Minford 38 @ Wellston 19

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Minford 38 @ Wellston 19

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Minford is coming off a 40-0 win over Rock Hill. Wellston coming off a loss to their cross-county rival Jackson.

History would say this will be a hard hitting game. Most often a very close point spread. I'm looking forward to seeing the stadium improvements that have been done the last couple years at Wellston.

Thoughts?
Last edited by FarAwayFalcon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Re: Week 2 Minford (1-0) @ Wellston (0-1)

Post by ACCBiggz »

After Week 1, Minford with ease. Final score may not reflect their total domination however. 28-7, 35-7 -- something like that.

The _Big_One
Freshman Team

Post by The _Big_One »

wellston Always plays minford tough, with that being said wellston 28-21

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

Dont count out Wellston after their first performance against a good Jackson team. The coaching staff and team will have the team prepared for minford. I hope they got their sloppy game out of the way and they get ready to take care of business

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I doubt Minford has forgotten last years loss to Wellston.

As IronFalcon said it is always a hard hitting affair. I dont think this year's Wellston team is as good as last year and Minford is much improved.

I read where a Wellston player got ejected vs Jackson. If so, that player will have to sit out this game. Was the kid a starter?

I see revenge on the horizon.

Minford 28
Wellston 14

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Yes, # 55 ( a starter both ways) of Wellston was ejected from the game last night, and will be suspended for the game against Minford. I was @ the game and, to tell you the truth, was not impressed with either team. Both sides were very sloppy and undisciplined. # 52 of Wellston, however, is a stud, particularly on defense (LB). The Minford coaches will see on tape where he was absolutely destroying RB's on pass protection. O-linemen need to put a hat on him, or else he will be an issue the entire game.

The coaches will have the team prepared for the Rockets this year, and I don't expect this year's game to be any different from the last 4 years. It will be very physical.

The Stapleton boy @ QB gives the Falcon offense a ton of potential to be very balanced running & passing, and I believe that will be the difference in this year's game.

The game could be either very close, or Minford will be running all on cylinders. I will still gave an honest prediction for a score and say 26-13 Falcons.
Last edited by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

I think this will be a good game. I know my Falcons looked very good Friday, but, can they do it again. Wellston, is a very hard place to play. I don't know why, but they are very hard to beat up there. And I don't care how sloppy Jackson looked, they are a good team, and will win some games this year. So what I am saying, is that Wellston lost to a very good team, so I think they will play better this week.
But with all that said, I still think my Falcons will win this one. The O-fense has too many weapons, and way too much speed, for them to be stopped. It must be nice, to go three deep in the back-field, and still have that much of a threat. Our D-fense was not tested last Friday, but they will be this week. We will see what we have early this week.
Well Good Luck to both teams, and everyone stay safe.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Re: (1-0) Minford @ (0-1) Wellston

Huey, I agree with you about Jackson. They will still most likely have at least a winning season. And as much as i hate to say it, HISTORY suggests that this will be a close, physical game with Wellston. But, I still like what Stapleton brings to the field @ QB, and I do like the young stable of RB's that we have.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Minford by 3+ scores imo

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Minford

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

Minford by 2 scores. Justice with BIG game.

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

MInford by 2 score. Justice with Big game

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I think the Falcons will come away with a 2 TD win over a very tough Wellston ballclub.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Last game in this series atleast until 2017. Wellston has started 0-1 19 out of the last 20 years ,so all you people going off what happened saturday night its a good thing you arent coaching Minford.This has been a very competitive series.Only two "blowouts" one by each side in recent memory . This game will be close hard fought and the team who makes the least mistakes will probably win.I hope for a injury free game.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

If Wellston plays the rest of the season like they did against Jackson they won't win very many games at all

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

Wellston in this one. Wellston was just over matched against jackson like always.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

thechosenone wrote:Wellston in this one. Wellston was just over matched against jackson like always.
With all due respect, I expect more of the same this week vs. the Falcons. I feel they didn't even begin to scratch the service of their capabilities offensively week 1 vs RH.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Minford will have their hands full and will be lucky to win at Wellston. Rock Hill quit playing and was not the same team after the turnover in the endzone. They gave up and let Minford have their way.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Agreed Dr. Lou. As I said in an earlier reply, Minford has a ton of potential offensively as far as balance.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

ill root for minford i lost all respect for the wellston coach and staff after some the things they siad about the young boys after they transferred its a shame they have no class and a embarrassment to rep tvc

Return to “Football”