Meigs New Hire

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Meigs New Hire

Post by YoDuh »

Congratulations Sir Chancey on your hiring of QB Daddy Bartrum.
We are all sure your decision to allow him to teeth under your guidance is a good one, and good luck to the Meigs program this year.

But seriously, all coaching etiquette and protocol aside, God Bless and Meigs Buddy System FTW!

notsurprised
Waterboy

Re: Meigs New Hire

Post by notsurprised »

wow! what dark cave do you live in? COACH bartrum only played in the NFL for thirteen seasons, which probably makes him unqualified in your opinion. Get a life Sir!

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Who wouldnt want Mike Bartrum as an assistant? Hadnt heard about him joining the staff but it makes sense.......

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hope he is on the staff! His guidance and knowledge could really help the program and drum up more interest from the community.

Bravo3
Waterboy

Post by Bravo3 »

YoDuh wrote:Congratulations Sir Chancey on your hiring of QB Daddy Bartrum.
We are all sure your decision to allow him to teeth under your guidance is a good one, and good luck to the Meigs program this year.

But seriously, all coaching etiquette and protocol aside, God Bless and Meigs Buddy System FTW!
?Please explain what angle you are trying to take with your post......

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

well in the paper today, coach resigned so then who is the coach?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

All head Coaches from Meigs other then Bissell and Woods have not been rehired for next season.

I am just guessing that the new head coach for football could possibly be Yates from Vinton with Bartrum being an Assistant.(Hearsay)
As for Basketball it could possibly be Tim Simpson.(Hearsay)

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

The name I keep hearing is Andy Reid.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

If this is true, I hate to hear it. Coach Chauncey was the dean of TVC football coaches, both divisions, and his teams were always a credit to the league. I believe the longevity mantle now passes to Coach Farris.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

big
Waterboy

Post by big »

has any1 heard of coaches getting hired at meigs yet

big
Waterboy

Post by big »

has any1 heard of coaches getting hired at meigs yet

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

The rumor in Rutland is that Todd Snowden will be an ass-istant.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jim Tressel is the rumor I am hearing. His only stipulation is that he has FULL control over the athletic department.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I always felt that he was a class act. He handled both players and himself well on the sideline. I am not from Meigs but it appears, from reading the paper, that he is stepping down the same way, with character. I wish him well in the future.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Thanks for the PM's, it's becoming clear as mud now.
My apologies coach Chancey for assuming you hired Daddy Warbucks.
QB Daddy went behind Chancey's back and got hired by the BOE as an assistant varsity coach.
At the very same board meeting there was a move to fire Chancey as well as Benny, but the votes fell short and current contracts prohibited mid season removal.

Two steps backward for Meigs as the new buddy system replaces the old with no class or dignity, not to mention coaching/teaching experience.

Classic Meigs adult behavior leading by example for our youth to follow in their footsteps someday.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

All I can say is WOW TIMMY!

Is it a certainty that this parent is going to coach both basketball and football. Who does that?

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Titletown, I understand ur from across the river where corruption, vote rigging, political families, illegal recruiting, old school politics, nepotism ,short range shot gun shells, and entire legal and business communities ending in Crow are the norm. Therefore, your short sighted perception is completely understood and you are excused from this discussion.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

notsurprised wrote:wow! what dark cave do you live in? COACH bartrum only played in the NFL for thirteen seasons, which probably makes him unqualified in your opinion. Get a life Sir!
13 years on one side of the ball?
13 years as a niche/special teams player?
13 years of taking notes to someday be a coach?
Fired 3 times as a pro?
How many years as a GA?

You obviously don't know Mike!

How does the greatest long snapper in the history of the pro's get fired three times?
Let's just say it doesn't have to do with IQ, and leave it at that.

On paper, he makes the case for an experienced enthusiast at best, and in reality his recruiting efforts have rendered him a bull in a china shop at best.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Yoduh,

Obviously you have some weird jealousy about a man who actually made something for himself where as you did not. Playing in the NFL for 13 years is longer then most other players who step foot in an NFL locker room. I would say he is more than qualified to be a high school head football coach. I know plenty of football coaches that did not even play college football so I would be willing to bet he has picked up a few things in his time as being both a college and Pro football player.

It seems to me that you would be upset with whoever was hired but for some reason you have it out for Mike. Did he steal your high school girlfriend or get picked over you for Prom king??? You have got to let it go man...

Return to “Football”