Waterboy

Bloom Carroll @ Vinton County

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

Thoughts?

flash
JV Team

Re: Bloom Carroll @ Vinton County

Post by flash »

Best of Luck to Bloom Carroll, and QB Josh Roach.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

What kind of offense does BC run? Anyone know anything about them?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Bloom Carroll takes this one,35-24.

formerbobcat
Waterboy

Post by formerbobcat »

Flash
Roach has been moved to RB...You will see him this week running the ball at VC...
Should be a good game. BC should get the W. Actually they should be 2-0 right now. Let the LU game get away 17-16, missed PAT's will kill you.
Good luck to both teams and looking forward to seeing the Asst Middle School Principle at VC Friday night.

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Same as last week for the Vikes ,only 8 to go. Then they will win games :idea:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

swamprat wrote:Same as last week for the Vikes ,only 8 to go. Then they will win games :idea:
Have you watched a VC game this year?

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Dont have to, Same Ole Same :idea:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

That's what I thought.

Footballfan1
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan1 »

I have watched VC. They do not control the line of scrimmage on either side. They fumble with any solid contact and skill players do not catch the ball very well. I am sure they are young and maybe next year but I would not expect them to win more than 2-3 games this year.

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Yep, same ole same ole....VC :oops:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

FOOTBALLFAN1 wrote:I have watched VC. They do not control the line of scrimmage on either side. They fumble with any solid contact and skill players do not catch the ball very well. I am sure they are young and maybe next year but I would not expect them to win more than 2-3 games this year.
Which game/scrimmage did you see?

SouthernOhioParent
Waterboy

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

VC's record may not show it, but they're very talented. Timmy Ousley is only a freshman and leads the team in tackles. Andy Long is only a sophomore QB and is very talented. He can compete with any senior QB in this area. Chase Fout is a good RB, and so is Tyler Bartoe. The Vikings are young but very talented. I'm looking for big things with these underclass men in the next few years. I believe in them.

formerbobcat
Waterboy

Post by formerbobcat »

VC does have some talented kids...BC better come ready to play or it could be a LONG trip back up 93/33 for the Bulldogs!!
I do like this game between these 2 schools...Hopefully this game will be kept on the schedule for both schools for more than the 2 yr contract they have now.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Series history..
2008 BC-39 VC-8
2009 BC-28 VC-0

The Bulldogs have beaten up VC pretty good in their only two meetings. I think this one will be a bit closer. VC is much, much better than the 08/09 teams that BC spanked. The Vikings have the ability to score, unlike in years past, and the defense is improved. It will be interesting to see how VC does against a team that runs under center. I feel like if BC plans on running the football, it will play into VC's favor. The Vikings have eaten up clock very well this year. This one could be one of those 7-6, old school, who's stronger than who, battles!

Footballfan1
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan1 »

Dundas wrote:
FOOTBALLFAN1 wrote:I have watched VC. They do not control the line of scrimmage on either side. They fumble with any solid contact and skill players do not catch the ball very well. I am sure they are young and maybe next year but I would not expect them to win more than 2-3 games this year.
Dundas, I was at the VC vs Unioto game. VC had one good series and drove down for a TD. They had 2 opportunities for big plays with receivers behind the defense but dropped both balls. The quarterback is a solid athlete and throws very well. The offensive line never established a good surge, with the exception of the one drive. As I said before, I figure they are just a young team and will be a force to be reckoned with the next year or two.

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

BC runs the spread. They will hardly ever be under center Friday night. New head coach Phil Mauro seems to be making a great impact on the program, especially on the defensive side of the football. Havent seen VC play so I really couldn't even guess on the outcome.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

strokn7 wrote:BC runs the spread. They will hardly ever be under center Friday night. New head coach Phil Mauro seems to be making a great impact on the program, especially on the defensive side of the football. Havent seen VC play so I really couldn't even guess on the outcome.
Thanks for the info! I just assumed they ran under center since they've had two low scoring games thus far. VC has seen 4 spread offenses in a row dating back to the last two scrimmages and the first two regular season games. The Vikings can pass, but they mainly try to run and eat up clock. Qb Andy Long has thrown 16 passes in each game so far and I'd expect the same, or less, if VC can get an early lead and establish the run. This should be interesting!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

FOOTBALLFAN1 wrote:
Dundas wrote:
Dundas, I was at the VC vs Unioto game. VC had one good series and drove down for a TD. They had 2 opportunities for big plays with receivers behind the defense but dropped both balls. The quarterback is a solid athlete and throws very well. The offensive line never established a good surge, with the exception of the one drive. As I said before, I figure they are just a young team and will be a force to be reckoned with the next year or two.
Noted. I will say that the Vikes played much better against Piketon. 0 lost fumbles and had 5 solid trips to the red zone against imo, a better Piketon team than Unioto. Piketon was just flat out better than VC. Against Unioto, it was big plays that killed the Vikes. I think that is a direct result of their youth. They are so young...this team may look, from the outside, as a typical VC team...but they are far from it. They have a foundation of youth that is very talented and they will win. Sooner rather than later.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nice to see some of those Vikings on the TVC-Ohio leaderboard, Dundas - such wasn't the case is previous seasons. ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Leaderboards.html

Return to “Football”