(1-0) Fairland @ (0-1) Meigs

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

(1-0) Fairland @ (0-1) Meigs

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Fairland coming off a huge win and meigs coming off a tough loss. thoughts?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: WEEK 2: Fairland @ Meigs

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

After what Fairland did to West, it would be hard to pick Meigs in this game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This is usually a pretty good game. I don't see why Fairland can't win, but with such a small roster, the question becomes can the Dragons bring the same level of play every week that they brought in week 1. A key injury here or there could do them in.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Last 10:

2011: Meigs 27, Fairland 20
2010: Meigs 13, Fairland 6
2009: Fairland 34, Meigs 27
2008: Meigs 26, Fairland 23
2007: Fairland 48, Meigs 43
2006: Meigs 34, Fairland 14
2005: Meigs 34, Fairland 30
2004: Meigs 36, Fairland 24
2003: Fairland 29, Meigs 0
2002: Meigs 33, Fairland 0

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I watched the Fairland/West game. Fairland played flawless and West made way to many mistakes. West drove down right away and scored. Thought, here we go again, last year Fairland looked so bad but that isn't the case. I agree with fuzz, it is real important not to have any injuries on this team and if they can go at the intensity they played Friday then all bets are off, they should win alot more games. HOWEVER this is high school and anything can happen. Good Luck Fairland, hope you can keep it up. They have several special players on that small team.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard live on ESPN 1390 AM / 97.1 FM in the Pomeroy area and online @ www.wyvk.com

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Fairland 20-12

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

This game is close! I know it's hard for many to grasp but Portsmouth West is Bad!
Fairland 21 Meigs 19

Codym2584
Waterboy

Post by Codym2584 »

theres no way you can say pwest is a bad team. they would stomp river valley. pwest is a great team that fairland just outplayed. im telling you, fairland is a sleeper team that many teams look over on their schedule and that could come back to haunt them. watch out for the dragons this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I also believe this one will be relatively close. As many have said, Fairland played an almost perfect game Friday. That doesn't happen every week. I don't know about this year, but over the last few years Meigs has run a MUCH different offense than West has. Meigs will throw on any down, not just obvious passing downs like West does. I'm picking Fairland, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Meigs pull out a close game here.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fairland if they stay healthy.

urban buck
Varsity

Re: (1-0) Fairland @ (0-1) Meigs

Post by urban buck »

Good Luck Fairland! Bring the win

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

theyknow wrote:theres no way you can say pwest is a bad team. they would stomp river valley. pwest is a great team that fairland just outplayed. im telling you, fairland is a sleeper team that many teams look over on their schedule and that could come back to haunt them. watch out for the dragons this year.
like fairland did river valley in the preview ,lol i guess they were sand bagging

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

fuzzhead wrote:I also believe this one will be relatively close. As many have said, Fairland played an almost perfect game Friday. That doesn't happen every week. I don't know about this year, but over the last few years Meigs has run a MUCH different offense than West has. Meigs will throw on any down, not just obvious passing downs like West does. I'm picking Fairland, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Meigs pull out a close game here.
meigs is having big time qb problems they went to a freshman who imho is not ready to play varsity but,f that is what you have go with it.
i do think meigs can run the ball on fairland but if they make mistakes fairland is fast enough to make them pay. i have to go with the dragons i think meigs is going to struggle to win 3 games this year
but i also think the win last week was a fluke by fairland,if meigs runs the ball they can win,i think fairland must pass to win this game meigs run defense was good most of the night against gallia
Last edited by bevo on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Rolling with the Dragons in this game

FJS
Waterboy

Post by FJS »

Not to hijack this thread but could someone from Meigs update us Grovers on the kid that was injured. Hope it wasnt bad. Thanks

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

He's doing well. No broken bones. He is seeing a neurologist this morning to confirm no soft tissue damage.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Going with the impressive Fairland Squad in this one

todmc
Waterboy

Post by todmc »

speaking of previews, last year rock hill beat fairland and the game that counted fairland thumped rock hill by a bunch. so river valley enjoy your super bowl previews that you won by a uncontested fg and let's see what happens in the reg season.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Ill put my input in lol

Okay after watching the previews ill have to admit that Fairland looked bad. BUT ive never been the person to read much into the previews bc coming from expireience CG only runs ab six plays on offense so previews are not much to go on.

Second i was at the CG vs Meigs game and i can tell you this Meigs has improved a tremendous amount. They did not make much mistakes in the game against the grove and played a pretty sound game.

I also have to admit that i was shocked to see the score of the Fairland West game last week.

With that said i think this will be a really close game and the team with the least amount of mistakes will win this game myu prediction is Meigs 19 Fairland 16

Return to “Football”