All State

Re: (0-1) Portsmouth @ (0-1) West

Post by nutronron2012 »

Congrats Trojans.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Buckeye24 wrote:When a player takes his helmet off to celebrate a play, that should be a personal foul, shouldn't it?

I thought that was a rule in HS football.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Buckeye24 wrote:When a player takes his helmet off to celebrate a play, that should be a personal foul, shouldn't it?

I thought that was a rule in HS football.
It happened right in front of a ref and he did nothing about it. They also missed a blatant horsecollar right in front of them.

Holds, offsides, pass interferences, and penalties like those can be excused if they are missed because sometimes it's difficult to judge them. Those two plays I mentioned were about as obvious as they could be and neither was called. I'm not saying it's gonna change the outcome of the game, but if I can see it from the stands, I'm sure they can see it two feet in front of them. Dangerous play is unexcusable.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

I asked a ref about that last week after a kid took off his helmet on the field after a touchdown and they said it was ok, I don't see how it can be ok with all the talk about sportmanship.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

from where I was standing (Portsmouth sideline fence),almost even with the play, his helmet came off while making the tackle......he did show excessive celebration afterwards, but he did not take his helmet off on purpose.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

WOW! Don't know what to say but awful, man that was a ugly game. Can't believe the missed tackles in this game especially PHS first half tds neither shouldv'e happen but hate to take anything away from their kids on the plays they made. Gut check time for some of the seniors better step it up there is some young ones chopping at the bit to take your spot. Did see some bright spots Zack Dials done good kicking the ball 28 or 30 yard fg 1 kickoff in the endzone and 1 fielded at about 5 came from soccer team first year kicking the football. The 3 sophmores done a good job on defense and what about the freshman Josh Davis came in the 3rd qt had probably double digits in tackles and a int great job from that young man. Austin Bricker play his heart out on both sides of the ball it's a shame some of the others can't show that much heart. I really thought this team with the talent we had coming back and how hard they worked this offseason that this team had a very good shot to win 12 or 13 games, it just shows you that talent is not everything in the game of high school football.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I thought the young kids on defense really competed. Had to have 8 or 9 underclassmen play significant minutes on defense. They gave us a chance to win. By soc time they will be fine.

Offensively that's another story.

The losses of Reynolds and Scott are really showing themselves.

I heard a wise old guy say after the game that you have to trust your quarterback. Another asked why do we go to all these passing camps? Both are legitimate statements. Austin can play the game. Spread the field similar to Bucyrus last year and let him make plays.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

siderman wrote:I thought the young kids on defense really competed. Had to have 8 or 9 underclassmen play significant minutes on defense. They gave us a chance to win. By soc time they will be fine.

Offensively that's another story.

The losses of Reynolds and Scott are really showing themselves.

I heard a wise old guy say after the game that you have to trust your quarterback. Another asked why do we go to all these passing camps? Both are legitimate statements. Austin can play the game. Spread the field similar to Bucyrus last year and let him make plays.
Very good post agree 100% with you siderman.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Did West even throw the ball on 4th down? I think every time it came down to it, they were running it. It worked a few times, but they started becoming really predictable.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Buckeye24 wrote:Did West even throw the ball on 4th down? I think every time it came down to it, they were running it. It worked a few times, but they started becoming really predictable.
I think some were run/pass options. The routes are too long and there aren't enough in the pattern. Need to throw slants to take advantage of the one on ones outside with no safety help. Maybe some bubble screens out of the two receiver sets. Would like to see the pistol/read option.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I thought both coaching staffs done a great job keeping the kids hydrated this week and in the game, for as hot as it was there did not seem to be alot of cramping. Hat's off to them for that.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Looks like West will take some lumps this year, but I'd HATE to play them the next 2 years. They are probably looking at 10-0 and home playofff games.

Return to “Football”