Freshman Team

Re: Jackson vs. Granville

Post by Gus »

Granville by 3

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I don't know any thing about Jackson, so I wont make a prediction. Granville is pretty good. They run a spread type offense. Their QB can hurt a defense throwing or running. They are a very well coached team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gonna be a big challenge for the Ironmen.

Good week of practice and improve every week!

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

I know Coach Hall will place alot of emphasis on taking care of the football this week. The level of play that I saw on Friday will not work against top level teams. Hope the Ironmen come out ready to play this week!

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Cant Wait!!!!!!!
GO jackson county ------Except jackson :!:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Clever

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

Jackson has a great program they will do well this year, not real big but they play smart football. The coaching staff knows how to make the correct adjustments, good luck this season.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Granville has a really good QB and some really good other skill players.

They can throw the ball all over the field and run the ball when needed.

I think Jackson will have to use long drives and eat the clock up to keep that powerful G-Ville offense off of the field.

Should be a great game.

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

Post by DUSTIN FORD FAN »

good game plan by jackson coaching staff and they will win...if they scheme poorly they will lose....landrum will need about 150+ and 25 carries as well

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Re: Week 3: Granville (2-0) @ Jackson (2-0)

Post by ACCBiggz »

If the Granville QB is as good as they are making him out to be then they should win. Jackson isn't as complete as they were last season. I'll take Granville by two scores in a high scoring game.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Granvilles QB is a very good athlete that can throw the ball.
They run the spread and they run it well.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

This is only a one-year deal since Jackson will be picking up West Jeff for a four-year contract starting next season, but it's a great game for both schools. Granville missed the playoffs last season at 9-1, while Jackson finished 7th in their region at 10-0. Obviously this game is a potential computer point jackpot for the team that wins, but no matter what, it's good preparation against a quality opponent of similar school size.

Granville has been very impressive the first two weeks, beating Johnstown-Monroe (who handed them their only loss last season) and hammering Utica. Jackson, on the other hand, has won comfortably against Wellston and Waverly, but they haven't really looked crisp at all. They're really going to have to step up their game to compete with the Blue Aces on Saturday night.

Granville's QB, David Fraley, is very highly touted and I have heard he is receiving a lot of interest from some D1 schools. He has thrown for 509 yards, 8 TDs, and 3 INTs in the first two weeks. He leads Granville's spread attack that appears to have several weapons, both on the ground and through the air. I've heard that Granville shows some pretty unconventional defensive fronts, so that's certainly something else unusual that the Ironmen must prepare for this week. Coach Hall and his staff have scouted the Blue Aces three times already, I believe. I have no doubt that they will have the Ironmen as prepared as they can possibly be. It's just going to be a matter of execution, and if the Ironmen have the athletes to deal with Granville's explosive offense. I would expect Jackson to use a ball-control gameplan offensively to keep Granville's "O" on the sideline.

Early forecast is calling for much cooler temperatures and rain on Saturday, which might bode well for the Ironmen, but I'm really hoping for a packed house at Alumni Stadium. The Jackson community needs to come out and get excited for this game. Show Granville why the Ironmen are 14-1 at home under Coach Hall. The fact that it's a Saturday game should bring fans from all over SE Ohio in as well, so hopefully that also plays to Jackson's advantage. This is going to be a game with a playoff atmosphere, and in a way, it really is a playoff game for both schools since it means so much with regard to computer points. Should be a lot of fun.

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

I'm afraid the spread offense will be a bit much for the Ironmen but I'll be rooting hard for em!
GO IRONMEN!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the ironmen , what div. is granville.

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

If Jackson covers deep like they did against Wellston, Granville by as many as they want. Wellston had receivers runnin open in the 2nd quarter that the QB couldn't get the ball to. I say Granville 35 Jackson 7

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

They are a division 3 school.

Apollo Creed
Waterboy

Post by Apollo Creed »

This should be a great contest. A spread offense does not automatically insure a victory against the Ironmen. It is always fun to see how we match up to a new opponent.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Defending an efficient spread offense at the high school level, or any level for that matter, is extremely difficult. However, as Apollo Creed alluded to, this isn't really something new for the Ironmen. They've seen plenty of spread offenses over the last few years, and have been successful against those offenses in most cases. That said, I think Granville's team is going to be somewhat similar to the Eaton team Jackson saw in the playoffs two years ago, which means this will be a great challenge for the Ironmen. It's definitely nice to play a game like this against an unfamiliar opponent though. The St. Charles game last season was a lot of fun. Hopefully this one turns out in Jackson's favor as well.

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

Jackson will have a tough time with the Blue Aces. Granville 28-7

Return to “Football”