Freshman Team

Re: Week 4 (4-0) Ashland Ky @ (3-0) Ironton

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

nice win for the tigers

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

fightingtigers45 wrote:It's still just Ashland.
QUIT ALREADY WITH THAT GARBAGE - IRONTON WON 27 - 17, BUT ASHLAND PLAYED A GREAT GAME - THEY'RE NEVER TO BE UNDER-ESTIMATED. CONGRATS TIGERS - GOOD GME TOMCATS

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

caglewis wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:It's still just Ashland.
QUIT ALREADY WITH THAT GARBAGE - IRONTON WON 27 - 17, BUT ASHLAND PLAYED A GREAT GAME - THEY'RE NEVER TO BE UNDER-ESTIMATED. CONGRATS TIGERS - GOOD GME TOMCATS

What are you talking about? Thats part of the rivalry.

Anyway great job by the Tigers stepping it up in the 2nd half. They got to work on the defense though. The middle is weak as a kitty. Ashland was running the ball up the middle at will. Tackling has to get better also. Its a good win though.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Tigers.... Great job... tiger bait, i'll be in the area in a couple weeks, i'll look u up...upset

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

So...did any of the Ashland players take photos in front of the scoreboard post game this evening? :lol:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

When you belittle your opponents it devalues your victory - anyone ever think of that?
Ashland IS, WAS, and always WILL BE a formidable competitor and worthy opponent!!

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

caglewis wrote:When you belittle your opponents it devalues your win - anyone ever think of that?
Ashland IS, WAS, and always WILL BE a formidable competitor and worthy opponent!!
the computer points count all the same regardless. ironton teams do understand how tough ashland teams can be and they do respect them for that, but this is a rivalry, and a fairly heated one at that. it is just part of the rivalry. it doesnt change anything for the players or coaches.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I agree with caglewis, the "It's just Ashland" thing is getting old.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Great win by the Fighting Tigers. Glad I got to watch the 2nd half of this one. Listened to the postgame show on 97.1 (Ashland). Coach Hart was VERY upset with officiating and said their season starts next week with district games. Typical Kentucky approach to getting beat: doesn't matter because they still make the playoffs.... but the refs were still awful... even though it doesn't matter.... but still though... but our kids still played a great game... but "we wouldn't get those calls at home"..... PATHETIC.... Show some class Coach Hart! :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very solid effort for the fighting tigers tonight against an excellent ashland tomcat team. this was ironton's best game of the 4 we've played so far. ashland had a very fine football team, but the fighting tigers were up to the task.we still need to work on wrapping up tackles better. but much better effort tonight. i hope the olineman devin guy for ironton is okay.patrick lewis is a beast, i hope the buckeyes got their eye on this cat.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Lol Fuzzy I seem to remember getting somewhat of a raw deal last year at Ashland

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I will continue to say "It's Just Ashland" until they can beat us without taking pictures in front of the scoreboard.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to the Fighting Tigers on a great win tonight against a very good Ashland Tomcat team.

Props to Ashlands Freshmen Quinten Baker, he's going to be fun to watch the next 3 years.

Now the Tigers need to stay focused and get after the Trojans next week.

GO TIGERS........

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

86Tiger wrote:Lol Fuzzy I seem to remember getting somewhat of a raw deal last year at Ashland
I was at last years game and that was a bad officiated game.
Miss this years game since I'm in New Mexico again but a friend of mine went and said it was a good game by two very good teams and Ironton came out fired up. Said this Ironton team has a lot of heart and will only get better as the season goes and I do like the sound of that

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tigers ROARED til the end.
You should have heard it on I<3 radio. The tomcat faithful were just livid about the refs. Never heard so much screaming from grown men in years. Since I wasn't watching & only listening, It made sense when the game broadcasters mentioned the tomcats had 45+ penalties in their other 4 games combined . Lots of blocking below the knees on that one drive. That will get some yellow fabric flowing!!!
Great 2nd half tigers!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Tigers ROARED til the end.
You should have heard it on I<3 radio. The tomcat faithful were just livid about the refs. Never heard so much screaming from grown men in years. Since I wasn't watching & only listening, It made sense when the game broadcasters mentioned the tomcats had 45+ penalties in their other 4 games combined . Lots of blocking below the knees on that one drive. That will get some yellow fabric flowing!!!
Great 2nd half tigers!!!
Wow adverage over ten penalties a game and they cried foul over the officiating in this game?

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Coach Hart was yelling at our fans at halftime heading into halftime. Neverbseen a coachbdo that before. Also, never seen a high school coach punt from the opponent 30 yard line before. I think the punt went 12 yards. The man is getting 6-7 yards a play and he starts throwing the ball? Hart had no one to blame but himself. Like FT 45 said, hit worrying about pictures in front of the scoreboard and coach your team.

Ash lands kids played hard. The Elam kid took some shots and kept coming. Proud of our Tigers. Could have given up after the lead was lost but they kept coming back

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

games over on to week 5.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I was at work; listened to the game on Oldies 97.1. The pro-Ashland announcers gave the officials "down the road" severely, even saying their names were "Willy, Cheatham, & Howe". Not seeing the game, I can't agree nor disagree with them, but if they were as blatantly bad as the announcers portrayed them to be on the radio, there will be some feedback from the Ohio authorities if they see a video of the game.

Funny, those announcers chilled out when, later in the game, the officials threw some snot rags against Ironton.

As several others said above, this game will always be a great one between two old and storied programs. Here's to Ashland and Ironton playing each other as long as both schools exist!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

no 1 hart is not exactly what you would call a class act never was always a whiner ala clifford no 2 the officiating was just totally confusing all night.. the spots after penalties wha? you get called for holding and get a first and five? no3 this win was HUGE for the tigers they played fine defense!

Return to “Football”