Bishop Hartley 42 Amanda Clearcreek 0

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Bishop Hartley 42 Amanda Clearcreek 0

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

I know it's a little early to look ahead to our showdown with Bishop Hartley but WOW! I hope Clearcreek is way down this year.

caglewis
SEOP

Re: Bishop Hartley 42 Amanda Clearcreek 0

Post by caglewis »

As I remember, Ironton has taken a few "serious beatings" of its own.
Playing bigger/better schools, even at the risk of a serious beating, makes for a better team.
Both the players and the coaches get a handle on other strategies, choices, decisions if your team is behind rather than always ahead. Solid competition ALWAYS improves your game/skills. Even if your team loses by whatever margin [huge/ barely] you ultimately gain from the game.
Unless they're playing Ironton, I'll root for Amanda; and always applaud scheduling tough opponents whenever possible - even if it means a "beat-down", it's worth the game experience!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Amanda just isn't the same ol Amanda of the late 90s/early 00s, plus they were without their best back. And of course Hartley is a favorite to win the D4 championship this year. No surprises here. Watch out Ironton and Fairland: it could get real ugly later this fall.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

caglewis wrote:As I remember, Ironton has taken a few "serious beatings" of its own.
Playing bigger/better schools, even at the risk of a serious beating, makes for a better team.
Both the players and the coaches get a handle on other strategies, choices, decisions if your team is behind rather than always ahead. Solid competition ALWAYS improves your game/skills. Even if your team loses by whatever margin [huge/ barely] you ultimately gain from the game.
Unless they're playing Ironton, I'll root for Amanda; and always applaud scheduling tough opponents whenever possible - even if it means a "beat-down", it's worth the game experience!
CAN I GET AN AMEN PEOPLE.THAT IS WHY IRONTON IS ANNUALLY A PLAYOFF CONTENDER.I APPLAUD THE TEAMS THAT SCHEDULE TOUGH. IT VERY MUCH PAYS OFF IN THE LONG RUN.
:-D

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

and don't forget ironton is just BARELY D4.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Amanda's numbers have dwindled from about 75 to 45 players over the last four years due to a high pay-to-play fee. It started at the middle school level with fewer numbers and has now sapped its way to to the high school program. They also took heavy losses to graduation.

But Hartley would do that to about every team in this area of the state. They're just at another level.

Return to “Football”