Week 3: Meigs (0-2) @ River Valley (1-1)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Week 3: Meigs (0-2) @ River Valley (1-1)

Post by fuzzhead »

Meigs will be heading south of the Meigs-Gallia line to take on their future TVC counterparts, the Raiders. Meigs has lost convincingly to the the OVC-favorite Hornets of Coal Grove and the upstart Fairland Dragons and are doubtlessly hoping that the 3rd time is a charm against the OVC.
River Valley started off 1-0 with a narrow with over Southern, but was brought back to earth with a decisive defeat at the hands of always-tough Adena. Expectations are higher than usual in Raider country and a win here could put them in a position to do something a River Valley football team hasn't done in nearly a decade: finish at .500 or better.

hardfowl
All State

Re: Week 3: Meigs (0-2) @ River Valley (1-1)

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on ESPN 97.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

headed south seems to describe the meigs football team accurately.

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Sometime Change is bad. I think Meigs will win this week!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

meigs

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs will win a tight one 27-21.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

meigs had better to do 1 of 2 things in dominant fashion pass or just pound the ball,rv had a bad 1st qtr then shut down adena the whole 2nd half until very late in mop up time. i think too many meigs mistakes cast them this game if rv secondary can stay disciplined meigs don't have enough running backs to dominate a bigger rv team also the lewis kid should be health this week he is huge on defense!

rv 20 meigs 12

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

IMO Meigs gets there first win.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Those ugly unis have some bad karma

Meigs 12
River Valley 21

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

meigs gets there first win 25 to 12

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

This game can also be heard on the Sunny 93.1 website, with live game streaming on www.sunny93.net. Richard Stephens and Jacob Gilmore on the call for the RV Raiders!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This is an interesting game to me and that's why I started the thread. Meigs has lost convincingly in both games this year, but both were against teams that shouldn't lose more than three games all year (both play tough schedules) and one of them will win the OVC and either one could see Week 11. River Valley beat a better-than-recent-years Southern team by a point, then played Adena, another team that usually wins no less than 6 or 7 games a year, tough into the 2nd half.
Meigs is worse than usual, River Valley might be better than usual. I may very well flip a coin to pick this one. If the RB from River Valley that everyone raves about on here is healthy my pick would have to be the Raiders at home.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

No comments since Tuesday?

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

Meigs 18
River Valley 6
Halftime

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Update?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Slaughtering. Left with the score 39-18 Meigs. They were inside the ten again. RV had 4 or 5 turnovers.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Final
Meigs 46
River Valley 18

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RV absolutely handed this one over. Bright spot, Kyle Brown running like a machine and freshman Dayton Hardway throwing a beautiful touchdown throw. Maybe it's time he gets more reps. I still believe he's the best option. As for Meigs, Jacob Sheets looks much improved and so poised. What do you know, he's a freshman. Meigs was the better team regardless I believe, but RV just rolled over in this one. I think they spent too much energy during all of the build up for this thing. Also, tge facility will be nice when it's actually complete. IMO SG got tHe better end of the deal and overall has a much nicer setting for their facility.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:RV absolutely handed this one over. Bright spot, Kyle Brown running like a machine and freshman Dayton Hardway throwing a beautiful touchdown throw. Maybe it's time he gets more reps. I still believe he's the best option. As for Meigs, Jacob Sheets looks much improved and so poised. What do you know, he's a freshman. Meigs was the better team regardless I believe, but RV just rolled over in this one. I think they spent too much energy during all of the build up for this thing. Also, tge facility will be nice when it's actually complete. IMO SG got tHe better end of the deal and overall has a much nicer setting for their facility.
my first time seeing the raiders this year,since the jamboree, well!
the field is fine and rv press box is 2 times as big as sg's, other than that the fields are identical?? hardway needs to be starting and most of the sr's need to be benched or take a check and see if they have a set of nuts! the de on the right side of the offense (big basketball player) lost contain about 5 times,i saw him making excuses to the coaches. kyle brown really looked good any idea how many yards he had? rv actualy was driving to tie and fumbled around the 10 and meigs looked gassed in the 2nd qtr.the one corner (sr) gives up a big play every week from what i was told?? meigs will struggkle to win 3 games rv let a chance to get a win in this series get away,what about the defense? i know the bradley kid was out lewis withdrew from RV,headded to gallia academy but he will not be able to play sports this year there. well i got up on all the gossip while i was in bidwell. same old raiders@bidwell.com

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

How big of a crowd was there

Return to “Football”