Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

Post by BigBlueNation »

Might just have to catch this one myself if I don't go to Chillicothe. Should be a good one. Good luck to the Falcons.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm gonna say the redstreaks win this one.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Gotta go with my Falcons in this one. I think Minford's power game will not only wear down Piketon's D, but I feel the Falcons defense will come together and will stop a potent offensive attack by the Redstreaks.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I dont see this being lopsided one way or the other. Piketons offense can score in bunches and very quickly. Minford is solid on offense with the wing t, this game will boil down to turnovers and penalties. Whomever can limit those, will probably walk away with a bunch of playoff points. Lets Go Streaks~!

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

LETS GO STREAKS! this will be a great game but i feel like the streaks will pull it out 21-14.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Minford big.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Runner00 wrote:Minford big.

I definitely wouldnt say that. This will be the best offense Minford has faced this season BY FAR. Wellston had 320 yds with 202 coming on the ground. No knock to Wellston but most of those yards came from missed tackles and no containment outside. Piketon will be much better offensively than Wellston was last week.

Outside a couple busted assignments, Minford's secondary has looked pretty solid. Minford will move the ball and score points, but this game will be one or lost by the defense (for both teams). The defense that steps up and gets stops early in the game so the offense can get to work will win. It will be exciting to see which defense will come out and hit the offense in the mouth and set the tone for the game.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I am going with Piketon in this one minford has not realy played anybody yet 28-14

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Here4Fun wrote:I am going with Piketon in this one minford has not realy played anybody yet 28-14
Both schools Minford and Piketon have played are winless.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:I am going with Piketon in this one minford has not realy played anybody yet 28-14
Valley's opponents record is 1-3.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:
I would worry more about Piketon and Portsmouth Than who Valley has Played

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
I would worry more about Piketon and Portsmouth Than who Valley has Played

LOL! If I still played I would.

I would be careful of your little shotty remarks about Minford this year. They are much better than last year and unfortunately I cannot say the same for your Indians. Good luck Friday, you guys are gonna need it. Coal Grove is a solid team.

Is your wife gonna make you go shopping Friday or let you go to the game?

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

I have to agree with Red, 202 is way too many yards. We have some big holes to fill on D-fense. We have to be able to stop the run, and make them pass. If we can't stop the run, it might be a long night, for my Falcons.

I can't wait to watch our O-fense, they are getting better every week. We have so many weapons, and speed. Hopefully we can come up with some more Big Plays this Friday!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Valley's opponents record is 1-3.[/quote]
I would worry more about Piketon and Portsmouth Than who Valley has Played[/quote]

I would be careful of your little shotty remarks about Minford this year. They are much better than last year and unfortunately I cannot say the same for your Indians. Good luck Friday, you guys are gonna need it. Coal Grove is a solid team.

Is your wife gonna make you go shopping Friday or let you go to the game?[/quote]
well any thing would be an improvement from last year Beat Portsmouth and then you might have something to talk about :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:Valley's opponents record is 1-3.
I would worry more about Piketon and Portsmouth Than who Valley has Played[/quote]

Is your wife gonna make you go shopping Friday or let you go to the game?[/quote]
well any thing would be an improvement from last year Beat Portsmouth and then you might have something to talk about :lol:[/quote]

Oh yeah because Portsmouth is all of a sudden a measuring stick because Valley beat them without their starting middle linebackers. LOL!

Dont you think its time you finally wore the pants in the family? :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford made the playoffs what, 4 straight years in a row? They have a down year and all of a sudden Here 4 Fun cant remember just going back 4-5 years ago Valley was down and went 4-6 in 07. 5-5 in 06 Funny how a good year erases the memories, isnt it? Just remember the worm always turns.

So is your wife gonna let you go watch the ballgame Friday or do you have to take her shopping?

Game_Changer
Waterboy

Post by Game_Changer »

This game can be a blowout if the Stapleton kid can get the passing game rolling. It will take time adjusting to a new offense, but once he does the falcons offense will be deadly. The defense is getting better each game and should do a nice job on covering the Piketon receivers. Minford Big !

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

This very well could be the game of the week. Im torn on this one, I want to stay ture to the SOC and take Minford but I have a cusin playing for Piketon. It should come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Good luck to both teams!!!
I may just go and watch this one.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Here4Fun wrote:Valley's opponents record is 1-3.

well any thing would be an improvement from last year Beat Portsmouth and then you might have something to talk about :lol:[/quote]

Why are you bragging about beating Portsmouth? :roll: How about you beat Coal Grove and come talk to us.... since joining the big boy league, valley has beat Minford 1 time....

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

well finally made it to a minford game last week and thought they looked real good except for some critical key penalties. there is one thing that im still scratchin my head about. At first glance i thought the big guys up front on the defensive line were slippin and fallin down. As the game went on it looked like they were jsut fallin down to block the hole up. Was my eyes seein things or is that realy what they were doin? Seemed like it didnt work. Seemed like they were better off taking the o linemen back into the play which was blowin the play up! then they started fallin down again! Never seen anything like it.

gotta go with the birds from minford in this game. wish I could be there to see it.

Return to “Football”