Week Five: Oak Hill (4-0) at Minford (4-0)

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Week Five: Oak Hill (4-0) at Minford (4-0)

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

What a game. Both teams had many opportunities to win and lose the game. Proud of my Falcons for hanging in there until the very end. This team has a 'never over' mentality. Both teams made a lot of mistakes in this one, but the fans sure got what they paid for.

Hats off to Oak Hill, very talented and very well coached. Fundamentally they are very strong. Once their RB's get past the first line they are very hard to bring down.

My Falcons are an exciting bunch this year. Got lots of young guys playing both ways right now. They make some young mistakes, but they make them going 100%. If they continue to learn and improve they will have a shot at the SOC II Title.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

WOW !!! WOW !!! WOW !!!!! LMAO!!! I want to congratulate BOTH TEAMS on a very hard-fought game. It is a shame that someone had to loose. Oak Hill was truly as advertised on defense. And that new coach they got is not too shabby either. Those players are so well-coached. Future looks very bright in Oak Hill, but i also see the playoffs in their very-near future (this year).

As for my Falcons, they ought to be very sore tomorrow morning, b/c the Oaks just flat hit us in the mouth. Lots of turnovers, which is never good, but I again credit the Oaks' defense. Still, the young Falcons showed a ton of heart and was simply not to be denied. All chinks in the armor needs fixed, as we are now going to enter conference play. We begin SOC 2 with those fiery West Senators @ home next Friday, so enjoy this monster win this weekend, and then get ready for West

Keep playing with heart and intensity, and good things will continue to happen.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Pround of you Oaks. There are still some teams on your schedule who think they are a whole lot better than they actually are, and that you are not as good as you are, Meet them somewhere in the middle . Keep playing tough with a chip on your shoulder. Your fan up north.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

This young football team just keeps to simply put it "finding ways to win" with excellent senior leadership might I add. This team perseveres over and over again at the face of adversity. Zach Justice, came back and had a great run down to nearly the goal line in overtime is an example of this, what mental toughness! These close wins are going to bode well for the falcons in league play and post-season run. They expect to win the nail biters, because they do not know no different, and getting behind in ball games, does not make them back down one inch. Fun team to watch!

Return to “Football”