MC 50
River 26

lmao at easternDspy.

selonmc
Varsity

Re: River (2-0) @ Monroe Central (1-1) Week 3

Post by selonmc »

from EasternDspy's "power rankings":

"1.River Pilots (1-0) W Fort Frye 38-13...They are just bigger,Stronger,Faster then almost every team in the league."

The only people that actually believed that was easternDspy and the village of Hannibal. lol

Way to friggin play some ball Noles. Everybody buried you. They were throwing the dirt on the grave, but this team showed what kind of leadership they have. The Noles came out of a grinding first 3 weeks 2-1.

Korey Lafferre is a player. That was the best performance I've seen at old Memorial Park in a LONG time.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yes selonmc, sometimes King Hyperbole goes way over the top and says something that is absolutely ludicrous, like he did about River being the best team. You aren't the champ until you beat the champ, which obviously, River didn't do, getting blown out and giving up 50 points.

Can't wait to hear what adjectives he uses to hype up the FF/MC game. It will be amusing. ;-)

Nice to see the Noles bounce back strongly and make a statement. Someone is going to have to wrestle the PVC crown away from them, and River isn't going to be doing it this year. :mrgreen:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Its good for my Cadets.It probably won't happen but in theory it opens it up for them.I have never even seen MC or River play.I do my Cadets are playing good football.Think Chandler has threw 4 incompletions last 2 weeks.Yea the Noles will probably whacks them but there is always a chance.Go Cadets

tomahawkchop
Riding the Bench

Post by tomahawkchop »

So much for the vaunted defense of River!!!!! Lafferre was a thrill to watch last night. 260 yards and 5 rushing td's. Props to the lineman! Coaching staff and players done one heck of job preparing for the River game! Now to get ready for Caldwell.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Judging from the ss game they must have spent two weeks preparing.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Well, one thing for certain, I was right about Lafferre making things happen and being the difference. One thing I noticed is how SLOW River is defensively. Asturi's a bull, but Lafferre, Brown, Carrothers and Jorris looked like the Jamaican 4X100 relay team compared to the Pilots.
Nice win for MC. No doubt wraps up PVC title.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

Really expected this game to be a lot closer due to MCs offensive struggles in the first two weeks. But for MC to put up 50 points on a defense that returns all most of its starters and held MC to 14 points last year is incredible. An EXCELLENT game by Lafferre. 260 rushing yards on only 18 carries, almost 100 passing yards, and 6 total TDs. Lots of credit to the guys blocking though,too. One player who did impress me off River was Asturi. He's a real tough runner. As for the rest of the season, I think its safe to say MC will go no worse than 8-2 with its only challenging game left on its schedule being Magnolia, who is definitely beatable.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

8-2 or better so long as Lafferre stays healthy. Friday night was a team effort but Lafferre is the engine. They cannot lose him

MC has such a small team though. If any one of about 6 teams in region 17 got ahold of them it won't be pretty. Not trying to rain down on a wonderful performance but that's reality. 8 wins likely gets them in.

Now it will be interesting to see how River responds. Magnolia will be tough for them and Rosecran will be a tough game as well. At 7 wins it will be close for them. They had such high expectations. IMO Magnolia is a must win

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

selonmc wrote:8-2 or better so long as Lafferre stays healthy. Friday night was a team effort but Lafferre is the engine. They cannot lose him

MC has such a small team though. If any one of about 6 teams in region 17 got ahold of them it won't be pretty. Not trying to rain down on a wonderful performance but that's reality. 8 wins likely gets them in.

Now it will be interesting to see how River responds. Magnolia will be tough for them and Rosecran will be a tough game as well. At 7 wins it will be close for them. They had such high expectations. IMO Magnolia is a must win
Reality is MC would have to get a real lucky draw in the playoffs if they want to win a game. With all the good teams in Region 17, I don't know if they can compete with anyone in the top 8 really.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

They could compete with Bellaire if somehow they got matched up, but don't know if the Noles could beat them. I hear Garaway is pretty good but I think we could hang with them. After that it becomes bad. The Noles did compete with STA for 2 1/2 quarters last year but the lack of depth wore MC down.

Return to “Football”