2012 VINTON COUNTY

SouthernOhioParent
Waterboy

2012 VINTON COUNTY

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

Who are the starters going to be? With Lindner and Batey gone, we need people to step up. Plus, how are the 7 on 7s going?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: 2012 VINTON COUNTY

Post by Dundas »

The young Vikings will scrimmage the Hornets of Coal Grove this Tuesday at 7:00 in McArthur. I've heard from sources that the Vikings have a sophomore qb with a very strong arm and the lines are very quick and athletic. Ill post more about my thoughts after I see them Tuesday. The other scrimmages are at Southeastern and at Huntington.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck to the Vikings this year! I hope this is the year the ship gets righted!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Orange & Brown...Do you have a copy of the Vikings 2012 grid schedule? If you do, could you sent me a copy for my all games standings? Thanks, Hobe.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

i know if justy can get the kids in the weight room and get the parents to buy in like they do in basketball at vinton county he will be successful good luck vikings looking forward to seeing all you guys at memorial field in a few weeks

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I've said it before and I'll say it again........

www.ohsaa.org jottings www.ohsaa.org

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I did not find any schedules on the OHSAA site. Sorry.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got it, thanks Tobias.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

After watching the 1st scrimmage of the year, I can only think of one word to describe it. Foundation. The Vikings have a solid foundation for the first time in years. Our qb has an arm, our wide outs are tall and fast. Our line is quick and held their own against the bigger and stronger gove. I was quietly impressed. This team will rely more on the passing game than years past, and I think most teams will be surprised with the improvement of this years team. Ill have more to say after Saturdays scrimmage at Southeastern.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

What time does the scrimmage at Southeastern start Saturday?

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

Dundas wrote:After watching the 1st scrimmage of the year, I can only think of one word to describe it. Foundation. The Vikings have a solid foundation for the first time in years. Our qb has an arm, our wide outs are tall and fast. Our line is quick and held their own against the bigger and stronger gove. I was quietly impressed. This team will rely more on the passing game than years past, and I think most teams will be surprised with the improvement of this years team. Ill have more to say after Saturdays scrimmage at Southeastern.
Dundas, i love your optimism!!!!! I am just not sure about your evaluation... I too attended the scrimmage and coalgrove had their way with the vikings in all areas. I believe they could have scored as many as they wanted to. I spoke to some people from grove and most of there first string was out of the game after only a couple of series, especially thier lineman. VC has some nice young players and they should win a few games, however, to say they held thier own with coal grove in any way is just false advertisement at best. VC still has a long way to go.........

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

From what I saw, cg had the same o linemen in until the jvs took over. The line played well imo. If we can get a couple of guys to step up and lead this team, we have the foundation set. We just need to build on it. Confidence for this team will be key. Lets see how they do against southeastern and see if they improve off of what I thought was a successful scrimmage compared to last years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Shoelace wrote:What time does the scrimmage at Southeastern start Saturday?
I believe it starts at 10 am.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I CLEANED UP THE VINTON COUNTY TEAM PAGE ... TRYING TO GET IT READY FOR FOOTBALL SEASON ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Page_3.html

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck this season Vikes!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The Vikings battled the Southeastern Panthers today @SEHS. The panthers scored once in 3 sets of 10 plays. The Vikings failed to score in their 2 sets. They then played down and distance in which the Panthers scored 1 touchdown in 7 drives and the Vikings scored 3 touchdowns in 6 drives. I was very impressed with the Vikings line play and the quarterback play. The Vikes scored on two long drives and one 47 yard pass play to jordan Kidd. Looks like the Vikings are gaining confidence and are starting to gel. It should be interesting next Friday in game like conditions vs Huntington. Meanwhile, Southeastern looked okay. They can throw the ball if the qb has time to see the field. They also have a quick running back. SE has an undersized line that broke down alot today vs VC. That will be their biggest issue this year imo.

SouthernOhioParent
Waterboy

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

Who's the quarterback???

littleabner
Riding the Bench

Post by littleabner »

For V.C.QB is Andy Long
For S.E. QB is Travis Abner
He must have watched a different game than me. VC has some defense issues SE moved right down the field multiple times scored at least twice during down and distance.AND 1 time during the set of 10 plays. Each team had only 10 plays offence and 10 plays on defense, VC did not manage to score on the 10 plays. VC did score twice during down and distance then added another with the JV. SE did struggle in the red zone which they reached 5 times of 7 drives. VC is big as always and had a lot of depth. While SE is small and no depth at all a lot of guys playing Iron man football. But from where I set a small D5 school plagued with injuries, held its own against a much bigger D3 VC team.I will say VC looked very strong and came to play,looked good and have a very sound QB who can move the ball down the field,hope they have a good season.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I agree, I must have been at a different scrimmage ..lol good luck to southeastern this season.

vikingsrule2012
Waterboy

Post by vikingsrule2012 »

Does anyone know how jason shipman is duing this year. Did it hurt him not playing last year?

Return to “Football”