Week 4: Portsmouth @ Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Week 4: Portsmouth @ Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford coming off a hard fought win over a good Piketon team. They really dug deep and played with tons of heart for a big win on the road. Minford defended the pass pretty well not giving up any big plays against a balanced Piketon squad.

Portsmouth coming off what seems to be a really ugly loss at Burg. Seems they have issues with fundamental football and moving the ball in general.

Minford has speed and they will play physical. I know Portsmouth matches their speed, but not sure if Portsmouth can stop Minford's offense and play physical up front.

There should be no love lost for this game.

Thoughts?

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 4: Portsmouth @ Minford

Post by coop »

Obviously I havent seen either team play, but from what I read in game updates and threads...it seems that Portsmouth doesnt do the fundamental things well, and Minford does.

Falcons 34
Trojans 20

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I am rooting for my Falcons in this game. Both teams have been making silly mistakes and having some costly penalties, but Minford gets this win with their physical offense.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

PHS stats

Rushing
Johnny Charles 33 Carries , 210 Yards , 2 Td's
Darion Robinson 26 Carries , 140 Yards , 2 Td's
Austin Hollins 4 Carries , 26 Yards , 0 Td's
Alex Dickerson 6 Carries , 26 Yards , 0 Td's
Zach Delotell 4 Carries , 21 Yards , 0 Td's
Austin Rideout 4 Carries , 17 Yards , 1 Td's
Brandon Wederbrook 18 Carries , 13 Yards , 0 Td's
Sky Oliver 2 Carries , 12 Yards , 0 Td;s
L.A. Kerns 1 Carry , 4 Yards , 0 Td's
Jacob Albrecht 4 Carries , 3 Yards , 0 Td's

Passing
Brandon Wederbrook 29 of 48(60.4%), 414 Yards , 3 Td's , 1 Int's

Receiving
Darion Robinson 10 Catches , 206 Yards , 3 Td's
Alex Dickerson 10 Catches , 94 Yards , 0 Td's
Jacob Albrecht 3 Catches , 49 Yards , 0 Td's
Johnny Charles 3 Catches , 49 Yards , 0 Td's
Khalil Lattimore 3 Catches , 11 Yards , 0 Td's
Ethan Blackburn 1 Catch , 8 Yards , 0 Td's

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

This will be another test for minford now that portsmouth has been beaten by Valley and burg to see somewhat where they stand anything can happen on any given night but portsmouth will be there to play. If minford does not win this game they will struggle with Valley and Burg...imo

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

I think this will be a good game. Portsmouth will be hungry, and ready to play. But I think my Falcons will pull this one out. I think that win last night really opened our kids eyes. They seen what they have to do to win, in a very close game. That was something that we didn't have last year. It was nice seeing Seniors step up and make some big plays.

But I think this will be close, my Falcons better play even better than they did last night. And keep the Yellow Flags in the Ref's pockets!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

How many times have Ports and Minford played and whats the records?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford will be focused after their win. The coaching staff will have them ready to play.

I wonder if the loss Friday night was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak for Portsmouth. Will they throw in the towel or come out fighting? Seems many have lost all hope in the staff in P-town.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

minford is a good team both teams run the wing t so whoever has better lineplay im going with so im with minford

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Minford by two or three Tds.

To the Minford fans. I now know what you went through last season, to have high hopes about your team and seems like nothing goes right it really stinks but you have recovered very nicely. Good luck to the falcons see ya in a few weeks.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I go with Minford by 2 TDs.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Portsmouth had 210 total yards against Burg and about half of those came on their only scoring drive with their starters against our JV. I would guess Minford will dominate this game and win by 2+ scores.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Minford 35-13

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

could get ugly early

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Portsmouth will click in this game

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Same problems as logan!

Minford 28
P-Town 14

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I wouldn't be suprised to see Portsmouth win this game. They have a mental block against Wheelersburg. This isn't Wheelersburg.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Tobias wrote:
NewEra wrote:Yeah although you beat a very good 2000 squad, Minford has not played the Trojans since Brent Daniels took over as Head Coach, an era that has included 4 trips to the playoffs in 5 seasons. The Bob Ashley train wreck well, don't put much stock in that, and many of us Falcon fans would like to forget about those years.
It will be interesting. I remember that Ted Newsome was the first coach at Portsmouth to ever lose an athletic event to Clay.

Clifford could be the first head varsity football coach at Portsmouth HS to lose to Minford. (I am aware that he is 6-0 against them and no other games have been played between the two teams.)
didn't the little county school of the mighty minford falcons beat a good portsmouth squad in basketball in the early 50's ??

i think Ed Hall was minford's coach and i don't know if Heller was at portsmouth then or not.

i read where minford had some good boys back then like dan gilbert and jim gilbert and ron corriel, maybe claude lambert, etc.

if i remember what i read correctly, minford play an extremely slow-down game for the win.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

KVDW wrote:
Tobias wrote:
NewEra wrote:Yeah although you beat a very good 2000 squad, Minford has not played the Trojans since Brent Daniels took over as Head Coach, an era that has included 4 trips to the playoffs in 5 seasons. The Bob Ashley train wreck well, don't put much stock in that, and many of us Falcon fans would like to forget about those years.
It will be interesting. I remember that Ted Newsome was the first coach at Portsmouth to ever lose an athletic event to Clay.

Clifford could be the first head varsity football coach at Portsmouth HS to lose to Minford. (I am aware that he is 6-0 against them and no other games have been played between the two teams.)
didn't the little county school of the mighty minford falcons beat a good portsmouth squad in basketball in the early 50's ??

i think Ed Hall was minford's coach and i don't know if Heller was at portsmouth then or not.

i read where minford had some good boys back then like dan gilbert and jim gilbert and ron corriel, maybe claude lambert, etc.

if i remember what i read correctly, minford play an extremely slow-down game for the win.
I think for the sake of this thread he is meaning that Portsmouth has just beaten Minford in every football contest, because I know that my senior year(2005) we beat the Trojans on their home floor in basketball, and I am certain that Coach Copley's 2007 ball club did the same.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

If my Falcons prepare well, they can win this game. If there are continued penalties and turnovers this may turn into a dogfight. Minford should be excited to have a chance at being the first team to beat Portsmouth in the history of Minford Football. I know Portsmouth is not near what it was, but anytime you have a chance to beat someone for the first time ever you should be fired up.

Return to “Football”