Week 4: Nelsonville-York (1-2) @ River Valley (1-2)

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Week 4: Nelsonville-York (1-2) @ River Valley (1-2)

Post by BlizzardMan »

KarlAgathon wrote:Blizz,

Thank you for your on-going support of River Valley athletics.

-- Dan Polcyn II
Sarcasm at it's finest. Dan I respect you and definitely think you offer a lot to tge staff at RV, but believe it or not, I am an RV supporter. Just because someone puts out what they think the problem is for underachievement and is not happy with losing doesn't mean I don't support them. This is another problem at RV.Nobody can say anything about what's going on.otherwise you don't support them. That's crap. I speak out because I care. I get so sick of how many of RV followers think that we should all just shut up and blindly go about our business of saying"it's ok, we played hard." It's not ok anymore. tgis team truly could have won six games this year. I do still see them winning three, but that is not a good season. I really don't want my Alma mater to succeed Dan. I'm frustrated like anyone else, and it's time for us all to take resoonsibilty as players, coaches, and even fans and truly show these boys than can be winners. I think tge coaching staff is sufficient. You guys are very decorated. However, being on a video game doesn't entitle you to wins. Coach new he had to change the culture when he took that job, and I believe he's trying. However, it's not translating into growth at all. I'm just looking forward to when these freshmen are juniors. If they keep a good attitude, they should be a great group. However, tge old culture has to Ve left behind NOW. I really do think the staff is the right one moving forward.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

looks like rv coaches have alot in common with wellston staff and coaches :lol: :lol: they both have their heads up their A$@

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Karl Agathon,

You guys keep doing your thing, and the rest will work itself out. I have faith in what you guys are teaching out at RV. Good luck with Alexander.

As talented as the freshman class appears, it's still awfully hard to ask them to outperform people that are up to three years older and maturer than them.

Given the overall history, RV should be so lucky to have 6-7 former college football players on its staff. Why would you want to change that?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I didn't say I wanted to change that. But hypothetically, does being a college player automatically translate into being a good coach? I do think the coaching staff looks good on paper and can do great things in the future, but if the players aren't reached, their football past as players doesn't amount to anything coaching wise. RV is very lucky to have these guys, but that's why we can't accept the same old thing from the players. Dubya,do you know how to comprehend what you read? I'm just thinking maybe talking up credentials as a player is not really what a coach should do.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

BlizzardMan wrote:Dubya,do you know how to comprehend what you read?
I am more than fluent in the ability to comprehend what I read, and what I say.

Are you capable of comprehending that your personal thoughts perhaps don't belong on a public forum?

Does having a fictitious user name on a blog give you more insight into the RV program than the people putting in the time with these kids every day?

Want to change the culture, lose the negativity. You know, like getting on SEOPS and complaining about things four weeks in. Honestly, what will this solve?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

A lot of people on here already know who I am. My personal thoughts don't belong. Isn't that the purpose of a forum? Whatever man. I'll give you what you want. Everything is great. Keep playing hard Raiders. You will turn it around some day. Are you an RV alum bdubya? Do you know how frustrating it is to see the same crap going on that was going on when you had that uniform on? No accountability being taken. I'll say this is mostly on the players who should be a lot more crisp and executing better by now. Four weeks is almost half of the season. When do we start analyzing what's wrong? Week 9? Look man as long as people think like you, nothing is going to change for RV. That burns me up because I will always be a Raider. These coah\ches, and players, are big boys and old enough to take criticism. You can say I'm stupid and wrong all you want. I think I'm dead on, and deep down, I think you believe it too. But it is just easier to say that I'm an evil person who is just bashing the program. I'm trying to talk real talk. I'll never forget the '03 season. We strung off five wins to start the season. We were riding so high. The problem was, we hadn't really beat anybody good, except for one team. That was the eventual TVC champion Nelsonville-York Buckeyes. To this day, I believe that was the best game any Raider team has ever played. I have went to RV games since the school opened. I was also part of them for four seasons. Anyway, the other four games we won were a weak Southeastern team, a young and down Meigs squad, a very young and small Alexander team and a Southern team that hadn't won a game in two seasons. Then, OVC play started. We were overconfident and the only league game we got that year was against a weak Coal Grove team (only time I remember them being weak but Lucas was not there). The point is, those non-league games meant nothing after that. I continue to see this happen time and time again. Winning three scrimmages is good to an extent, but it surely doesn't mean you've accomplished anything meaningful. That was the attitude going into the first game this season. That not settling for anything less than perfection attitude is not there. On Remember the Titans, Coach Boone demanded perfection. This is how it really has to be. Does that mean you expect to get it all the time? No. But you expect your boys to strive for it. Always improve. I see that in this younger group. Why not play some of them now? I guarantee, you put a young hungry player in a big spot, you are going to get his best. Tha's more than what some of these boys are giving. Every player on that team needs to play with that chip on their shoulder.

