Portsmouth to the s.o.c.

14U
S

Re: Portsmouth to the s.o.c.

Post by 14U »

RxBurgFan wrote:Trojans are short term thinkers. They forget when Portsmouth thought the SOC was a terrible conference. They burned many bridges. I can remember when they had to go to central ky to get games. I realize the seaol conf is challenging for the kids due to travel, but the "sins of the father are not easily forgotten".

Not a bad league, just small schools at the time. Ptown had no buiness in the SOC in the 50's-60's-70's-80's-90's, you could go up to 2004 if you wanted to but know ptown is smaller than most county teams and is a good fit with ptown dropping from D-II to D-IV. I never heard bad conference just ptown was to big of a school.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Portsmouth Trojans wrote:portsmouth trojans will rise again. maybe
Not to be confused with at times a dying patient will rise up to try and grasp their last breath.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Portsmouth Trojans wrote:portsmouth trojans will rise again. maybe

Curt, shouldn't you be teaching your students instead of getting on a blog site while at school????LOL

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

noles_fan wrote:
scarlet_gray wrote:. A few of the schools have no reason not to vote them in since they already play them,
it's a lot like taxes..... once they are voted in you can never get rid of them. the way it is you can play them every year and drop them anytime you want to. :mrgreen:

it's also like that old story..... why buy the cow...........?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

14U wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:Trojans are short term thinkers. They forget when Portsmouth thought the SOC was a terrible conference. They burned many bridges. I can remember when they had to go to central ky to get games. I realize the seaol conf is challenging for the kids due to travel, but the "sins of the father are not easily forgotten".

Not a bad league, just small schools at the time. Ptown had no buiness in the SOC in the 50's-60's-70's-80's-90's, you could go up to 2004 if you wanted to but know ptown is smaller than most county teams and is a good fit with ptown dropping from D-II to D-IV. I never heard bad conference just ptown was to big of a school.
Could easily happen again also. One large employer or consolidation and you have a D2 school playing in a D5 league. Consolidation is not a matter of if in this area, but when.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I was told it only takes one no vote to keep them out and with both the SOC 1 and II voting they will never get in. Maybe someone closer to it can tell us how it works and why the little SOC 1 schools have a vote since some dont even have football and would never play Portsmouth.
I don't think that SOC 1 would vote on SOC 2 members unless, it would have an affect on them.

Now, on the question of should Portsmouth be allowed to be in SOC 2?

I would NOT let Portsmouth in the SOC! Why? The answer is for two reasons.

First, many years ago Portsmouth was asked to join and they rejected the SOC with a sarcastic sneer on their face. And, now they want in to cut down on the cost of traveling to games. And, a side of they already play most of the SOC 2 anyway! Then the argument to save on travel expenses is a moot point.

Second, I just can't stand Portsmouth! The school or the city!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

blue53 wrote:
scarlet_gray wrote:A HUGE reason that Portsmouth isn't in the SOC is because some area schools do not want Portsmouth's fans at their schools. Because of the way they act and carry on on sporting events (mostly basketball)...AD's just don't want to deal with the possible conflicts that could arise from Portsmouth's fans.

Let me guess, you work for the PDT"s also. Making up stories that doesn't exist. :roll:
I think that most of the area schools don't want Portsmouth at their schools is the same reason why Portsmouth has well over 1,000 students enrolled in other school districts. They don't like the way they act and carry-on while at games or in schools. Now, that doesn't mean that all Portsmouth fans and/or students act this way...but, the ones that do--out weigh the ones that don't. So, much that even the staff at Portsmouth; past and present send their children to other districts when they live in the Portsmouth School District.

To earn respect you have to earn it ... in society! Not like a bunch of idiots.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Portsmouth Trojans wrote:
Axe N Shield wrote:To earn respect you have to earn it ... in society! Not like a bunch of idiots.
maybe we should make you king of the idiots. maybe
And no making you the KING of IDIOT'S because you are just simply the KING od IDIOT'S with your maybe's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trojanparent2012
Waterboy

Post by trojanparent2012 »

I wasn't around when any of that went on. Let me just say this; The rest of us are not responsible for the actions of a few. It happens at EVERY school. You just have some fans that need to grow up. Portsmouth is no worse than any other school. I didn't graduate from Portsmouth, and my kids at one time attended another school. I promise you that there are rude, immature, people out there every where. I don't let that cloud my judgement on the schools as a whole. There are some great, decent, people and athletes at Portsmouth who really enjoy a good ballgame with class. Best of luck to all the area teams!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

maniac66 wrote:And no making you the KING of IDIOT'S because you are just simply the KING od IDIOT'S with your maybe's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe it can cut you like a knife if the gift becomes the fire on a wire between will and what will be. maybe
Thats just rediculous!!!!!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Axe N Shield wrote:To earn respect you have to earn it ... in society! Not like a bunch of idiots.
It appears that you have the crown all polished and fitted for your sloped head Portsmouth Trojans! Lol! You are right though, I truly hate Portsmouth because of the idiots and Notre Dame for religious reasons!

