S

Re: Week 4: Portsmouth @ Minford

Post by PTrojan59 »

Go Trojans !

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

Yeah here we go, can't wait!!! I think this is going to be a good test for my Falcons. I hope we are able to put up some big numbers with the O-fense. And I hope our D-fense is up to the test!!!

Good Luck to both teams, and stay safe!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

If the Falcons can prevent the big plays, or at least answer after P-town hits a big play, then I look for Minford to win by multiple scores.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

27/14 Minford?????????

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

34-14 Falcons!

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

falcons win at home

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford 41-14 Final.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Portsmouth had no answer for Minford's running game. I believe Carter ran for 170+ yards, Justice went over 100 and Berry went for close to 100 yards. Great job to the Minford offensive line. They opened big holes all night.

Portsmouth had good speed and I was impressed by #55 at LB for Portsmouth. He had a good game on defense.

Lastly, people can talk all they want about Portsmouth and their coaching. I can tell you that I witnessed their coach firsthand deal with an issue that happened during the game and they guy is a heck of a coach when dealing with kids. They are young, may not be winning, but there is something to be said for a coach that influences kids in a positive way and doesnt turn a blind eye when a kid makes a poor decision and sets the tone.

Good luck to the Trojans the rest of the way. I hope the kids that got injured for Portsmouth recover quick.

Now on to the Oaks!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Congrads to Minford and their first win in school history over PHS. Must say it was with with authority! 41-14 Go Red!!

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Wow. A thoroughly dominating performance by the falcons tonight. I thought p-town was going to stay with them judging by the first qrt but they had no answer for the minfordfalcons running attack. Good job Falcons!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Bleeding Red, good to hear something positive about Ptown Coach. Nice. Congrats on the win Minford!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

urban buck wrote:Bleeding Red, good to hear something positive about Ptown Coach. Nice. Congrats on the win Minford!
I dont want to go into any details, but I was really impressed in how he handled a situation. I will say that it was very classy on his part. He definitely coaches the kids that there is a right way to win, and lose.

Clifford has been a staple at Portsmouth for a long long time. He has had success. Portsmouth people can make their own determination on his fate, but I will say that he is a class act. The situation he took care of could have easily been overlooked by a number of high school coaches.

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

Boy, what a game. We had two teams come out and play the way football is supposed to be played. Hats off to the Trojans, the kids really played hard, and gave us all we wanted for two quarters. They have alot of speed, and size. But they are young, and that was the big difference in the game. I think they will just get better through out the year. Best of luck to the Trojans!!!

As for my Falcons, what a game!!! The O-fense line should get the game ball in this one. They opened some huge holes, and really looked good blocking down field. The rushing was un-stoppable, #28, #21, #11, and #3 are some of the hardest running backs, I have ever seen. They have super speed, and they all run so hard!!! Like I said, the line was great tonight, but the backs got alot of it on their own. And I thought #4 did a good job tonight, he handled himself real well. He took some shots, but he did not quit.

Well I am glad to get the "W" tonight. And here we go, Bring on them Oaks!!! This is the way it is supposed to be, two undefeated teams going at it. Let the Trash Talking Begin!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Proud of the Minford Falcons. The first half was an offensive explosion by both teams, but I think Minford was just too much for the Trojans. Minford accumulated over 400 yards on the night. Now with Minford at 4-0 and with Oak Hill winning tonight, makes them 4-0. Its a battle of the unbeatens next Friday night in Minford.
Can't wait. Go Falcons!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

chicken_coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Well its finally gameday!

Is Portsmouth physical enough up front to stop Minford's running game ? NO. Can their secondary make open field tackles and defend the pass? NO.

Can Minford keep Portsmouth's speed and athletes at bay and contain the speed? YES. Will Minford's defensive interior stop Charles from picking up yards and moving the sticks? YES

We will find out soon enough!

Good luck both teams on a hard fought, injury free game tonight!
40-18 Falcons
My younger brother Coop darn-near hit the nail on the head!!!!! Not bad for a guy living 4 hours away!!!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Huey wrote: Well I am glad to get the "W" tonight. And here we go, Bring on them Oaks!!! This is the way it is supposed to be, two undefeated teams going at it. Let the Trash Talking Begin!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!
Big points game at the half-way point of the season! I'm taking the Falcons by 2+ scores!! I just think Minford's ground game will be too much for the Oaks!! Let's go SOC II!!!!

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

Just want to say, even though, I know it is none of my business. I could not believe how few of fans Portsmouth had show up tonight. I know they are having a bad year, but I always thought they had more football followers than that. I know by reading this thread, that the people in Portsmouth are not happy, but it's not the kids fault. Those kids really played hard tonight, and they will get better. And I know that some people are real upset with the Coaching down there. But just to let you know, alot of us outsiders really have alot of "Respect" for your head Coach. I, like Red, think he is a Class Act, and wish him, and the Trojans the best of Luck, the rest of the year!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jesco White wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Well its finally gameday!

Is Portsmouth physical enough up front to stop Minford's running game ? NO. Can their secondary make open field tackles and defend the pass? NO.

Can Minford keep Portsmouth's speed and athletes at bay and contain the speed? YES. Will Minford's defensive interior stop Charles from picking up yards and moving the sticks? YES

We will find out soon enough!

Good luck both teams on a hard fought, injury free game tonight!
40-18 Falcons
My younger brother Coop darn-near hit the nail on the head!!!!! Not bad for a guy living 4 hours away!!!!!
You know it my brother!! CLOSE!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Good win for my Falcons tonight. Run game was just too physical for the trojans. I'll give Portsmouth credit, they came out and fought hard the first half, really gave Minford a game. In the end they just had no answer for the strength in the trenches.

Portsmouths biggest problem isn't coaching, it's lack of time in the weightroom in the off-season. They were physically dominated all over the field.

One thing Minford needs to get fixed is the zero or negative yardage plays. Too many times they lost yards or were stopped at the line, won't be able to get away with that when the SOC II rolls around.

On_the_sidelines
Waterboy

Post by On_the_sidelines »

It wouldn't have mattered too much defensively but it definately hurt portsmouth when they lost 75% of their offense on one drive which ended with them making it 14-14. No amount of coaching can account for losing your number 1 and 2 offensive threats.

Return to “Football”