SEOPS

Re: WEEK 13 Valley vs. Liberty Union

Post by coop »

3 Hr and 47 min drive for me.........

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley's defense is playing very stingy right now. Hopefully that trend will continue next weekend. As long as they dont give up big plays they should be fine.

LU will have problems getting into space with the jet sweep against Valley. Minford ran buck/jet sweeps out of their wing t and just couldnt get around the corner for big gains vs Valley.

As far as location, Valley will travel well and be the home team. Many other Scioto Co fans will be there to cheer on the Injuns as well. But I agree with Coop, OHSAA doesnt make alot of sense making the higher seeds travel further than the lower seeds.

LU 10
Valley 21

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I for one was very impressed for the turnout Valley had in Reynoldsburg. Strong showing from other schools in the area.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Has anyone took the time to think that maybe Jackson did not submit their name to host a playoff game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

chicken_coop wrote:3 Hr and 47 min drive for me.........
And if Valley wins....you won't care

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

playtowin wrote:Has anyone took the time to think that maybe Jackson did not submit their name to host a playoff game?
Jackson did everything they needed to host.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ironman92 wrote:
playtowin wrote:Has anyone took the time to think that maybe Jackson did not submit their name to host a playoff game?
Jackson did everything they needed to host.
Just another OHSAA screwjob.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Why has Nelsonville York not been posted to OHSAA website yet? Missing R19 and a few other brackets too. Is it even legal to have back to back playoff games at the same site for the same team?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

nutronron2012 wrote:Why has Nelsonville York not been posted to OHSAA website yet? Missing R19 and a few other brackets too. Is it even legal to have back to back playoff games at the same site?

It is posted on the weekly press release, just not on the bracket.

I am not aware of a rule about back to back games at the same site, but I thought that was the reason we were given for not playing Wynford at UA last season.

****Bulldog....I tried to send you a PM. If you didn't get one from me please let me know and I will try again.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I think Ironton played at NY 2 weeks in a row a couple years back. I saw that there were a couple others playing at the same site also. Mentor is playing at Parma for the second week in a row. Even though I do root for the TVC and support NY having the game, I think Jackson would have been better since Athens could not host. OU charges the state Rio much rent to play there anymore.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

I know it won't be this simple because #20 for LU is good, but you hold him under 60 yards rushing, valley will win this game. Oak Hill knew what to expect, we just couldn't stop the second effort when we needed to. Should be a battle, best of luck Valley. Represent southern Ohio well.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

LU will have problems getting into space with the jet sweep against Valley. Minford ran buck/jet sweeps out of their wing t and just couldnt get around the corner for big gains vs Valley.
The Basso kid (#20) is very good at cutting the jet sweep back inside a hole and going north/south in a hurry,the linebackers will need to fill :122249

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Ichthus wrote:SOOOO What do we KNOW about this LU team? What type(s) of defense do they run and are they ground-n-pound or a throwing team, predominantly?

LU can be thrown on. The Burg proved that. We just didn't have any kind of running game so they blitzed pretty much every play and had Eddie running for his life and he still made plays, just not enough to win the game.

On defense, #69 is a beast and hits like a Mack truck. #28 is also a very good player at LB and fills the gap very well.

If #19 Snyder is in at QB he will either hand it off to #20 Basso (who comes in motion on almost every play) on the sweep or Snyder will keep and take it up the middle. Against the Burg when #6 Vannatta came into the game as QB they threw it probably 75% of the time and #28 and #20 were his favorite targets and both run great routes and have good hands.

If the Indians can establish a running game they should be able to throw off the play action and they could have some success in moving the ball down the field. LU seemed really succeptable to the short out routes and across the middle.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Ichthus wrote:SOOOO What do we KNOW about this LU team? What type(s) of defense do they run and are they ground-n-pound or a throwing team, predominantly?

LU can be thrown on. The Burg proved that. We just didn't have any kind of running game so they blitzed pretty much every play and had Eddie running for his life and he still made plays, just not enough to win the game.

On defense, #69 is a beast and hits like a Mack truck. #28 is also a very good player at LB and fills the gap very well.

If #19 Snyder is in at QB he will either hand it off to #20 Basso (who comes in motion on almost every play) on the sweep or Snyder will keep and take it up the middle. Against the Burg when #6 Vannatta came into the game as QB they threw it probably 75% of the time and #28 and #20 were his favorite targets and both run great routes and have good hands.

If the Indians can establish a running game they should be able to throw off the play action and they could have some success in moving the ball down the field. LU seemed really succeptable to the short out routes and across the middle.
yes, when #19 comes in the game look for them to run the wildcat with a Jet sweep as stated before (pretty much just a read option). The middle routes were open all night long for Burg, just have to keep #69 out of the backfield.
I have no doubt that Crabtree and the Valley coaching staff will find a weakness. I bet they were in the locker room today breaking down film and eating Pizza :-D
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Valley vs. Liberty Union

Post by noreply66 »

chicken_coop wrote:should be closer to the 1 seed if anything..

Jackson:

LU = 1 hr 35 min
LV = 45 min

Logan

LU = 36 mins
LV = 1 hr 36 min

Nelsonville

LU = 50 mins
LV = 1 hr 40 mins

This game should be kept in southern Ohio. Liberty Union is Baltimore but no way should anyone of these teams be traveling around Columbus. If Jackson hasn't had a play off game yet it should go to them. It could come down to which of the three has the better roads to their stadium.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

noreply66 wrote:

Jackson:

LU = 1 hr 35 min
LV = 45 min

Logan

LU = 36 mins
LV = 1 hr 36 min

Nelsonville

LU = 50 mins
LV = 1 hr 40 mins

This game should be kept in southern Ohio. Liberty Union is Baltimore but no way should anyone of these teams be traveling around Columbus. If Jackson hasn't had a play off game yet it should go to them. It could come down to which of the three has the better roads to their stadium.
It's already been established that the OHSAA has awarded the game to Nelsonville-York.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Jesco White wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

Jackson:

LU = 1 hr 35 min
LV = 45 min

Logan

LU = 36 mins
LV = 1 hr 36 min

Nelsonville

LU = 50 mins
LV = 1 hr 40 mins

It's already been established that the OHSAA has awarded the game to Nelsonville-York.

BS!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Indians. I think you guys can handle them because Valley can run the ball and pass when they need to.

Like was said when 20 goes in motion, he usually will get it on the sweep. Burg's LB's weren't able to fill the holes and make the stops.

Also, nothing new with the OHSAA screwing a Southern Ohio team. Look how many times the Burg was a 1 seed and played Versailles in Cincinnati. I can remember at least 3. About hour and a half drive for them and about a 2 1/2 drive for us.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

I watched the oak hill and liberty union game last night at Boston field and wasn't very impressed with either team. Both primarily ran the ball and looked to be the same 2 or 3 plays over and over. If valley can stop the run they will win this game. Good luck to valley this week represent southeast ohio well. The drive will be worth the stadium and field you get to play on.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

bucks_09 wrote:I watched the oak hill and liberty union game last night at Boston field and wasn't very impressed with either team. Both primarily ran the ball and looked to be the same 2 or 3 plays over and over. If valley can stop the run they will win this game. Good luck to valley this week represent southeast ohio well. The drive will be worth the stadium and field you get to play on.
Nothing against N-Y...but Valleys stadium isnt too shabby, so they wont be in awe of the field or anything like that. We're not coming to sight see 8)

But yes, N-Y is a beautiful facility...

Return to “Football”