I just don't know which I dislike more... I think it is you IDIOTS! Lol!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

It appears that you have the crown all polished and fitted for your sloped head Portsmouth Trojans! Lol! You are right though, I truly hate Portsmouth because of the idiots and Notre Dame for religious reasons!

I just don't know which I dislike more... I think it is you IDIOTS! Lol![/quote]

maybe william wallace is upset that a few of his descendants disappointed him in highland bend. maybe[/quote]

No, I'm not disappointed. But, you surely must be ashamed of your mixture of family that has come from the Ville! LMAO!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Axe N Shield wrote:No, I'm not disappointed. But, you surely must be ashamed of your mixture of family that has come from the Ville! LMAO!
william wallace is disappointed. you are not william wallace.

maybe a racist. maybe
Racist? No! Don't have to be that to dislike Portsmouth fans. All that money spent on a great facility that does not help students or bring in anymore students. What a waste of money...whether it was private or state funded. Still have a horrible coach and a football program that is fading fast. There are some good fans from Portsmouth but, just look at the idiots! You might find that you are being looked at now! LOL!

Portsmouth will be under state control very soon anyway and then your programs will be cut soon enough. Shame...the kids are the ones that are losing out.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Shame...the kids are the ones that are losing out. This hits the nail on the head...all the other stuff being said here does not matter......remember the kids that are at PHS now and to come and let them have a league in the area that they would be able to compete in and the fun of having bragging rights if they win and the fun of having to listen to the other guys when the lose....Clifford will be gone soon, the BOE will be gone soon and old scars should be left to heal and let the KIDS have a good, competive area league to compete..just my two cents worth....thanks for listening

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

maybe it can cut you like a knife if the gift becomes the fire on a wire between will and what will be. maybe[/quote]
Thats just rediculous!!!!![/quote]

maybe knowledge is power. maybe[/quote]
A bunch of random quotes isn't knowledge. Especially when they dont have any meaning or pertain to anything about the topic at hand. Is it you just don't any friend to talk to so you just want to hear yourself. Or does it impress you to watch that little counter go up one everytime you post something. Or maybe just maybe you have no useful information to add so you spew out all your nonsense. So get a dictionary and look up knowledge because evidently you don't have any!!!!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Last edited by starbase_318 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I say why not put them in? We play Portsmouth every year. With West, Burg, Minford, and Valley
In SOC2, it's not like Portsmouth would dominate in Football. It would be a great add for Basketball, making the SOC stronger. Heck let's make a call to Ironton and get them in also.why not
Try to make one of the toughest conferences in the State? It's how you get respect from the powers to be up north. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

It would be a good move to put Ironton and Portsmouth in the SOC2.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Westsider1993 wrote:I say why not put them in? We play Portsmouth every year. With West, Burg, Minford, and Valley
In SOC2, it's not like Portsmouth would dominate in Football. It would be a great add for Basketball, making the SOC stronger. Heck let's make a call to Ironton and get them in also.why not
Try to make one of the toughest conferences in the State? It's how you get respect from the powers to be up north. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.
It's how Portsmouth would gain respect! You need the SOC they don't need Portsmouth! And it's killing the Trojans that the SOC just doesn't bow to your beacon calls! I think Ironton should be brought in before Portsmouth!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

What's to be gained by having either school in the SOC? Style points doesn't get you anywhere. If county teams think they can CONSISTENTLY knock off the Tiger's put them on the schedule. Let me know how that works out for you. Quite frankly, I'm surprised the Falcon's don't have the Tiger's on their schedule, considering they are one of the largest schools in the league. I've been a strong advocate of Portsmouth but after the BS coming from the field house and so called district leaders this year, they can carry their butts elsewhere. They can secede from the county and state as far as I'm concerned. What a travesty for the young men who have given their all!!

Return to “Football”