Cramping...are we keeping hydrated?

ItownHosscat
S

Cramping...are we keeping hydrated?

Post by ItownHosscat »

I know Ironton didn't cramp up as much this week.Tanner Scheicart(spelling) looked to have overheated and passed out,he hit the ground in the huddle.Russell was cramping big time.The Burg fans would have went nuts.These kids should be packing a bottle of water/Gatorade with them at all times.Former Ohio State Buckeye and Minnesota Viking Corey Stringer died from over heating.This stuff is dangerous.I am proud to say I never heard the first Ironton fan boo a Russell player for being down with cramps.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Cramping...are we keeping hydrated?

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Part of the problem, IMO, is kids think they can slam water and gatorade starting Thursday evening and be fine. In the first half of the season, you start hydrating Saturday. I was told once that studies have been done, and to get the total benefits of sports drinks you need to start consuming them 3-4 days before the game.

Plus it's not any cooler at practice, and the kids are losing tons of fluids everyday. Preventing cramps takes effort in what you eat and drink all week long, not just Thursday night. Kids should probably drink 2+ gallons of water a day, I'd be suprised if many do.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ItownHosscat wrote:I know Ironton didn't cramp up as much this week.Tanner Scheicart(spelling) looked to have overheated and passed out,he hit the ground in the huddle.Russell was cramping big time.The Burg fans would have went nuts.These kids should be packing a bottle of water/Gatorade with them at all times.Former Ohio State Buckeye and Minnesota Viking Corey Stringer died from over heating.This stuff is dangerous.I am proud to say I never heard the first Ironton fan boo a Russell player for being down with cramps.
I am guessing russel doesn't run a uptempo offense? Really no reason to lay on the field to slow down play , rest and stop momentum if the other team is running a normal pace huddle every play offense.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Good point fbnut. Ironton was running the up tempo and it worked big time. Russell was worn out... Just like Ironton was last week. No Ironton coach or fan yelled or insinuated that the kids were faking... Oh and the even bigger difference was that Ironton blew Russell out and burg lost to Ironton, again.

Cramps were a huge problem. Some fat guy in front of me cramped up and he wasn't even playing

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

the humid air was a big factor in last nights games. after Isaac dropped a few rain drops pregame

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Dinocrocetti wrote:Good point fbnut. Ironton was running the up tempo and it worked big time. Russell was worn out... Just like Ironton was last week. No Ironton coach or fan yelled or insinuated that the kids were faking... Oh and the even bigger difference was that Ironton blew Russell out and burg lost to Ironton, again.

Cramps were a huge problem. Some fat guy in front of me cramped up and he wasn't even playing

HEY WATCH IT THERE, DINO.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

when i walked up to the restroom, i heard an ironton coach/trainer or somebody said they slammed back a bunch of chocolate milk, several hours before the game. never heard of that but surely must have helped.

and i too am proud of the ironton fans, 2/3 russell players were falling out it seemed like every play in the 2nd half. not 1 single boo, or accusation that it was being faked.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Supplements

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Kids these days drink to many carbonated beverages throughout the week.... pop, energry drinks, etc.

Return to “Football”