Sultan of smack

n4sir
Freshman Team

Sultan of smack

Post by n4sir »

Was just informed that 107.7 WSEO has taken the Sultan of Smack show off the air?? I sure hope not can anyone fill us in if this did happen or not?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Sultan of smack

Post by 93Bulldog »

I sure hope not ...

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

This is a mistake!

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

It is official just read it on Sultans Facebook. darn sure hate that!!

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

First off, it is dumb of me to post on a public forum that I cannot control because of my "real" job that I support my family with. However, I know there are some real fans on here and I think I owe it to them to respond. So if I bail out, you know why.

It is true that the station is going in a different direction. I didn't ask why nor do I care, I just deal with the facts.

I got nothing bad to say about the station. They gave a guy with no radio experience that they didn't know the chance to be on the air for 6 years. I appreciate that. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed but they have the right to change things up if they want. Once again, rather than being angry, I wish to thank 107 for the oppurtunity to be on the air for 6 years. It was a great run and I had a ton of fun. I would also like to thank the countless people from all area schools who treated me so well. Especially the tailgaters, over the last 2 years we put over 10,000 worth of merchandise under needy Athens County Christmas trees. Hard to argue with that!

Billy, Tom and Scoops, I sure appreciate you guys. Thanks for being team players and I will be listening to you. You do a great job, keep up the good work.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pardon my French ... but that just sucks!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Sorry to hear this---you'll be missed.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Very disappointing. I enjoyed the show. Not much of a reason to listen now. I'll be catching a different game every week, and a lot of them won't be TVC matchups, so not much of a reason to listen anyway (besides the fact that I will be out of range the majority of the season). Thanks for what you did Rusty, and you did a lot for those kids who had no hope for Christmas, other than what your efforts provided. That means a great deal more than a HS football radio show.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

93 bulldog give me a call please

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

teufelhunden wrote:93 bulldog give me a call please
I got in late Monday - but sent you a PM - I'll be sure to give you a call Tuesday afternoon after school is out.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Everyone needs to call or message Power 105.5 to pick up this radio show.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This is just wrong! I will no longer listen to 107.7 when I am in Ohio.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

yes....heard a couple weeks ago that there was changes coming.......didn't help criticising equipment and just about everything else last week.......but its supposed to be about the kids.....and hope they continue to do so and whoever does the show its about the kids.......REMEMBER THAT..... :shock: 8) :idea:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Is the Guru making a comeback? That was the golden era of high school sports on 107.7. It was worth tuning in just to listen to how he pronounced different school names! :122245

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

possible......STAYED TUNED........and AGAIN......its for the KIDS...... :shock: 8) :!:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bird78 wrote:its for the KIDS...... :shock: 8) :!:
First of all ... football players are YOUNG MEN - not kids.
Second ... a post game radio show needs to revolve around players, the coaches (adults), the parents (adults) and the fans (adults/students) ... IMO, I thought the show did that.

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

Let them take it in a differant direction and those of us that choose our differant direction in things can do so. I am still not satisfied like everyone else, I want answers as to WHY it was taken off or why it was RUSTY. Come on just give us a straight up answer.

number85
Waterboy

Post by number85 »

What a shame. Here is a fella that really cares about kids. Anyone who knows him can attest to that. I know some folks didn't care about the tailgate aspect of the show, but if you saw the amount of toys that was generated because of the end of the year cook off, you could see how good the Sultan was for the children. As for the game, Rusty played and coached and knows as much as an of the other so called experts. The criticism of the equipment at the station was not even close to being over-board. I think one thing that shows the character of the Sultan is his post on Facebook and his post here. No bad mouthing the station or the owner, and wishing the best if the show continues. I believe the football fans are going to have a huge void on Friday nights without the Sultan. See ya at the game Rusty!

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

bird78 wrote:possible......STAYED TUNED........and AGAIN......its for the KIDS...... :shock: 8) :!:

They are young adults not kids. Rusty did a very good job. You need to get a sense of humor or get off this forum....geez

Return to “Football”