IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

KVDW
SE

Re: IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by KVDW »

siderman wrote:Or you could show up at halftime, get in for free, and sit about anywhere you want :122249
well, you were half right. my sister got in free at half time but there wasn't a seat to be found anywhere. :lol:

either irionton isn't as good as West thought they were or West isn't as good as West thought they were.

i suspect the latter because ironton is pretty good. :-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Glad to hear them Tigers won this one. I got one report from one of my Portsmouth fishing buddies who was at the game while I was on the lake fishing tonight around 8:15....then laid my phone back down in my boat asking him a question about the game and then when I thought about it 30 minutes later, my phone was gone! Sadly, my I-phone is in the lake (along with my car keys last year) but at least the first win is the bag for Ironton's new coach

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Looks like I lost the bet.I gave you some credit i thought you would come to the game.....looks like I owe someone.....ONE dollar! :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

KVDW wrote:good lord, that gets boring after a while. :(
As does your constant bashing with everything you post.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You gave me 'some' credit? I feel bad now as I didn't give you anything

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

kind of funny, go back to the beginning of this thread which started in july people were talking about the same thing then were talking about now, cramps. I am guessing this will be mentioned quite often on next yrs thread as well. Hope were not talking about it after the 2013 game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Great game to watch by two of the best programs in southeastern Ohio. It came down to a couple of plays here and there to decide which team would win and unfortunately for the Pirates it just wasn't to be for them. Two costly mistakes in the first few minutes of the game were basically the deciding factors. Take those away and the Burg may have pulled off the win. Still, I was very impressed with the Burgs offense. It's about time to see them utilizing the short passes and moving the chains instead of trying to throw a 40 yard bomb every pass attempt. I think they will do just fine this year and I can see 8 and maybe 9 wins if they keep playing like they did last night.

Congrats to the Tigers and best of luck to both schools the rest of the season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'll tell you that hurry up offense the the burg runs, is gonna wear a lot of people out.the qb , is an exceptional athlete. hard to figure when he has the ball and not. and if he gets in space forget it, just like the number 22 , lewis from ironton.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Ironton on first impression is BIG and intimidating! But as the game went on they are not conditioned very well. They are 1-2 injuries away from being just a good team. They are not Great anyway, but they do have bursts. Burg outplayed them all night! Not taking away a "W" from Ironton, but the fumble which wasn't a fumble or the busted coverage, means Ironton loses. If's and Buts I know. But after expecting an easy win for the Tigers and seeing what I saw, not impressed by Ironton's physical all game endurance. But dang they are strong!

Maybe if they took some Midol they wouldn't cramp so much?!? :lol: :lol:

But I'm glad what I saw out of the Pirates and though it was a loss it answered a lot of questions for this season for them.
Good Luck Tigers way to gut out a victory.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Neutron Man wrote:Ironton on first impression is BIG and intimidating! But as the game went on they are not conditioned very well. They are 1-2 injuries away from being just a good team. They are not Great anyway, but they do have bursts. Burg outplayed them all night! Not taking away a "W" from Ironton, but the fumble which wasn't a fumble or the busted coverage, means Ironton loses. If's and Buts I know. But after expecting an easy win for the Tigers and seeing what I saw, not impressed by Ironton's physical all game endurance. But dang they are strong!

Maybe if they took some Midol they wouldn't cramp so much?!? :lol: :lol:

But I'm glad what I saw out of the Pirates and though it was a loss it answered a lot of questions for this season for them.
Good Luck Tigers way to gut out a victory.
They showed that play on WSAZ and I didn't think it was a fumble either, but it all happened so quick that it could have been a quick decision call. It just happend to go for ironton and proved to be huge.

Burg proved that they could move the ball against then big front of ironton. They juse need to take care of the ball in the upcoming games.

The thing that I thought was strange is that No. 42 for the Burg, Ellis was running hard in the first half and then never saw the field in the 2nd half. He seemed to be a nice spark in the 1st half and then they went away from him.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Last time I saw this much complaining about something was when KII found out Obama was president.I love the fact that an"out of shape" Ironton team can beat a good Wheelersburg team.Ps being out of shape isn't the cause of cramps.2 of the best teams in southern Ohio squared off and played a heck of a game,lets leave it at that.Also for those of you hoping the game ends,we are signed through 2014 season.And dont seeing it end there.Heres to going 9-1 for the Burg!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

