Sultan of smack

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Re: Sultan of smack

Post by Tyler_Durden »

93Bulldog wrote:
bird78 wrote:its for the KIDS...... :shock: 8) :!:
If it's truly "for the kids" then they'd be playing 50 Cent instead of having a talk show. I HIGHLY doubt that the primary demographic of the listeners on Friday nights is high school students (or younger). There may be a few who tune in, but I guarantee the majority of students are plugging in their iPods when they get into their cars after the game. Most could care less about any other football scores.

I would be more inclined to think that any radio show is mostly about it's listeners (and it's sponsors). If you don't have those then you don't have much of a show.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
bird78 wrote:its for the KIDS...... :shock: 8) :!:
If it's truly "for the kids" then they'd be playing 50 Cent instead of having a talk show. I HIGHLY doubt that the primary demographic of the listeners on Friday nights is high school students (or younger). There may be a few who tune in, but I guarantee the majority of students are plugging in their iPods when they get into their cars after the game. Most could care less about any other football scores.

I would be more inclined to think that any radio show is mostly about it's listeners (and it's sponsors). If you don't have those then you don't have much of a show.
I highly doubt ANYONE tuning into 107.7 is looking for 50 Cent

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

My guess is, he slipped up and said "Nelsonville" and did not include the "York" at the end. That my friend will bring the wrath of Hades down on anyone who dares such a loathsome deed. He may have also mentioned at some point during the show that Trimble defeated Nelsonville. Both of those actions are show killers within the confines of the land of Orange and Brown.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Logangrad wrote:Let me preface this by saying IN NO WAY AM I COMPARING 2005 TO NOW; Because I have no idea the current state of 107; BUT.... When they took Tim, Guru and myself off the air; they said the same thing to us in 2005. "Going in a different direction." I thought we had a good thing as well; some nights on til 2am talking; but its the nature of the beast I guess. All the Best to the Sultan. He did a good thing each week.

That was the golden age on 107.7! I would love to know what the ratings have been in recent years compared to mid-decade. Was there a drop off in ratings?

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I for one just like having a show on friday nights its good to hear scores from all over..iv heard billy is getting to take over but its just what iv heard him and troy

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

I guarantee ratings will go down and I see better things happening for Rusty and the saying is when one door closes another one opens and it will be twice the attention as what he deserves. Go get em RUSTY!!!

So whoever takes over watch your step and remember it's all about the Buckeyes so do not show any partiality to any other Athens County School or you will be terminated quickly....

We are so proud of the Sultan Smack...

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

I figured that being confined to a closet and having no phone lines for last weeks show would have clued the Sultan in on the fact that he was finished. Apparently he didn't get the hint? I mean, did they really have to come and tell you they were going in a different direction?

As for the why? part, ferns tried to give the scores but every time ferns started to give them Sultan cut him off and started talking about bake sales and tailgaters.
Last edited by Pitstop Billy on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

One line from a buddy of mine in the Columbus Ohio Radio Market, it is the the radio biz!

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Sure is. I remember when Tony Kornheiser went off ESPN radio in the 10:00-1:00 slot, and was replaced by Colin Cowheard. I remember thinking after his first day (and still thinking the same thing today)... "there is no way this no-sport-playing-full-of-hot-air-and-says-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-and-really-doesn't-say-anything-except-contradicting-himself moron is going to have a show for long."

Boy have I been wrong. Every time I try to turn ESPN radio back on and give it another shot I am constantly reminded why I gave it up.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I switched to the Dan patrick years ago Tyler ... best radio show on the dial ...

Anyone know if in fact callers will be allowed to call in to 107.7 this week? I'm thinking it could get pretty intresting if so ... :mrgreen:

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

93Bulldog wrote:I switched to the Dan patrick years ago Tyler ... best radio show on the dial ...

Anyone know if in fact callers will be allowed to call in to 107.7 this week? I'm thinking it could get pretty intresting if so ... :mrgreen:
It probably depends on if Nelsonville wins or loses. If they win, the phone lines will be repaired. If they lose, there may be some unforeseen technical difficulties that prevent calls from getting through. :lol:

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I smell bad wrote:My guess is, he slipped up and said "Nelsonville" and did not include the "York" at the end. That my friend will bring the wrath of Hades down on anyone who dares such a loathsome deed. He may have also mentioned at some point during the show that Trimble defeated Nelsonville. Both of those actions are show killers within the confines of the land of Orange and Brown.
Apparently You cant talk about Trimble beating Nelsonville on SEOP neither, The game thread disappeared..

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

Would be nice if the sultan could continue on another station!

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

PitStop Billy wrote:I figured that being confined to a closet and having no phone lines for last weeks show would have clued the Sultan in on the fact that he was finished. Apparently he didn't get the hint? I mean, did they really have to come and tell you they were going in a different direction?

As for the why? part, ferns tried to give the scores but every time ferns started to give them Sultan cut him off and started talking about bake sales and tailgaters.

I don't like you pokin fun at my man Billy but I have to give you credit, that is pretty darn funny :lol:

I think LoganGrad and Moonshine hit the nail on the head "Its just part of the business"

Again, many thanks to 107 for giving me the chance in the first place.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Amanda Clearcreek 24 Teees Valley 0.

Nurk Catholic 30 Burnt Onion 6.

Bring back the Guru!!!! :mrgreen:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

sounds good....him and Doug had a great show.......... 8)

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Mean Machine is still running the pick em challenge. I still have a t shirt and a plaque for the champ. go to the forum on sultanofsmack.com to enter

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

PitStop Billy wrote:I figured that being confined to a closet and having no phone lines for last weeks show would have clued the Sultan in on the fact that he was finished. Apparently he didn't get the hint? I mean, did they really have to come and tell you they were going in a different direction?

OMG another Buckeye still crying over this game. Dude Rusty will run circles around those guys! IDC who does it they will lose alot of people especially from our area. We do not need you people to tell everyone we won and what the score was... WE DON"T CARE !!! Hell hire all them from Nelsonville let them run everyone out and run the whole dang show. We have TOMCAT PRIDE and we don't need them in our corner ... MOVE ON !!!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Geesh,,,
Didn't hear this much whinnnnning when anyone else left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the concept of the show!!!!!!!!!
I haven't liked it as of late!!!!!
Am looking forward to a new direction. :122245

JMO

Return to “Football”