Ironton football: independance vs conference

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: Ironton football: independance vs conference

Post by BigCarlito72 »

I really like both ideas but what concerns me with scheduling the OVC schools even though I have lots of respect for what they are is I still ultimately see them as patsy games much like Oak Hill this season which will do little for us point wise or playoff preperation wise. I like Pwest & Burg & Portsmouth & even Waverly but I'm not sold on any other OVC or SOC member. I like Jackson, I like Nelsonville York, maybe toss in a KY school like Belfry, Ashland & Russel & I think wed be better served but I know that's never gonna happen.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

2trap_4ever wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:Ironton
Jackson
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg
P West
Waverly

How about that for a new conference?
Never happen,,,,,Ironton's best bet for a conference will be when the SOC and OVC finally merge. I believe it is a matter of time for this to happen and when it does then Ironton can be brought in as well to play in a big school division.
This is never going to happen! The SOC school are wanting to cut ties with the OVC schools. There isnt enough points to be had by playing them. West has already dropped South Point for Chillicothe. And we we love to bring back Ironton to the schedule I hope they eventually can make it happen

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i do too noles fan.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

The OVC and SOC entered an agreement where the teams will play on the off week during conference play since both leagues now have 5 teams.....so yeah the SOC is trying to get rid of the OVC....LOL. Looks like a merger may be closer than most think...starts after this season I believe.....

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Yea and they are also saying that Portsmouth is already going to fill in the Northwest spot. The thing is rumors go around so unless you are an AD setting at the table there is no way of knowing. I hope it never happens the OVC cant play with the schools in SOCII maybe the SOCI. The SOC will be shoting their self in the foot if they let this happen.

OH IO 07
Freshman Team

Post by OH IO 07 »

What footballfan said is correct. With Northwest dropping down and RV leaving the OVC both conferences will be down to 5. They will fill each others difficult to schedule week 6 game, since neither appears able/willing to add another member.

Vols4life
Waterboy

Post by Vols4life »

noles_fan wrote:Yea and they are also saying that Portsmouth is already going to fill in the Northwest spot. The thing is rumors go around so unless you are an AD setting at the table there is no way of knowing. I hope it never happens the OVC cant play with the schools in SOCII maybe the SOCI. The SOC will be shoting their self in the foot if they let this happen.
yep fairland had a hard time with pwest, god help them if they want ironton. patsy is the word i believe you people keep throwing around. the best thing to happen is consolidations. all portsmouth schools combine, wheelersburg and minford and all those schools combine, ironton, rock hill, coal grove all combine, sp,chesy, and fairland all combine and then go play big boy ball like the teams up north. ah, never mind that won't happen either. lol. we are just stuck with what we have so go enjoy the games we have. :lol:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I was told that Jackson and Ironton will play the first game of a four-year contract in 2014. The game will be in Week 9 in the first season of the contract, and will be the replacement for Chillicothe on Jackson's schedule once the Cavs leave the SEOAL.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I love the fact they are going to play Jackson.Great drive,great fan support on each team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS IS GREAT NEWS.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Forget about the KY schools, Ashland, Russell and Belfry, BigCarlito. They have district commitments that are tied to playoffs and are a must for KY schools. These are played at the end of the season, where most conference play is located and only have room for a few, very few non-district games.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

XandOs wrote:Forget about the KY schools, Ashland, Russell and Belfry, BigCarlito. They have district commitments that are tied to playoffs and are a must for KY schools. These are played at the end of the season, where most conference play is located and only have room for a few, very few non-district games.
Depending on how many schools are in your district. It starts between weeks 3 and five and can run to week 9. The state puts a grid out for those games that must be followed.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will be Independent for a while I am afraid to say. And I do not see the OVC and SOC merging but I still believe that Portsmouth and Gallia Acadamy will be joining the OVC within the next 3 years and I think it would be a very good move for all involved. All the schools will be close to each other in size and it wil help strengthen the ovc from top to bottom.
I know several people will disagree with this but I stil believe it will happen and for a good reason just my thought on the matter.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

maniac66 wrote:Ironton will be Independent for a while I am afraid to say. And I do not see the OVC and SOC merging but I still believe that Portsmouth and Gallia Acadamy will be joining the OVC within the next 3 years and I think it would be a very good move for all involved. All the schools will be close to each other in size and it wil help strengthen the ovc from top to bottom.
I know several people will disagree with this but I stil believe it will happen and for a good reason just my thought on the matter.
I would LOVE to see those two in the OVC.

Return to “Football”