1-1 Coal Grove @ 2-0 Lucasville Valley

coop
SEOPS

Re: 1-1 Coal Grove @ 2-0 Lucasville Valley

Post by coop »

noles_fan wrote:This should be a measuring stick game for Valley to see where they stand.
Have to go with the SOC in this one. Should be intertaining
I agree....It appears that Valley is the underdog in this one. I havent seen or heard about CG, but if fuzz and the guys say this is the best CG team in 8-10 years, I'm inclined to believe them. The thing I like about Valley (in this game particularly) is the rushing attack. The Indians have pretty good size, and strength...so I dont look for the Grovers to come in and just push them around.

Looks like it will be a game that comes down to turnovers and special teams.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

After the Burg vs CG game, the 2 keys for Valley will be
1. Contain the QB and don't over rush. There were many times when Burg had 3-4 guys in the backfield and let him slip through the line for 5-6 yards.
2. On punts and kick-offs, don't kick to #4!
I haven't seen Valley yet this year, but as others have mentioned, I have to go with the SOC in this one.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

4th n Goal wrote:After the Burg vs CG game, the 2 keys for Valley will be
1. Contain the QB and don't over rush. There were many times when Burg had 3-4 guys in the backfield and let him slip through the line for 5-6 yards.
2. On punts and kick-offs, don't kick to #4!I haven't seen Valley yet this year, but as others have mentioned, I have to go with the SOC in this one.
Game breaker huh?

schmittie32
Riding the Bench

Post by schmittie32 »

Ive seen a few teams from the SOC this year (including ironton) and IMHO valley has the best offensive line and best defensive line hands down....Valleys RB are also very solid and very deep.....Valleys main weaknesses are their passing game/extra points/secondary. If they could just get a passing game (maybe bring in Rolfe??) and sure up that secondary they would be a nightmare for any team in the SOC. Unfortunately they are a very good but incomplete team at this point in the season.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Wow! Don't know about this one should be a good one. Question is does Valley have enough other weapons on offense if the Hornets slow Nate down and does CG have enough if Valley's defense slows CG's QB down, never seen him play but had some outstanding numbers last week. Good luck to the Indians.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I think Valley needs to put this one away to stop all of the talk about if they are good enough to contend in the soc imo they have just as a good of a chance to go 10-0 as they did last year.They are going to have to play like they want it though if they stop the mistakes and turnover and they will be very tough to handle 28-14 Valley

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Here4Fun wrote:I think Valley needs to put this one away to stop all of the talk about if they are good enough to contend in the soc imo they have just as a good of a chance to go 10-0 as they did last year.They are going to have to play like they want it though if they stop the mistakes and turnover and they will be very tough to handle 28-14 Valley

I totally agree. Valley needs to and wants to make a statement. We are the defending soc champs and we are more than one year wonders. When you are so deep at rb and can run with the qb it's rough on the defense. I have never seen a defending champ be so disrespected as valley has been.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

They have a chance to on friday night....

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

If Valley beats CG I will begin to be sold on this year's edition of the Valley Indians. Go SOC !

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

watched the grove once this year. they looked good. watched valley once when they played portsmouth. sloppy sloppy game on both sides. know p-town is much better with all their starters back and dont think the injuns would have ran the ball all over the place with a healthy p-town squad.

buckeyenation8
Waterboy

Post by buckeyenation8 »

Coal Grove will definitely cause some problems for Valley and could very easily pull off the upset, however I will say that Valley will outlast the Grove at the end. I would love to see the Hornets win but I'll take the Indians.

Valley 26
Coal Grove 22

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

VALLEY BY TWO SCORES, JUST BECAUSE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! THE TRIBE HAS SHOOK THE COBWEBS OUT AFTER THE FIRST 2 WEEKS, THE WHEELS START TO ROLL ON FRIDAY NITE ;-)

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

I see Coal Groves QB/CB/returner Lol putting up major stats again. Grove by 10

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

Oh, I think Valley will run away this one. They are way too good of a team!!! I think they will win by as much as they want to. I am a Falcon fan, and Valley scares me to death!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

i dont think we have to worry about him in the return game so far we have not got the kickoff anywhere near the return men. i think what might help valley is they do not rely on just one man. so far they have had several players run the ball. they are constantly subbing in a different back.

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

Hopefully we don't have to rely on one player. Bruiser, I've read almost every one of your posts and they are all about the QB at CG. He is a good player, but the line really helps him out. He is severely undersized to play at the next level. Let's hoe he puts on 50 pounds and grows 8 inches! Lol ..... Let me get off my soap box now.

I am really excited for this game. Should be really close. I think with CGs pass and run attack they should be the favorite. That being said, Vally always plays us tough.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

go grove
Last edited by rico suave on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Here we go..... :roll:

Before we talk college prospects and individual achievements, how about we beat Valley first and then have a peeing contest about whose kid(s) is the MVP of the universe? Suffice it to say the kid is a good QB and does all he needs to and more.

Go Grove!

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

CG_ALUMNI wrote:Hopefully we don't have to rely on one player. Bruiser, I've read almost every one of your posts and they are all about the QB at CG. He is a good player, but the line really helps him out. He is severely undersized to play at the next level. Let's hoe he puts on 50 pounds and grows 8 inches! Lol ..... Let me get off my soap box now.

I am really excited for this game. Should be really close. I think with CGs pass and run attack they should be the favorite. That being said, Vally always plays us tough.
Nobody said anything about CG relying on one player theyll never get any accomplishments on just 1 player all i said was i think bare will put on another show as he did last week. I like to praise a good player when i see one and everytime i post i get a negative post from cg alumni im confused as if we are even on the same team bc ur always quick to point out the negatives.

A one man show is alot diff than a star athletes potential and play is substantial to the norm im HS football and who is it any1 place to put a judgment on if a kid can play the next level or not these kids read this stuff and when people like you put your NEGATIVE opinions on here constantly it really says something.. COME ON!!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

C'mon man! This is going to be a fun game to watch. Who cares about the side show/shows!!!! As a fan, enjoy the moment. We are already playing in the 3rd week of the season.

Return to “Football”