Week 4 (4-0) Ashland Ky @ (3-0) Ironton

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 4 (4-0) Ashland Ky @ (3-0) Ironton

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's an interesting fact that I didn't know:

Ashlands QB Aaron Elams Father, John use to be the Mayor of Ironton.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

heart says Ironton head says Tomcats
Ashland-33
Ironton-20

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

to beat ashland, it's gonna take our best effort to date this year, no doubt.

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

The Tigers have yet to play against any team that had the speed Ashland will bring to the table. Noting back to the Russel game I think two kicks get ran back on us had the returner had any kind of wheels. So I am interested in seeing how the Tigers contain Massey on the edge. The overall team speed is something Ironton hasnt seen this year. Hearing alot about a freshman RB from Ashland dont know much about him is he speed or power? Not knocking the play calling in any way because there is a reason they are on the field and not me, but I would like to see Patrick get involved early and often. 2 first half carries last week, due in part to the time of poss by Gallia. Still got to find a way to get him the ball. Im taking Ironton in what many people would think a "upset" over Ashland.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

86Tiger wrote:GO TIGERS!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! BEAT THOSE TOMKITTENS!!!!
Remember "It's only Ashland"

Tomcatfan7220000
Waterboy

Post by Tomcatfan7220000 »

cant stop this wrote:The Tigers have yet to play against any team that had the speed Ashland will bring to the table. Noting back to the Russel game I think two kicks get ran back on us had the returner had any kind of wheels. So I am interested in seeing how the Tigers contain Massey on the edge. The overall team speed is something Ironton hasnt seen this year. Hearing alot about a freshman RB from Ashland dont know much about him is he speed or power? Not knocking the play calling in any way because there is a reason they are on the field and not me, but I would like to see Patrick get involved early and often. 2 first half carries last week, due in part to the time of poss by Gallia. Still got to find a way to get him the ball. Im taking Ironton in what many people would think a "upset" over Ashland.
The freshmen RB you talk of is #5 quinton baker. He has a lot of speed Ashland will put him deep with Massey to return kicks and run them both in reverses as well. Last week he had 235 yards and 3 tds against Russell. Also Massey I. The first play on a reverse 70 yards to pay dirt. Ashland also has some physical runners in evan younge and the qb Elam. The best thing about baker though is he doesn't shy from contact he is a downfield runner with a lot of quickness. He doesn't hardly ever run side to side or backwards losing yardage. Just about every play is a positive one for this kid.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

It's just Ashland.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton needs to play their best to win this game. If they arent up for this game then they will get their butts handed to them.

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

I meant to say Lewis. As far as the scheme goes, it is the same poop every year. The running game is pretty bad, but has potential. They are a better team when they throw to these kids. Galia put it to them the whole game and Ashland going to beat that ass!

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

Ironton didn't use lewis last week as much as they did white. lewis needs too get the ball at least 20 times, and he will make some big plays . I don't think white will make the plays lewis can, He's a good ball player, just not the playmaker lewis is, I think they can win if they use lewis more than they have in the past 2 games more than last week for sure.jmo. that said go tigers.

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:
StonewallJackson89 wrote:Ashland all the way! 35-12. Don't kick to number 22, he will burn you! Galia kicked it to him and that was the difference in the game. Take him out of the game and Ironton will be in some trouble. Ironton relies on this Murphy kid a lot. They also like to throw to #45 out of the back field as well as to #22. Take that away and this equals victory for Ashland.
First of all Ironton does not have a Murphy in the lineup this year...............I dont think passes to 45 and 22 should be a concern as much as the running threat they pose.....it is pretlty obvious you know very little about Ironton's offensive scheme.....
Ironton does not have a scheme. Run up the middle, run #22 outside and if that doesn't work run a screen to #45 or to #22. You act like there is something complicated about Ironton's offense. It is like watching paint dry!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Lewis is the reason Ironton beat Gallipollis.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

StonewallJackson89 wrote:l
Ironton does not have a scheme. Run up the middle, run #22 outside and if that doesn't work run a screen to #45 or to #22. You act like there is something complicated about Ironton's offense. It is like watching paint dry!
I dont think I am making anything complicated.......nothing complicated about football, u run your offense and if it works fine and if it doesnt try something different........my biggest problem watching Ironton over the years is trying to figure out whether to use a nice pretty latex paint versus a quick drying spray paint......

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Cupcake game for the Tigers.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

If Ironton can win this game, they may only need 1 more game to reach the playoffs with a 4-5 record. However, I see them with 2 more wins nearly guaranteed in Portsmouth and Oak Hill. If Ironton can win just 1 of the other 4 games (Ashland, Johnson Cent., Hartley, Watterson), that would put them at 6-3. According to Drew Pastuer's rankings/probabilities, 6 wins guarantees a playoff position.... likely as the #3 seed. 7 wins gaurantees a home game, and likely the #1 seed.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

maybe if ironton played 10 games and didnt get a bye week i would pick them
ashland by a field goal

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

duck butter wrote:maybe if ironton played 10 games and didnt get a bye week i would pick them
ashland by a field goal
What does our Week 10 bye have to do with our Week 4 game?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

duck butter wrote:maybe if ironton played 10 games and didnt get a bye week i would pick them
ashland by a field goal

And in a related story, the price of beans in China is now at 70Yen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we need to quit even talking about playoffs at this point, and the teams that people are assuming we'll lose to.we need to do the fundamentals better, blocking , tackling, and hanging onto the ball.if we do these things, and are successful at spreading the field some, and mix in some passing as well. we can win any game on our schedule. we must blitz and stunt some more in my opinion to stop the gashing runs up the middle.and we must have our corners and defensive ends stay at home and not get sucked in, and force people out of bounds , instead of turning upfield. our oline will simply have to sustain their blocks longer this week. and no silly personal fouls.high school games go by quick. only 48 minutes of actual play. we can't afford penalties against a team the caliber of ashland. make no mistakes, we are the underdogs this year. this will be a tough, hardnosed football game. and we are going to have to execute.ashland will load the box up, and force you to beat them other ways.this should be a great test for both squads.our secondary play is gonna need to be spot on friday.----------------------and younguns listen to me. you simply gotta wrap people up. i know it's sexy lookin to truck stick somebody , and knock them down.but more often than not they will stay up. you can still truck somebody and wrap up.you get those legs together they can't go anywhere.

AND REMEMBER THIS DAVID SLEW A GIANT WITH A SINGLE STONE AND A SLING. YOU MUST BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT.
WITH THAT SAID, LOOKING FOR BIG STUFF FROM YOU FIGHTING TIGERS THIS WEEK.

Return to “Football”