River 38 Fort Frye 13

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Re: Fort Frye @ River Week 1 Aug 24

Post by riverpilot33 »

Lang scored agaist Rivers JV defense. River could have named the score in this one. FF does have several good athletes though.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

River's qb is not as good as what the river people claimed him to be. i only saw a couple catches past 10 yards. the rest were 3yd slants. he couldn't even get it to a wide open rb on a screen. If he works on his passing, he'll be good.

A/CPILOT
Waterboy

Post by A/CPILOT »

Don't know what game you were at but he is the real deal. River didn't need to throw the ball they were moving it at will on the ground Flannery just decided to get some work in with the passing game.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Guess I called this one earlier in the week. FF may have River's number in hoops, but there was NO way Cadets were going to hang with an experienced River team. How about that Kam Brown? 10 Receptions and I think 2 TD's. nice.
surfsider wrote:Barring any turnovers I'd call River to run away with this one by at least 4 TD's. Fort Frye may have some size and a decent QB, but Asturi, Sapp running behind Eggleston and Rosen too much to handle for Cadets.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Re: River 38 Fort Frye 13

Post by GhostOfHomer »

6 receptions for 166, 2 TDs, and an INT.

Great first game all around.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

all you people said all off season was how great of a QB he was. i didn't see any passes that were truly outstanding. he over threw everything.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

vigril wrote:all you people said all off season was how great of a QB he was. i didn't see any passes that were truly outstanding. he over threw everything.
Considering that Lafferre, who people said was the best QB in the PVC went 1 for 6 with 15 yrds, and Lang who was second best went 7 for 12 with 41 yrds, Id say 10 for 20 with 203 yrds was a pretty good showing for week 1!!!! And a couple of those were well thrown balls that were dropped.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

No one said he was a great QB. People commented on how good of a summer he had. You are really going out of your way to nitpick.

Nick Asturi dropped 1 pass, Dallas Necessary 2. Cody Caldwell's already good night should have been better.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

riverpilot33 wrote:Considering that Lafferre, who people said was the best QB in the PVC went 1 for 6 with 15 yrds, and Lang who was second best went 7 for 12 with 41 yrds, Id say 10 for 20 with 203 yrds was a pretty good showing for week 1!!!! And a couple of those were well thrown balls that were dropped.

Just a comment on this post, I don't recall any Monroe Central fans claiming Lafferre to be the best in the league....I know you didn't say it was MC fans, just a comment.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote:
riverpilot33 wrote:Considering that Lafferre, who people said was the best QB in the PVC went 1 for 6 with 15 yrds, and Lang who was second best went 7 for 12 with 41 yrds, Id say 10 for 20 with 203 yrds was a pretty good showing for week 1!!!! And a couple of those were well thrown balls that were dropped.

Just a comment on this post, I don't recall any Monroe Central fans claiming Lafferre to be the best in the league....I know you didn't say it was MC fans, just a comment.
Leave them alone don't you know River is going to the Super Bowl this year? They're just "bigger, faster, and stronger" than everbody else.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

Who said River was going to the Super Bowl besides you? And the person saying river is bigger, stronger, and faster has not even seen River this year. He might want to just stick with his cadets.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

River had the better qb, statistically. but to say he played better than average is a stretch. to complete 50% with zero pass rush around him against a team that either only dropped 3 players into coverage, or played man, is not good by any streatch of the imagination. the yards were great, but produced by running after the catch. his three passes in the seam were big time tho. i would just like him to complete a higher percentage. whereas lang completed a high percentage while running for his life. but with less than 4 yards per attempt, so who cares. lol. like i said rivers qb played better, just will need to become more accurate for a good playoff run. he missed 3 wide open td passes. against a playoff opponent you want all the scores you can get. good luck and hope for continued improvement.

voiceofreason
Waterboy

Post by voiceofreason »

You have to remember, most of River QB's yardage came on a 5 yard slant that went for 60 plus yards. I would have to stop way short of saying he's the "real deal."Overall he played good, but the numbers are misleading. When he misses, he misses big time. When/if the Pilots get into a game where he has to throw, they might be in trouble. He's the only option they have now, as Logan Lucas, who in my opinion is a better passer, is out for the season. As long as the running game keeps humming like last week, and they don't get themselves into too many obvious passing situations, they should be fine, though.

Return to “Football”