ItownHosscat wrote:Last time I saw this much complaining about something was when KII found out Obama was president.I love the fact that an"out of shape" Ironton team can beat a good Wheelersburg team.Ps being out of shape isn't the cause of cramps.2 of the best teams in southern Ohio squared off and played a heck of a game,lets leave it at that.Also for those of you hoping the game ends,we are signed through 2014 season.And dont seeing it end there.Heres to going 9-1 for the Burg!!
"cramps" slow down the momentum of a game! that affects the way its played! yes ironton is outta shape and when u "cramp" that much you can work it to your advantage! not saying they do not have skill to win, just no where the ironton team of old. but who is now a days!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what about the burg's special team that fell asleep on the opening kickoff, or the ends and corners that got sucked in on patrick lewis' long run.or the busted pass coverage by the burg that left an ironton reciever 30 yards wide honking open.and if you are talking about the fumble on the ironton sideline. he had poss. and clearly made a football move.these games are getting closer and closer, because the enrollment, and talent pool is virtually the same size.just good ole hardnosed football in my book. i think ironton beat a fine burg team, and had to hold on to do that.but it's not like burg did not have it's chances.trust me you'll see a lot of wins for these 2 programs.

you don't hear ironton fans coplaining about not covering the underneath passes well, or being fooled by the qb's quality play action skills.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:what about the burg's special team that fell asleep on the opening kickoff, or the ends and corners that got sucked in on patrick lewis' long run.or the busted pass coverage by the burg that left an ironton reciever 30 yards wide honking open.and if you are talking about the fumble on the ironton sideline. he had poss. and clearly made a football move.these games are getting closer and closer, because the enrollment, and talent pool is virtually the same size.just good ole hardnosed football in my book. i think ironton beat a fine burg team, and had to hold on to do that.but it's not like burg did not have it's chances.trust me you'll see a lot of wins for these 2 programs.

you don't hear ironton fans coplaining about not covering the underneath passes well, or being fooled by the qb's quality play action skills.
Then you didn't see the same video I saw on WSAZ. He looked to be juggling the ball to me as Lewis knocked it loose, but that doesn't matter because the official said it was a fumble and that's the call the Burg has to live with.

Also, if Ironton would lost I bet we'd hear the complaining. lol

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
KVDW wrote:good lord, that gets boring after a while. :(
As does your constant bashing with everything you post.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and saying a cramp every other play is boring......is bashing ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

even the radio announcer said of ironton's one scoring drive....
"during that drive they accumulated 4 first downs and 12 cramps". :lol: :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

This used to be such a fun and interesting site. Shame that just a few can ruin it with all the whining and bashing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm not trying to cause any grief at all, i didn't see a replay, it did happen virtually right in front of us. i thought he had possession, and took at least 1 step. but that's real time, live action. i'm not complaining or boasting, i've had them cramps. it possibly may have been a brand new turf. and ironton on grass all summer.or basically dirt. something is wrong with the hydration process. but then again i don't know why they strictly use water, with coke as a sponsor, and the availability to use powerade.i used to get all tore up. but i don't anymore. i go for the entertainment, seeing ole friends. and because i love football, but the need to call 15-18 year old kids basically lard a----, is a bit much.it was a fine game indeed.and i hope the series continues for years, cause next year i'm pretty sure we'll be d5 as well. this game needs to be played.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I remember when the Burg was good enough they didn't offer excuses and beg for a series to end... Wow, times change!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Dinocrocetti wrote:I remember when the Burg was good enough they didn't offer excuses and beg for a series to end... Wow, times change!
LOL you are funny. excuses? check the game stats. you know your boys got stuffed the other night but you just continue to try to stir the pot. :lol: :lol:

you know you love wheelersburg. as is the case a lot of years, if it weren't for their win over wheelersburg the other night, ironton would be hard pressed to make the playoffs again this year.
(that and the list of weak Div 000 Ky. schools like Raceland, Wurtland, etc. that you play.) :lol:

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Blah, blah, blah & blah. Both teams played a tough, hard fought game & the two plays that burg fans see as making the most difference came down to exactly what I said it would...SPEED! Lewis ran past you twice easy...& ya couldn't do anything about it! & again when the game was tight...Shweikart ran through & past your d & ya couldn't do anything about it. Burgs dink & dunk passing game was effective & impressive yet there were @ least two opportunities for them to take control & Ironton finally got aggresive within there defensive schemes on those series & made plays & disrupted burgs flow. Also, those burg turnovers were forced turnovers. Burg has a solid team, a lil slow in the secondary but solid nonetheless but on this night...ya gave up the big play, you failed to take care of the ball & you failed to execute crucial opportunities. I also think had Ironton utilized a little more consistency in being aggresive on there blitz & not allowing so much cushion for the burg to hit there big receivers on those dink & dunk routes it probably would have resulted in a lil larger margin of victory for Ironton but that's youth & that's a big game #1 between two proud, hard nosed programs. & more times than not this is how it goes.

Return to “Football”