As for Sparling, I do think he has the potential to be an outstanding coach. In the position he is now, what he did as a player essentially isn't really important. What he is going to do as a Coach is. If a guy who didn't play in college can produce results better, isn't he a better Coach? Again, I think Coach Sparling's wealth of knowledge and experiences can allow him to be a good Coac and he can be the right guy for RV. But just because you played at a D-I school doesn't mean you are going to set the world on fire as a Coach. Again, I do believe in Sparling, but I think humility will go a long way. I feel that he is becoming more humble after these first four games. As I said before say what you want, but I'm keeping it real. I don't have to be nice and cheery to be considered a Raider. I'm fed up with being less than what we should be. Set the politics and "oh well" statements aside and get to work.

I will say you are right. Ranting won't solve anything. The attitude will still be there tomorrow.

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

I think river valley is on the right track. I think they are still a year or two away from getting the program turned around. The times i have heard the coach speak and the few boys i have been around i think coach has shown humility and i have heard him say more then once over various situations that a lot of things is the coaching staffs fault that they have to do a better job at this or that.

River valley needs to learn how to win. They need to learn how to do it for 48 minutes on the football field and they have to understand that is the easy part. The hard part is all the off season stuff. From what i have scene and heard it seems to me like the staff could make a few changes that might help them win a few more games this year. But what you have to consider is it best for the long run of the program.

One of those things is i happen to know a parent of a very talented young raider and his and friends think he deserves varsity playing time or more playing time so do most of the parents. But when i talk to this boys dad he hopes he doesn't get it. Why you ask. His dad says he is relying on his natural athletic ability and hasn't learned to work on every play.

he says in practices and games a like you can see he takes plays off. Is that really behavior that you want to reward, that is supposed to be the culture you are trying to change. I don't think there is anything wrong with complaining or wanting to see change or stating your opinion on here. But remember players read these forums do you really need anything else to undermine a players confidence and trust in his coach.

Disagreeing with coaching dissensions is not undermining a coach. Calling him inept is. Hope River Valley continues to improve and becomes a winning program soon.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Great post seoal83. I hope it didn't come off as me calling tge coach inept because I don't tgink he is. I also made a point to say I see that humility now. The thing is, I think from an x's and o's standpoint he is excellent. It's things like giving a player who only played half a season the all-league nod over those who actually worked all summer that I disagree with. The story about the meeting is true. It rubbed me the wrong way. You say a couple years, but I tgink the turn around should have started with this team. They are not where they should be. However, I think Coach Sparling has produced winning gameplans each week, although it's hard to say last night because they wee just so overmatched. If executed, the Raiders could have won. You hit the nail on the head by saying they need to learn how to win. All tge offseason stuff is true. Also, a winning attitude involves celebrating a W for a moment, thrn getting back to work. Dwelling on a win is just as toxic as dwelling on a loss.

Buckeye Backer
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Backer »

Glad to see the Bucks stay on the winning side of the ball. It's amazing what a couple of players can do for the confidence of a team. Young and North have added a lot to the team. Young took over at the QB position which had been dismal and has become a dual running/passing threat. North is really hitting his stride as well. Good job men! With Logan next week, then the league schedule you will all still need to improve every week. Our wins have come against teams that are a little weaker. Let's see these impressive outcomes against the stronger teams too. It was good to see the JV get a lot of playing time too. That will help us tremendously next year. I think it hurt us at QB this year, since Dean took the vast majority of snaps last year. Hopefully, since Young is a senior, we can groom someone to take over next year.

