Week 3 (1-1) Gallia Academy @ (2-0) Ironton

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Week 3 (1-1) Gallia Academy @ (2-0) Ironton

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Personally I wish we would continue to play Ironton, but I can understand maybe why we dropped them.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I welcome back the Jackson series in 2014. As for Gallia, I always enjoyed the close drive there. Ironton will be better off in the long run and so will Gallia. Gallia did not bring many to the tank the past two times and that trend isn't going to change.
On to the game: I like Irontons good mix on offense and I believe the defense will continue to get better and better. I'll take Ironton in this one 40-14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

scarlet&blue? wrote:Want to play SEOAL teams? Then don't drop out on the league after a couple of years--

great post for post number 5 , wonder how many names you got.
:mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

starbase_318 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I HOPE TO SEND THE BLUE DEVILS PACKIN WITH A BIG OLE BLOODY NOSE FOR DROPPING THE FIGHTING TIGERS---.
Says a lot about a 50 year old man's mindset! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: These are kids playing a game. None of them had a say in the matter.
:aaaaa10 I'M 52

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

now that the silliness is over , i look for this to be a very good game. i look for this to be a close one. the tigers have yet to play their best football. there is still some mistakes being made. but the talent is there. personally i'd like to see some stunts and blitz pacjages , to stop the runs up the middle.and i think the safeties are too deep.they have to come from too far back to assist on tackles. patrick lewis , schweickart, and trevor white are doing a great job packing the ball.like to see the oline sustain their blocks a lil longer. but this is a new offense and i think they are progressing great.we need to wrap up better tackling , instead of trying to knock people over. we need to get more fundamentally sound with the remainder of our schedule, being---gahs,ashland, portsmouth, johnson central, col. bishop watterson, col. bishop hartley, and oak hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

starbase_318 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I HOPE TO SEND THE BLUE DEVILS PACKIN WITH A BIG OLE BLOODY NOSE FOR DROPPING THE FIGHTING TIGERS---.
Says a lot about a 50 year old man's mindset! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: These are kids playing a game. None of them had a say in the matter.

nice try , trying to make me look bad, trust me i do fine at it myself. but thanks for the assist,lol.
:aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

jottings is there anyplace we can meet friday, would love to see ya again,holler at me.and i miss steve ebert as well.
it will seem alot different this year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I'm looking for a spot in the Tiger pressbox. Called AD couple times but got no reply from Coach LaFon.

Ironton has some new facilities, but the Tigers pressbox dates back to the 1930s. Today, there are many radio stations, scouts, reporters, stat people plus the PA announcer and his spotter and film crews.

Tigerbait...I miss Ebert, Odie O'Donnell, Bill Gray and others that attended GAHS games down through the years. It's getting harder and harder at 78 for me to still follow the Blue Devils.

Saw in Huntington paper Saturday where Ironton not only runs the ball this year, but the Tigers also pass it. Gonna be hard for GAHS to stop Ironton if Blue Devils perform like they did against Licking Hts. Friday

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I dont think Gallia is physical enough to stop the Tigers. This wont be a close one like last year. I think Ironton will win by at least 20.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

send me a message jottings if you wanna meet for a few.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Ironton Will Be Off To A Great Start At 3-0 After This Game!!
Send Gallia Packing!!!!
Tigers 28
Devils 0

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Ironton 35 Gallia 14

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

fuzzhead wrote:The SEOAL probably wont exist in 5 years. Quit acting like it's some kind of sacred fraternity. Sheesh. :lol:
fuzznuts: you are on to something here i see chilli,logan and warren heading to other leagues as soon as they can set it up,then one of 2 things happen gallia joins the tvc and they go to 3 divisions which is the most likely,taking jackson,vinton co,athens ,gallia and possibly warren in the upper
the middle will be: nelsonville,river valley,meigs, alexander,wellston

i hate to see our fans get too high then too low, i was very cautious after the athens win and i think reality has set in.

ga won't score a td against ironton unless it's very late i see this game ironton 35- ga 8 the offense was horrible last week,pass protection was bad play calling very predictable i hate this offense!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think Gallia is going to make a bid for the OVC truly do along with Portsmouth. I can see the OVC letting them join because it does several things for them one is help build the confrence with stability and competiveness in all sports. I think the OVC sees this and needs this in order to become a stronger conference the SOC has been a bully to them past few years and with S.P. and R.H. not putting competetive football teams on the field it really doesn't make them a stronger football conference. And Portsmouth will help in Basketball and Gallia in baseball so it would really help the OVC in the long run.

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

You're Tiger Bait
I HOPE TO SEND THE BLUE DEVILS PACKIN WITH A BIG OLE BLOODY NOSE FOR DROPPING THE FIGHTING TIGERS---------THERE I SAID IT.THEY WILL LOSE SERIOUS REVENUE, WITH THE FIGHTING TIGERS NO LONGER TRAVELING TO THE FRENCH CITY.
You're Tiger Bait
Wow!!!! You run from the league and now your mad because teams are dropping you. All the teams in the league should have replaced you.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Did Ironton ever win the Seoal the last time they were in the league?

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

No Ironton never even had a share of league title the last time they where in the SEOAL. That's why they left.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

IRONMENFAN wrote:No Ironton never even had a share of league title the last time they where in the SEOAL. That's why they left.
They never left because they couldn't win the SEOAL if it was only for football it would be great but it isn't it also includes both Basketball teams and volley ball and softball and baseball. And that is alot of traveling reguardsless. I wish they still was in the SEOAL but they are not. High Schools do things based on whats best for the students and what the economy allows. SO believe what you want funny how it's said Jackson is picking us back up for football bet you really just love that don't you!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

We didn't leave because of Football. Logan was the only team to dominate us during that period and we know the teams they had at that time.

While in the SEOAL:

Ironton (4-0) vs Jackson
Ironton (2-0) vs Marietta
Ironton (2-0) vs Warren
Ironton (3-1) vs Gallia Academy
Ironton (3-1) vs Portsmouth
Ironton (1-1) vs Zanesville
Ironton (2-2) vs Chillicothe
Ironton (0-4) vs Logan

Record vs SEOAL teams after leaving the league:

Ironton (2-0) vs Gallia Academy
Ironton (2-0) vs Portsmouth