Week 6: Warren (2-3) @ Jackson (2-3)

ironman02
SEOP

Week 6: Warren (2-3) @ Jackson (2-3)

Post by ironman02 »

SEOAL play begins this week as the Warriors travel to Jackson to take on the Ironmen.

Both teams have had their struggles during non-league action, but now the slate can be wiped clean. Jackson is the two-time defending SEOAL champion, so their title defense begins now.

Thoughts on the game?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Week 6: Warren (2-3) @ Jackson (2-3)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Jackson should be in a really foul mood coming off three straight loses to some pretty good teams. I can't see them losing three in a row at home or four in a row overall, Jackson will take out some frustration on Warren here I'm afraid.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Jackson takes this one IMO

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This will be the game that determines if Jackson hangs it up after 3 tough losses, or shows some Jackson pride and defends their title. I can't see Jackson losing 4 straight, but I think Warren will make it tough. When was the last time Jackson lost 4 straight? I'm sure its been quite a while.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is going to have to play well to beat anyone. Still several key players out?

Good Luck boys.....a league title to defend!

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I believe Jackson gets a couple of ke players back. Goes back to fundamentals this week and gets back to Ironman type of football: POUND IT ON OFFENSE and lots of PRESSURE and FLYING TO THE BALL ON DEFEENSE. I also venture to say that the Coaching Staff with make sure they get the player's attention this week in practice. Some real bad character traits and attitudes shown during the game friday that good teams and staff don't allow to happen, bet issues are discussed and never happen again.

I will pick IRONMEN by 3+ touchdowns and a stepping stone closer to a league title.

GO GET'EM COACHES AND IRONMEN!!!

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

I'll take Jackson this week, I sure do hope the coaching staff puts a match under their backside this week. Need to learn to cover that SPREAD offense alittle better.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson gets back on track this week with an easy win against Warren.

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

I think the Ironmen get back in the win column this week however the defense must start wrapping and finishing tackles. To many times we got to the Pirates at or behiond the line of scrimmage only to let them break for a 10 to 20 yard gain, UNACCEPTABLE! Fundamentals The Williams boy does a good job and made some solid tackles but needs to be an offensive guard rather than a running back. He could make a BIG difference as a pulling guard. I think we seen something in Cutty. He needs to be rotated in the running stable. Steven threw some nice passes but the receivers arent helping him out. Get McCorkle and Cutty involved with the quick hit passing game and then the running game will break wide open.
Good luck Ironmen I believe you seniors can turn the corner and go get another SEOAL title!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Depending on which Warren team shows up to play, this could be a close game.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Good Luck to Jackson and to Coach Hall... Junior & Senior!

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Warren showing improvement over the last couple of weeks. Warren can keep from turning the ball over, it could be close. Warren has to stop run better to hang with Jackson. Jackson by 14 points, but will not complain if the BLUE can pull an upset.

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

Lets Go Ironmen Get Alumni Stadium Rock'in :aaaaa8 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa8

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Jackson gets the win here.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Jackson needs to do some work on the defensive side of the ball. Burg has a very good offense, but Jackson only forced 1 punt all night if I remember correctly.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Making my first trip to Alumni Stadium Friday night to cheer for the Warriors, the boys have shown good inprovement over the past two weeks so hoping for a win. Might want to pack the rain gear if the forcast holds up.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

There was a second thread started for this game, so I wanted to send this back to the top.

I'm locking the other one and moving it out of the forum since this one was started a few days ago.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

It's gut check time for the Ironmen. The last three weeks have been hard. They played well against Granville for most of the game, but came up short. Against Athens, they didn't really play that well, and also came up just short. The Wheelersburg game was just a mess. I really doubt if any of the players were completely happy with their effort against the Pirates, and the injuries didn't help much either. I don't know how healthy Jackson will be this week, but it just doesn't matter at this point.

The non-league portion of the schedule is over. It's time to learn from all the mistakes, give 100% on every down, and focus on winning the SEOAL. From what I've heard, the coaching staff has been working the team very hard this week and they have responded well. That hard work and positive attitude must translate to Friday night. I feel that if Jackson plays hard, the execution part will take care of itself, and they'll start their title defense off on the right note. Five weeks...five wins for a three-peat.

bigbuckeyesfan
Waterboy

Post by bigbuckeyesfan »

warren by 3 jackson is down they got HAMMERED BY BURG last week say bye bye to playoffs jackson fans

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

bigbuckeyesfan wrote:warren by 3 jackson is down they got HAMMERED BY BURG last week say bye bye to playoffs jackson fans
Thanks for that contribution. Still mad about the last two meetings Ironton had with the Ironmen?

Return to “Football”