Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

Huey
Waterboy

Re: Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

Post by Huey »

Bounce wrote:I was reading if it hit the ground from adefense blocked punt it could not be advanced by the offense. Thanks for clarifying
That punt never touched a Minford player, it hit Piketons O-fense line in the back. Minford D-line just pushed them back, into the punter. The ball should have been dead at that spot. I think they blew that call. Minford never touched the ball.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Doesnt change the outcome! lol I could throw out a bunch of what ifs! It was a great game, probably the best of the weekend around here, lets keep it at that.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

NTHZONE wrote:Piketon beat themselves ..........
Insightful posts like this are why I love forums.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

piketon played a good game just to many penalties both are good teams both will probably be playing in week 11 if they take care of business but neither need to worry about the playoffs! win games and that will happen

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

NOREDHEADS wrote:Brain Boldman is the key to the game tonight.
well he really let us down last night i mean he didnt play hes usually there best defensive player :mrgreen:

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

Dundas wrote:Minfords secondary must play well against Piketon. If not, the Streaks will throw all over the place and run away with it. The best defense against the Streaks is a good offense. They will score, and can score quick. Piketons offense is one of the better units I've seen in quite some time.
Lol piketon coach forgot to run his tailback..oops! Lmao!

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

NTHZONE wrote:Piketon beat themselves ..........
Amen to that! Why didnt they run waddell? Average 20 yards a carry. Oops!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

CoolPiketonDude wrote:
Dundas wrote:Minfords secondary must play well against Piketon. If not, the Streaks will throw all over the place and run away with it. The best defense against the Streaks is a good offense. They will score, and can score quick. Piketons offense is one of the better units I've seen in quite some time.

They did try to run the ball. Even at the end they sprinkled in some runs. Problem was Minford was stuffing it. Piketon had a little success running the ball early but Minford's D line started shutting down their run at the line of scrimmage.

I can tell you one thing, Piketon's O line is a heck of a pass blocking team. It was really hard to get any pressure on Piketon's QB!

Good luck the rest of the year.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Tough loss for my beloved Redstreaks, too many critical mistakes down the stretch to allow this one to slip away. Very Frustrating in the Village!

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Bleeding Red wrote:
CoolPiketonDude wrote:

They did try to run the ball. Even at the end they sprinkled in some runs. Problem was Minford was stuffing it. Piketon had a little success running the ball early but Minford's D line started shutting down their run at the line of scrimmage.

I can tell you one thing, Piketon's O line is a heck of a pass blocking team. It was really hard to get any pressure on Piketon's QB!

. thanks for the good luck
And piketon did run their fullback but they didn't run 27 at all. He is the tailback. He just passblocked

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

Congrats to my Falcons on the win.....the seniors really stepped up and led the team, you are truly a BAND OF BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Piketon played a good game, very exciting and nothing to be disappointed about....just sorry that a team had to loose, keep your heads up and keep up the hard work

Minford keep working hard this weekends don't look past any team....one game at a time

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

Good luck the rest of the year.[/quote]. thanks for the good luck
And piketon did run their fullback but they didn't run 27 at all. He is the tailback. He just passblocked[/quote]

are you kidding me??? We had 8 guys in the box... Thats why you guys only had 90 some rushing yards.. sounds to me like someone's dad is a little upset their son didn't play or get the ball enough?? :lol: :lol: wow. i thought Piketon was a team, not an individual..

RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Rule on Punts "touching" linemen

Post by RoadMan »

What is the reason for having an expanded neutral zone during scrimmage kicks and how does it affect the touching of a low kick in that area?

RULING: The purpose of expanding the neutral zone during a scrimmage kick is to permit normal line play. The neutral zone is expanded up to a maximum of 2 yards behind the defensive line of scrimmage (beyond the neutral zone) to allow ­offensive linemen to block and drive defensive linemen off the line of scrimmage. Low scrimmage kicks may touch or be touched by players of K or R, and such touching is ignored if the kick has not been beyond the expanded neutral zone. The zone disintegrates immediately when the kick has crossed the expanded zone or when the trajectory is such that it cannot be touched until it comes down. Once the zone disintegrates, touching of the kick by K in flight beyond the ­neutral zone is kick-catching interference if an R player is in position to catch the ball. If touched by R beyond the neutral zone, it ­establishes a new series

So, IF the punt was touched by a member of the kicking team in/behind the neutral zone, it is ignored. If K picks up the ball and runs beyond the line to gain it is a first down provided the ball did not go beyond the neutral zone before K picked it up. If R picks up the ball it may be advanced. Either team, K or R may advance a ball that does not cross the neutral zone. The only time K may not advance a kick is if the ball is muffed, whereby the ball is dead upon recovery. If R fumbles the ball it may be advanced by either team. Some will need to learn the difference between a Fumble and a Muff.

Only responding to what the rule is that Huey & Bounce were discussing.

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

judge judy wrote:They did try to run the ball. Even at the end they sprinkled in some runs. Problem was Minford was stuffing it. Piketon had a little success running the ball early but Minford's D line started shutting down their run at the line of scrimmage.

. thanks for the good luck
And piketon did run their fullback but they didn't run 27 at all. He is the tailback. He just passblocked[/quote]

are you kidding me??? We had 8 guys in the box... Thats why you guys only had 90 some rushing yards.. sounds to me like someone's dad is a little upset their son didn't play or get the ball enough?? :lol: :lol: wow. i thought Piketon was a team, not an individual..[/quote].

Piketon is a team. And a dang good one. Yup that's my boy and idk if he runs.I don't think we could win without our qb or recievers or lineman or our awesome defence! You take one of them out than you can have a hard time winning. I just want our boys to see the playoffs. Nuff said

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Post by NOREDHEADS »

Give Brain Boldman some carries!

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

NOREDHEADS wrote:Give Brain Boldman some carries!
i agree hes an animal

Return to “Football”