Site Admin

(1-0) Piketon @ (0-1) Vinton County

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: (1-0) Piketon @ (0-1) Vinton County

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Last year the Vikings broke the Villages heart on a last second TD. The Streaks are riding an emotional high after beating Waverly, they cannot have a hiccup in this contest! Last season it started a 3 game skid that went into the SVC. Lets Go Streaks!

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

Piketon by at least 21

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

piketon 35 vc 13

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Series history..

2010.. Piketon-21 VC-0
2011.. VC-30 Piketon-27

The road team has won each time so far.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Just looked at the forecast and they are calling for mid 90's! What is up with this weather? Thanks Al Gore! lol It has been pleasant all week, and now on game night they are calling for heat. Oh well, get hydrated Streaks! Will be traveling to McArthur tomorrow!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Piketon, big. Judging by their performances against Portsmouth and Waverly, this should be pretty solid team. Maybe, playoffs?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

TCB the theme this week. Last year Piketon was 1-0 and looked past the Vikings and stubbed their toes

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Another long year for the Vikes :oops:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC has dropped 5 in a row at home dating back to the last home game of 2010 vs Meigs. If the Vikings plan on beating Piketon for a second consecutive year, they must not turn over the ball like last week (6 fumbles) and they must catch the ball! If VC can do both of these things tonight, this will be a close game, just like last year. If not, Piketon will get the win in the same fashion as Unioto last week. Good luck Vikes!

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

The Redstreaks will take this one on their way to running the table and making the playoffs. This will be one of those years a die hard Piketon fan has waited on for a long time. There will be some close games along the way but this won't be one of them.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

piketon doesnt need to look past the vikes but i sont think another upset will happen piketon by 14

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Sheik Yerboutie wrote:The Redstreaks will take this one on their way to running the table and making the playoffs. This will be one of those years a die hard Piketon fan has waited on for a long time. There will be some close games along the way but this won't be one of them.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, I could see the streaks going 8-2... Westfall and Minford will both be tall tasks.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

In my best Jim Mora voice, "PLAYOFFS, are you kidding me, PLAYOFFS? I just want to win A game!" Lets Go Streaks! Winning one at a time is fine with me! lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ronald McDonald will be at the new McArthur McDonald's (across from the high school) today from 5:30-6:30 if they're are any lil streaks that would like to meet him.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

eagles73 wrote:In my best Jim Mora voice, "PLAYOFFS, are you kidding me, PLAYOFFS? I just want to win A game!" Lets Go Streaks! Winning one at a time is fine with me! lol

Ughhhh PLAYOFFS!?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

VC dressed 37 players last night and I believe 12 of them are freshmen. Three of which played a bunch of time in this game. Point being is that this team is very very young. Some of the upperclassme may as well be freshmen because they have not played football for a while if at all. VC scored 12 points but also visited the red zone on three other trips and came up empty. That shows their youth, but they are getting there. They gave up over 400 yards of offense, but tightend that defense up when Piketon pushed in to their red zone and held them to 26 pts. This group of kids are playing hard and have that never say die attitude and most importantly you can see that they have BOUGHT INTO THEIR COACH and his system. They look bigger and stronger and are not giving up. IMO wins are coming. Dont look past these boys you might get upset. And if the rest of the TVC doesnt get it together " minus Athens" that storyline gets real interesting.

Any Thoughts?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon scored on its first 3 possesions of the first half, the 4th they just ran out of time. The second half, personal fouls, pass interference and 2 turnovers, 1 in the red zone led to only 1 score in the second half. Piketon had I believe 9 possessions for the game due to VC keeping the ball on the ground and timely passing. Piketon racked up nearly 450 yards, but also over 100 yards in penalties and 2 fumbles kept this game too close.

Credit the Vikings for never giving up. Piketon, I cant take more games like this. Finish games, 4 quarters!

Return to “Football”