Thanks for a good night of football!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

SNOWFLAKE BOY,
Post after post you are explaining what these coaches are doing wrong..
BUT post after post you are mixing up the G and H keys. It's THE spelled T- H- E not T -G -E!!!!!!!!!!!
You're asking these players and coaches to do something that you can't even do EXECUTE without mistakes!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

NYBUX wrote:SNOWFLAKE BOY,
BUT post after post you are mixing up the G and H keys. It's THE spelled T- H- E not T -G -E!!!!!!!!!!!
You're asking these players and coaches to do something that you can't even do EXECUTE without mistakes!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah that's a good one. Three green laughing faces! Man that's awesome. You must be rolling on THE floor with laughter! Crap happens. It's hard posting on an iPhone and my keys are kind of screwed up. I guess if that was the shining moment of your apparently lame day, then I'm glad you got to have a good laugh.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

BlizzardMan wrote:
NYBUX wrote:SNOWFLAKE BOY,
Yeah that's a good one. Three green laughing faces! Man that's awesome. You must be rolling on THE floor with laughter! Crap happens. It's hard posting on an iPhone and my keys are kind of screwed up. I guess if that was the shining moment of your apparently lame day, then I'm glad you got to have a good laugh.
Speaking of "LAME DAYS" YOU sure had a whopper!!!!!!!!!
I guess "crap" only happens to you.
Then the excuses "It's hard posting on an iPhone and my keys are kind of screwed up." WHH :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 AAAAAAAAAA.
Nope not rolling on the floor with laughter,,,
BUT I SURE AM GRINNING :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ok. I'll be sure to execute better next time. I actually had a great day thank you. My wife and kids are great.

RValumni
Waterboy

Post by RValumni »

To blizzard man

I am also a RV grad, and I must say that I'm very proud to be a raider. And even more this year. I think it's amazing how someone like you, which sounds like you are an employee and fellow staff member of these guys, can call them such words as "arrogant". Let's think about this... Why wouldn't a coach want to let his players know that he played in college? Or was on a video game? I think as a player that would make them more enthusiastic to play. (which was probably the purpose). These coaches dont "brag" about themselves. And you're right, just because someone played in college first mean they are qualified to coach. Let's get this straight here... Wilcoxen- has coached in The OVC before. Winters has experience. And Sparling has coached in HS and DIv 2 college. So before you go making accusations, let's do a little research. Open up a program at the game... Or do you even attend?
It takes time to turn a program around. The staff at river valley now has the education, experience, and will to do so. Respect. It's what the players give to the coaches, and the coaches to players. Its been a VERY long time since I've seen that in this school system. So before you go slamming again, realize that these coaches care. Care about winning, the game, but mostly about the boys and their future. Theyre not just trying to create a good football team, the goal is to create men that can handle themselves in the real world.
My advice to you... Grow up. And dont slander your former school, students, or staff members. It only reminds all of us why this program was failing to begin with-doubters like you with no faith in rebuilding anything. Thanks!
RV!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

SNOWFLAKE BOY,

So,,, in a PM you call me a "DOUCHE" and a "MORON" that tells me just how much of a class act you are....

Let me ask you something,, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE PROGRAM?????
I know how much time it takes to line a football field, did you help with that??? Did you go to the coaches and say "I know you have a lot on your plate is there something that I can do to help???" How about the youth program or the Jr.-High, did YOU ask those coaches the same??? To have a successful program it must start at the feeder programs. The basics should have been taught there, and at the High School level the coaches should be motivating, strength building, and fine tuning. It takes the COMMUNITY as a whole, parents, coaches, student body, fans, and administration working together.
I am not , never have been or will be a coach, but I do realize and appreciate what they do. You mentioned that you had a great day with your wife and kids,, I bet the coaches were busy watching films and preparing for next week. During the season time with family is a luxury that they don't often have.

So,, you keep up the good work creating controversy, and the program can continue just as it is.........................

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Even if I've done nothing else to help, I helped pay for the new facility. Regardless, I'm ready to jist move on. This thread has gone of course. Bottom line is, this is a forum. Tge problem isn't tge people who bring up what tge issues may be, it's when we settle for tge same things that drag us down. I do think that tge coaching staff knows what to do to turn it around, and tge issues I brought up with them I believe are not issues anymore, as I have already said. Hopefully everything will be fine. I will continue to post good and bad. I think a win against Alex will go a long way, so let's hope it happens.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

BlizzardMan wrote:Even if I've done nothing else to help, I helped pay for the new facility. Regardless, I'm ready to jist move on. This thread has gone of course. Bottom line is, this is a forum. Tge problem isn't tge people who bring up what tge issues may be, it's when we settle for tge same things that drag us down. I do think that tge coaching staff knows what to do to turn it around, and tge issues I brought up with them I believe are not issues anymore, as I have already said. Hopefully everything will be fine. I will continue to post good and bad. I think a win against Alex will go a long way, so let's hope it happens.

As I started, I too shall end

IT'S,,, THE,,, SPELLED,,, T-H-E ,,, NOT ,,, TGE

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Yeah I'm starting to get annoyed with myself.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Let. This. Thread. Die.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I hereby declare this thread deceased!!!!

Return to “Football”