Week 4: Wheelersburg (2-1) @ Fairland (2-1)

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Re: Week 4: Wheelersburg (2-1) @ Fairland (2-1)

Post by NTHZONE »

Burg escaped the Grove BARELY , I think this will be a very close game Fairland is better than the Grove .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

www.burgfan.com will be there to cover game live. be on net about 7:20

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

NTHZONE wrote:Burg escaped the Grove BARELY , I think this will be a very close game Fairland is better than the Grove .

It appears Fairland is struggling mightily against the Pirates. 28-0 in the 2nd

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

It's actually 35-0 now and the Burg is dominating on both sides of the ball.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:We are the pirates BOLD from wheelersburg. We are the Orange and the Black. We're gonna fight for dear old wheelersburg, and our foes will never ever fight us back. And pretty soon we'll start the score to roll. We're gonna put that ball right in the goal. We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg. Rah Rah Rah. FIGHT!!!!
The boys and girls of FAIRLAND fall in line,
For we are out to win another time.
We're not afraid to work as all can tell,
And for our dear old school we'll yell, 'n yell, 'n yell!
And we will FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT for victory,
And raise our banners high so all can see,
Our school is good enough for you and me, FAIRLAND HIGH!
RAH! RAH! RAH!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

NTHZONE wrote:Burg escaped the Grove BARELY , I think this will be a very close game Fairland is better than the Grove .
really

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

burg just getting practice in for yet another gold ball

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

42-7 Wheelersburg

Final

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

total domination

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Sounds like Wheelersburg came to play this evening. Congrats to the Pirates for the win tonight! I'm anxious to see what the final stats were. Enjoy the win tonight and start getting prepared to go against a very tough Jackson team next Friday.

Dragons, keep up the hard work and you will win some football games.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

piratepride05 wrote:42-7 Wheelersburg

Final
Now that’s REAL Scioto Co. football!! WOW!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Just wondering if the folks who were asking about the OVC-SOC comparisons being more balanced after Fairland beat West are still curious? Since that time, Coal Grove has lost to Burg and Valley, while Fairland just got throttled by the Pirates, Peake just got throttled by Valley....and there's more to come. No disrespect to the kids that are busting their butts in practice all week long and giving it their all on Friday nights, but to the adults who should know better............C'MON MAN!!!!!!! :shock:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jesco White wrote:Just wondering if the folks who were asking about the OVC-SOC comparisons being more balanced after Fairland beat West are still curious? Since that time, Coal Grove has lost to Burg and Valley, while Fairland just got throttled by the Pirates, Peake just got throttled by Valley....and there's more to come. No disrespect to the kids that are busting their butts in practice all week long and giving it their all on Friday nights, but to the adults who should know better............C'MON MAN!!!!!!! :shock:
;-)

The SOC II is a different kind of monster this year. Burg, Valley and Minford are all very solid and to top it off.....all 3 are really young. They will all be even better next year.

Its been many moons ago since the OVC was a solid conference and competitive with the SOC II.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Just wondering if the folks who were asking about the OVC-SOC comparisons being more balanced after Fairland beat West are still curious? Since that time, Coal Grove has lost to Burg and Valley, while Fairland just got throttled by the Pirates, Peake just got throttled by Valley....and there's more to come. No disrespect to the kids that are busting their butts in practice all week long and giving it their all on Friday nights, but to the adults who should know better............C'MON MAN!!!!!!! :shock:
;-)

The SOC II is a different kind of monster this year. Burg, Valley and Minford are all very solid and to top it off.....all 3 are really young. They will all be even better next year.

Its been many moons ago since the OVC was a solid conference and competitive with the SOC II.

Maybe I'm the lone ranger here but I still believe the Siders will step it up in league play. They may not contend but they can sure help determine the outcome.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

starbase_318 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
;-)

Maybe I'm the lone ranger here but I still believe the Siders will step it up in league play. They may not contend but they can sure help determine the outcome.
I agree. I dont think anyone in the SOC II will take the Siders lightly. Triplett is a heck of a coach and he will find a way to compete. With the win tonight West has some confidence to build on.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

starbase_318 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
;-)

Any team that lost to ptown this year wil not make noise in SOC play. Too much to fix IMO

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Fairland was exposed last week and now it is official. They scare nobody. Even bigger loss coming next week against Hartley! :shock:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Bleeding Red,

I literally just got finished saying the exact same thing to my son's not even 5 minutes ago about the youth at Burg, Minford and Valley! The 3 of them should BE just as quality if not better next year, barring injuries or any other unforeseen circumstances. I also have to agree with Spamony! Starbase, ole friend, we usually agree 100%, but I just can't see West being a factor this year down the stretch, although I've certainly seen stranger things happen with the way our league rivalries can bring out the best in some underdogs annually. But, I really view this year and likely next year as a 3-horse race to the league crown title between Burg, Minford and Valley! I'm really looking forward to the second half of the season and I'm hoping to have 3 SOC II playoff teams to follow! 8)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jesco White wrote:Bleeding Red,

I literally just got finished saying the exact same thing to my son's not even 5 minutes ago about the youth at Burg, Minford and Valley! The 3 of them should BE just as quality if not better next year, barring injuries or any other unforeseen circumstances. I also have to agree with Spamony! Starbase, ole friend, we usually agree 100%, but I just can't see West being a factor this year down the stretch, although I've certainly seen stranger things happen with the way our league rivalries can bring out the best in some underdogs annually. But, I really view this year and likely next year as a 3-horse race to the league crown title between Burg, Minford and Valley! I'm really looking forward to the second half of the season and I'm hoping to have 3 SOC II playoff teams to follow! 8)
Minford starts 3 seniors on offense and 2 on defense. Not sure about Valley and Burg, but I know that all 3 have alot of talent at the Jr. and Soph. levels.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Jesco White wrote:
I also have to agree with Spamony! Starbase, ole friend, we usually agree 100%, but I just can't see West being a factor this year down the stretch, although I've certainly seen stranger things happen with the way our league rivalries can bring out the best in some underdogs annually.
It will be interesting come league play! Is the problem at West Xs and Os or is it the same problem Valley experienced after losing in the regional finals a few years ago? I'm having a tough time figuring out how a team was mentioned as one of the top dowgs in the league and now aren't considered a top 3 or 4 team. I know some consistently overhype their team but many on the outside looking in had them as a strong contender. Team chemistry?? I certainly place great value in your posts so I will take at face value what you wrote. I would still take the Sider's 9-10 games played against Ptown this year. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”