totally disagree with your assessment. But remember the logistical reasons are for the non-revenue sports as much if not more for the revenue sports. A Tuesday night vollleyball game at Warren, or Wilmimgton? A Wednesday baseball game at Jackson, or Greenfield? A Thursday night soccer game at Gallia Academy, or Washington C.H.? And I do not see Chilli being dominant in the majority of the non-revenue sports, competitive in most, but not dominant. As for the revenue sports; I see footbal headed in the same direction as the Sines era. There is a great group of young football players coming through the system that will allow the CAVS to be competitive for a four to six year period no matter whether it is the SEOAL or the SCOL. There was a good coach before Sines came and he benefited. There was a good coach before Coach Hinton came (no arguments, Davidson had as many playoff appearences as Sines and actually won in the playoffs) and Coach Hinton is applying his system to build a successful run. Talent has always come and gone at Chilly and will continue to do so as enrollment dwindles (a little more than 800 students at CHS last I was told, and dropping). Like the Sines era there are going to be four to six really competitive years under Coach Hinton's system, but will it be a sustained era of success? This has never happened in Cavalier Football history. So I believe the CAVS will win a lot at times in the SCOL, and be average to below average at other times, just like the history of the football program has always been. I also believe the next four to six years would be just as successful in the SEOAL.

Boys Basketball; I see the CAVS having some lean years talent wise, especially if the Londons take their family north as is rumored (I know, I know, this has been a rumor ever since they arrived but plan for the worst and hope for the best). I know Coach K had a great run this year (maybe his best coaching job since he came to Chilli, taking them to the regionals with a challenging mixture of talent) but this year may have exhausted his tank, he may be ready to become fully retired. Possible new coach, lighter mixture of talent than this year, could lead to a few, or several down years for the Chilli boys basketball.

Girls basketball; Chilli apparently has some good young talent, but has lost some to people leaving the district and major injuries to one of the best young players. JV team-horrible, no freshman team, eighth grade team-horrible, seventh grade team battled McClain this year to finish undefeated, have heard pee-wee program is poorly run and infested with back stabbing self-serving people. Therefore I see the Cavalier Girls basketball program struggling to be consistently competitive what ever league they compete. I know Girls Basketball is not neccessarily a revenue sport, but they deserve to be spoken about as one.

Better competition may mean a place Chilli can be competitive more consistently, in more sports for years to come while fixing some budget and logistical problems the SEOAL has caused.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Who is left in the SEOAL?

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

dreamweaver wrote:Who is left in the SEOAL?
Portsmouth
Gallia Academy
Logan
Jackson
Warren

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Swipe Vinton County and Nelsonville, or even a Waverly/Welston matchup and the SEOAL becomes a travel-friendly league as well! Heck, take all 4 to make up for the next departures coming. Size doesn't always matter-hehe.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Only a matter of time before the SEOAL is no more. Sad.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

We will be around for awhile yet

The Hitman
Waterboy

Post by The Hitman »

Football wise Chillicothe should do well. They are about equal to Court House and Trace. They aren't in Clinton Massie's league, but then no one else in the SCOL is either.

Return to “Football”