Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Re: Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

Post by N4da'score »

Minford 19-14 final.........WOW, down 14-7 with 2 min. to go and pull it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Holy crap!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford showed a ton of heart and was not going to be denied at the end of the game.

Hats off to Piketon, they are a really good team. I was impressed with their QB and really impressed with their offensive line. Both teams made huge defensive stops throughout the game with several being goal line stands by both teams.

Minford's running game looked very good and Piketon threw the ball really well. QB has a rocket arm. Piketon is far from done this year as they are a very talented, physical and scrappy team.

Great job Falcons.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Both teams made crucial mistakes, and the game literally came down to the bounce of the football on an onside kick. I was very impressed by the overal play of the Red Streaks. Minford is a very good team, so there's no shame in losing to them. Get over the sting on the loss, put in a good week of work, and get ready for Westfall. Go Streaks!

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

WOW!!! What a game!!! It is really too bad that someone had to lose. Both teams played a hard game. I was impressed with the Heart, both teams showed tonight. Both teams had some big plays on O-fense, and some big stops on D-fense.

The QB, #2 for Piketon played a great game. He is even better than what people had said about him. He has a great arm, and a nice touch when he needs it. I was also impressed with #7, #81, and we heard #8 name all night. And their O-line was one of the best pass-blocking lines, I have seen in a long time. We couldn't get close to the QB. Hats off to the Piketon team, they played hard, and they are well coached. They will win alot of games this year. I wish them the best of luck!!!

As for my Falcons, I am so proud, they could have given up, and they did not!!! They over-came some mistakes, and some bad plays, and pulled it together to get the win!!! Great job Falcons!!!

Just want to say that you could see that Piketon was not going to let #11 run all over them. But the other backs #28, #21, #3, and #42 really stepped it up tonight. And our O-line made some big holes tonight. This was a great game, real happy we were able to win.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

What an ending. Always glad to see my Falcons get a win. Penalties and turnovers can cost you a close game, and they almost did tonight. But, Minford kept playing till the very end and won a game against a pretty good Piketon team. Lots of playoff points to come from Piketon. Plenty to learn and correct, but they keep putting hard work in every week and good things keep happening.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Wouldn't mind, nor be surprised if these teams hook-up again in Week 11 or 12... if they continue to take care of business. Great game!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The village was rocking last night, unfortunately my Streaks just couldnt put the game away. That game had everything, big hits, great defense at times, big plays, goal line stands, onside recovery, and the game came down to the last 4 seconds!

Piketon, this game is not the end, Westfall comes next Friday and the SVC season begins! Lets Go Streaks~!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Congrats to the Falcons and the SOC...

I'm not sure why Valley is brought into this thread, but since we're running the Indians down..I figured (As BleedingRed already knows, lol) I'd throw out some numbers..

Valley never does well against the "BIG BOYS" apparently, however Minford is 1-5 in thier last 6 playoff games, as Valley is 4-2 in thier last 6 playoff games.

Saying Valley can only "sniff" the playoffs by going 10-0 or 9-1 is also not true...the last 2 playoff trips, the Indians have played a HOME game (#4 in 05, and #2 in 11) Sniffing the playoffs would be in the 6-8 range.

I dont mind you guys trashing Valley, it seems to be a hobby....but at least back up the stuff with facts and truth (Being 1-5 against Minford for example, but dont mention them being 4-2 vs. West)

Since Valley joined the SOC

SOC titles:

Burg - 3
Valley - 1
Minford - 1
West - 1

Since 02 only 4 current SOC schools have played for a regional title:

02 - West 34-18 W vs Portsmouth
04 - Wheelersburg 27-25 L vs Amanda CC
05 - Valley 26-21 L vs Centerburg
11 - Valley 54-48 (OT) L vs Wynford

I wouldnt say Valley cant win against the "BIG BOYS"....but to each thier own.

Good Luck the rest of the year fellas..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Just curious Coop- what years were those last 6 playoff appearances besides obviously last year? Because it looks like one would have to go well back into the 90's to the start of the 90's to get to that first of the 6.

If thats the case, we might as well go back into the late 80's and throw Minford into your "elite" playoff schools who played for a regional title, as Minford played former CAPE for the regional title. I would hate to leave them out since we are going back so far with these stats. ;-)
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:Just curious Coop- what years were those last 6 playoff appearances besides obviously last year?
GAMES, not appearances.

2005:

Valley 21 Grandview Heights 14
Valley 28 Bishop Ready 6
Valley 21 Centerburg 26

2011:

Valley 28 Ridgewood 21
Valley 42 Crestview 12
Valley 48 Wynford 54

In 2005 Valley played all of the SOC 2 schools except West (Senators were 6-4 that year, L to Burg, beat Waverly, NW, Minford)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I teach 7th grade, and I dont see this much drama from them! lol Start your own threas please!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

eagles73 wrote:I teach 7th grade, and I dont see this much drama from them! lol Start your own threas please!
I agree....I didnt even see any of this until I went in here to read about the ending of this game this morning, and then I saw all the Valley slander...of course I'm going to reply.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Just curious Coop- what years were those last 6 playoff appearances besides obviously last year?
GAMES, not appearances.

2005:

Valley 28 Bishop Ready 6
Valley 21 Centerburg 26

2011:

Valley 28 Ridgewood 21
Valley 42 Crestview 12
Valley 48 Wynford 54

In 2005 Valley played all of the SOC 2 schools except West (Senators were 6-4 that year, L to Burg, beat Waverly, NW, Minford)
Gotcha ;-)

Obviously Valley had a great team last year. I watched several of their playoff games and really thought they were gonna win that Wynford game. Tough tough team last year.

05's team was obviously really good too. Congrats on the big win last night.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
GAMES, not appearances.

2005:

Valley 28 Bishop Ready 6
Valley 21 Centerburg 26

2011:

Valley 28 Ridgewood 21
Valley 42 Crestview 12
Valley 48 Wynford 54

Gotcha ;-)

Obviously Valley had a great team last year. I watched several of their playoff games and really thought they were gonna win that Wynford game. Tough tough team last year.

05's team was obviously really good too. Congrats on the big win last night.
No doubt, same thing your way. PM me the details on that finish...down 14-7 under 2 minutes and won....very interested in how it played out.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:Just curious Coop- what years were those last 6 playoff appearances besides obviously last year? Because it looks like one would have to go well back into the 90's to the start of the 90's to get to that first of the 6.

If thats the case, we might as well go back into the late 80's and throw Minford into your "elite" playoff schools who played for a regional title, as Minford played former CAPE for the regional title. I would hate to leave them out since we are going back so far with these stats. ;-)

Nice edit, never said "elite" playoff schools, however what i DID do was go "Modern Era" (basically since 2000) but keep digging..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Just curious Coop- what years were those last 6 playoff appearances besides obviously last year? Because it looks like one would have to go well back into the 90's to the start of the 90's to get to that first of the 6.

Nice edit, never said "elite" playoff schools, however what i DID do was go "Modern Era" (basically since 2000) but keep digging..

You got a shovel I can borrow? I think I just broke mine..... ;-)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The ball is live and can be advanced.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The last 3 minutes of the game was Piketon picking up 2 huge penalties to put them in 4th and 30 from their own 15. They get the punt off and Minford takes over at the 40. They score with 1:45 on the clock and miss the extra point. Hindsight, I was happy they missed it, now not so much! lol Minford kicks onside and gets the ball at the 40 again. 3 plays later and 1:10 on the clock they score again. Piketon drives to Minfords 25 and throw a interception with 4 seconds left.

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Piketon beat themselves ..........

Return to “Football”