IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

man, i'm hearin we got 20 seniors , and a very large team.
i'm ready to see these new breed fighting tigers.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

tiger bait, i was thinking like you that the state realigned divisions next year as well, however i was told by a very good source along the old treeline at the practice field that the state realigned this year and the tigers are div 4 again coming in 3 players over the limit. so if thats the case we have another 2 years of being one of the smallest teams in div. 4

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

victor creed wrote:tiger bait, i was thinking like you that the state realigned divisions next year as well, however i was told by a very good source along the old treeline at the practice field that the state realigned this year and the tigers are div 4 again coming in 3 players over the limit. so if thats the case we have another 2 years of being one of the smallest teams in div. 4
Realignment will be next year, after this school year. OHSAA will also be adding a 7th Division in Football next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's what i thought, though we were locked into d4 , one more year.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If Ironton is d4 next year they will be that for at least 2 more years.

Ironton will beat Burg this year but next year Ironton could have a tuff year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NOW IT IS WHEELERSBURG WEEK YA'LL. LET'S RAMP IT UP.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

When you break this game down to its most common denominator it goes somethin' like this folks. Speed & size & Ironton has way too much of it for Burg. The fact that its somewhat of a rivalry & burgs competitive nature along with it being game #1 will keep it close early...BUUUUTTT...Ironton will turn the corner & run away from the Pirates.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HERE IT IS BROTHER GAME 1 WEEK, VS. THE BURG PIRATES.
THIS IS ALWAYS A DANDY DOWN ON THE RIVER, THESE 2 TEAMS ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME SIZE ENROLLMENT WISE SEPERATED BY A MERE 2/3 GUYS. BOTH PLAY HARDNOSED SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL. I AM STOKED TO TAKE THIS ONE IN AGAIN.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CHANGES AT AN ALWAYS COLORFUL BURG STADIUM.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT'S THE WORD------------------BEAT DAT BURG.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

I haven't seen the burg this year, but as allways they will be tough. Seen ironton play, and barring all the early season mistakes the look pretty tough, so i'm looking for a dog fight friday nite. can't wait! go tigers.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Barring anything dramatic changing this matchup boils down to two thing. Ironton has superior size & speed & folks..speed kills. The burg is proud & will fight admirably but expect the Fighting Tigers to turn the corner quick & put the Pirates in the rearview mirror. The only thing that will keep it from being an all out mugging is that its game one & teams usually start a lil slow. With that said by the third qtr fans should be able to get a jump on traffic.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I think Ironton will win by a couple scores

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I was told by a Ironton fan at the West and Ironton scrimmage that this was the last game on the contract and it was not going to be renewed, if so hate to hear that.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

After seeing Ironton in the scrimmages Im going with Tigers by like 48. No way Burg will be able to handle them. They better hope they dont run out of ice cause the Pirates will need tons of it to ice their injuries after the game. This will be the start of a state championship run by the Tigers this year.

Ok sorry guys had to get the trash talk out of my system. Anyway, this should be a great game. Both teams have a lot of questions and this game should provoide a lot of answers. Ironton has to hold onto the football to win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i hope we are prepared to protect the pigskin this year much, much better. and wrap tacklers up. those 2 things are like the bible, never outdated, or never in need of change.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and i'd really hate to see these 2 teams quit playing. i know the series is somewhat lopsided in ironton's favor. but close school's, great rivalry. basically the same size, and enourmous gates.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

With Ironton's problems in getting a full 10 game schedule it makes you think that Burg is the one wanting to end the series. My question would be why. Wheelersburg is young, but will probably be good next year and Ironton could be really down for Ironton's standards with the small sophomore and junior classes they have.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i don't know siderman. but jackson, chillicothe, and now gallipolis have dropped us.and if the burg does, you are talking about a lot of scrambling, and very far trips to get games.we have 3 kentucky schools now, russell, ashland, and johnson central. all quality programs mind you. but ironton travels so well also.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Had a dream last night The Fighting Tigers whooped up on the Pirates 52-6.....but with this being at the Burg my mind says Ironton 34
Burg 18
The dynamic duo of White and Brown run wild for 250+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS from the West Coast!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

In simple terms, White, Brown, Beech...too much speed & athleticism for the burg behind a sizeable & very athletic O-line. Being game #1 I expect a bit of a slow start BUT all in all Ironton will turn the corner & coast past a proud, tough, Pirate group.

Return to “Football”