Jackson 34 Wellston 13

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Re: Jackson @ Wellston 2012

Post by firecracker »

Wellston better bring there best, don't want to here them cry after they lose. Ironmen have some x-tremely good talent and some very hungry young players just itching to get some playing time.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

Hope Wellston brings there best, don't want to here them cry around after a lose at there new stadium.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Tears of joy !

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

firecracker. new stadium?? lol!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was told a couple of players from Wellston may be playing for Nelsonville-York this year? Is their any truth to that all?

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

93Bulldog wrote:I was told a couple of players from Wellston may be playing for Nelsonville-York this year? Is their any truth to that all?
I heard it is the young brothers,Dj,joey I believe is there names.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

The story i heard was they moved to nelsonville to live with their father.

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

IMO repeat of last years game. Jackson all the way. Hopeful for good sportsmanship and an injury free game for both teams. May the best team win.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

My thoughts for this game, Jackson 35, Wellston 14.
Wellston will play the first quarter strong, but will fade out after that. Jackson will catch on to their offense and crush them.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Anyone have Wellston's scrimmage info?

Here is Jackson's...

Saturday, August 11th - AT Meigs - 10:00AM
Saturday, August 18th - Nelsonville-York - 7:00PM

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

wellston

Aug. 8th 6pm home vs. portsmouth
Aug.17th 7pm at zane trace

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Thanks, HSFBFAN.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

My prediction is that Wellston won't get 100 total yards this game and the Ironmen will pull this one out. This defense seems to be VERY strong and the back bone of this team. Offense will struggle at times but the run game shouldn't have too much trouble and eventually will be too much for the Rockets to handle. Expecting a hard fought hard hitting game .

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

Post by DUSTIN FORD FAN »

TRUTH^^^

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

After watching the scrimmage with Meigs ,this game will be a battle . These two teams match up well this year ,but as always the ironmen will have a decided numbers advatage atleast double the kids and probably more .Starting 11 looks to be even though. :idea:

GO ROCKETS!!!!

SouthernOhioParent
Waterboy

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

Is the Dakota B____ boy playing this year? I believe he's a senior this year. Can't remember his last name.

SouthernOhioParent
Waterboy

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

Is Dakota Brown going to be playing for Wellston this year?? I didnt hear anything if he is able to play or not since his car accident

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

how did wellston look against zane trace?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

No actual thread about the Jackson/N-Y scrimmage, so this is probably the best place to give a recap and discuss it.

The scrimmage began with a set of 10 plays for each offensive unit. N-Y had the first offensive possession, but didn't have too much success against the Jackson D. I was pleased with Jackson's defensive effort during that portion of the scrimmage. On Jackson's offensive possession, sophomore RB Gabe Griffiths raced 65 yards for a TD on the second play to put Jackson ahead. During the rest of the 10-play set, Jackson moved the ball pretty well on the ground, but didn't score again.

After the 10-play series, the two varsity squads played 2 quarters of down and distance. During this portion of the scrimmage, Nelsonville played VERY well. They put together a long, methodical scoring drive on their first possession. After a Jackson turnover deep in its own territory, Nelsonville capitalized and scored another TD on a one play drive. This score was against Jackson's 2nd team D because the 1st team had been pulled by Coach Hall after not being very pleased with the previous drive. After N-Y took a 13-7 lead, the two teams exchanged possessions the rest of the scrimmage, but failed to score. Nelsonville did, however, move the ball VERY well on Jackson's 1st team D, but their drives were killed with penalties or a turnover. They seemed to dominate Jackson up front, and their linemen were easily getting into the second level, making it nearly impossible for Jackson's linebackers to make any plays at the line of scrimmage. Jackson, on the other hand, did move the ball somewhat, but they really struggled to put together a consistent drive.

From a Jackson point of view, there is a lot to work on between now and next Saturday. I didn't see a whole lot of intensity out of the Ironmen tonight. I didn't really think they responded very well when N-Y got physical with them and played smashmouth football. The defensive line is going to have to start getting some penetration to keep the opponent's offensive linemen off our linebackers. Landrum and Williams were constantly trying to shed blocks and get to the football...very tough to make a lot of plays when the O-Line is getting into the second level so easily. Offensively, Jackson didn't appear to be very sharp. The timing seemed to be off on a lot of plays, and the O-Line wasn't as consistent as they need to be. There were definitely some big chunks of yardage gained at times, but too many plays were there was either no gain or a very minimal gain. Turnovers were definitely a problem as well.

Obviously scrimmages are there to work out the kinks and see where improvements need to be made. I'm sure Coach Hall and his staff will go to work, get the mistakes that we saw tonight corrected, and get the kids ready for what she be an absolute battle at Wellston on Saturday.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

And don't forget "this is a rebuilding year for N-Y"

Return to “Football”