Week 5: Nelsonville-York @ Logan

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 5: Nelsonville-York @ Logan

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Did Boston really say earlier this week the only good thing in logan is the band? As far as the logan crowd I couldn't see it from the road side but don't doubt a bit it was low,been that way for awhile now since they moved into that new stadium,only time its packed is when lancaster comes to town for that first game.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Did Boston really say earlier this week the only good thing in logan is the band? As far as the logan crowd I couldn't see it from the road side but don't doubt a bit it was low,been that way for awhile now since they moved into that new stadium,only time its packed is when lancaster comes to town for that first game.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Amazed to learn tonight that NY has beaten teams with a combined 1 win. Thought this Logan game would be more competitive than this.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:
If Coach Boston said this I would like to see/hear where he did. I read the Blab and listened to the Air Blab and didn't hear this.

Sounds like the Bucks have put things together after an 0 and 2 start. The Athens game just might be a dandy.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

What an embarrssing loss, I feel for the young men on this team Because they have poor leadership and no one to teach them Dicpline and the correct way to play the game. As a supporter, taxpayer of this school system I callling for all people unhappy with the direction of this program to call the school board and the Suptendent and demand a change!

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

buckeye_nut wrote:NOONE picked the Buckeyes to win by this margin. Logan quit!!! thats all there is to it. Coaching is horible, those Logan players just wanted to get off the field in the first half, and on fourth down, Logan calls a timeout....are you kidding me, came back out, threw an incomplete pass and gave the Bucks the ball back........As for #62, Calib Branson, cheap shot after cheap shot!!!! Wouldnt have him on my team, dont care what kind of athelete he is.......Good Job Buckeyes!!!!!....Logan, you have problems!!!!
Shouldnt call out highschool kids names on a forum.....imo..... And i didnt see any of the cheapshots your talking of, if he did do it should be disciplined, but im saying I didnt see any at all, there was shoving and pushing around after each play was over by both sides i did see that

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

BOBCATS77 wrote:
buckeye_nut wrote:NOONE picked the Buckeyes to win by this margin. Logan quit!!! thats all there is to it. Coaching is horible, those Logan players just wanted to get off the field in the first half, and on fourth down, Logan calls a timeout....are you kidding me, came back out, threw an incomplete pass and gave the Bucks the ball back........As for #62, Calib Branson, cheap shot after cheap shot!!!! Wouldnt have him on my team, dont care what kind of athelete he is.......Good Job Buckeyes!!!!!....Logan, you have problems!!!!
Shouldnt call out highschool kids names on a forum.....imo..... And i didnt see any of the cheapshots your talking of, if he did do it should be disciplined, but im saying I didnt see any at all, there was shoving and pushing around after each play was over by both sides i did see that
Guy's not the young mens fault It all in how the team is coached!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

A complete debacle.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

LHS 72 wrote:Just pulled in and I have to VENT! And yes it is even time to replace the radio anouncers! as they said, No they do a good job caught most of the last 10 minuntes on the way home from the game and I can tell they will most likely agree with all the forth coming post! Wolfe has to understand he is on a major HOT SEAT! Last 2 1/2 seasons as other poster commented "3-7, 1-9 and now 0-5". he fans in the stands feel the program needs a change The Chiefs seem to start out with little fire and after playing an even 1st quarter the wheels fell off. They loss all DISCIPLINE and control! Again let me stress I do not blame the young people. It is the coaches who are responsible. Please write letters and call the school board and the Supt! I will contact a retired coach I know and ask him his opinion and will past his comments on to all!
When will you have this coaches opinion! Wow sounds like the HOT SEAT will get hotter

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Not the young mans fault??? no 62 was throwing punches all night and had 6 penalties!!!! that is not coaching that is horrible parenting!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

bird78 wrote:going to a buds house and listen to the game........hope don't get thrown into firewood.......lol....cause think the CHIEFS get the first win..........HATE to see it a BUCKEYES......there my 2nd best team.....35-28 with Logan getting their backs some YARDAGE......... :-D :idea: :!:
BIRD , YOU FUNNY.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

05buckeye wrote:Not the young mans fault??? no 62 was throwing punches all night and had 6 penalties!!!! that is not coaching that is horrible parenting!!!!!!!!!!
And also teaching and Coaching!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

just embarassing!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I read all the posts made after the Butt Whoopin NY put on the Chiefs and not 1 Logan fan, Gave Nelsonville-York any credit for that win!

According to you Logan fans, You lost by 50 because of the coach, not because NY showed up ready to play and executed there game plan, made a couple adjustments when needed and kept on rolling. No one said man NY played a great game on both sides of the ball............
There is a reason the Cheiftans are 0-5 and it's not all Kelly Wolfs fault!

Your 0-5 and maybe will finish 1-9, because you all let your youth program fall to shambles, because you all spent so much time thumping your chests about how great you were every week for years that you all forgot that in order to keep a great program going you have to keep your feeder program going strong. The only person who saw this coming retired....

Logan has to start scheduling some weaker teams, so that the kids will stay with it til they get the youth program straightened out......

Logan needs to start over like Athens did. start with a week schedule to give your kids a chance at winning and slowly add tougher and tougher teams as you go.

WAY TO GO BUCKS!!! Big win!!!!!
Now lets work on getting that TVC Title back home where it belongs!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

O & B im sorry but you are very right. ny/ boston were prepared and ready to play. congrads to the coaches, players and staff on the win last night.

and you are very very very correct on something else....
Your 0-5 and maybe will finish 1-9, because you all let your youth program fall to shambles, because you all spent so much time thumping your chests about how great you were every week for years that you all forgot that in order to keep a great program going you have to keep your feeder program going strong. The only person who saw this coming retired....Logan has to start scheduling some weaker teams, so that the kids will stay with it til they get the youth program straightened out......

the youth program (tomahawks) is/has been looked upon as "the black sheep". some of the current/passed staff would encourage parents/kids to play rec flag football until 7th grade. this is leaving those kids 3-4 yrs behind the other 7th grade programs they'll face.

it makes no since to me. you dont hit the ground running. you have to crawl before you can walk.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't know what is happening to Tomahawks football now but I can tell you 10-15 years ago it was embraced by a large percentage of Logan's parents. Those great teams of a few years ago didn't fall from the sky. I can tell you I spent many a weeknight and Sundays so my son could play that game. He and his other teammates formed the backbone of the Logan squads of 2005-2010. Yes, the talent is down but so are the understanding of fundamentals. Flag football is fine for exercise. No substitute for the real thing.
There are a number of reasons Logan is down but they continue to act as though they are still those dominate teams of a few years ago. They still charge admission and want you to patronize the concession stands. They want you to make noise even when the team is 0-for and getting beat by 50 points. Here's a thought, take the spears off the helmets. Do away with the swaying and charging through the "L". I know it's tradition but it doesn't work with this team. Those things must be earned. If we just want to recognize student participation, let's bring the honor roll students on the field and cheer for them (which isn't a bad idea).

This is not rec league football. They aren't handing out ribons for participation. And as for N-Y, yes they played a great game and earned any praise they get. Put your foot on the neck of a team that is down. But, if this game were played three years ago, the score would've been reversed and then some!

Chiefs5
Waterboy

Post by Chiefs5 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Your 0-5 and maybe will finish 1-9, because you all let your youth program fall to shambles, because you all spent so much time thumping your chests about how great you were every week for years that you all forgot that in order to keep a great program going you have to keep your feeder program going strong. The only person who saw this coming retired....
I can vouch for this statement. I HAD a son in the Tomahawks program and I was TOLD by one of the high school coaches that I needed to take him out of Tomahawks and let him play flag football. That he would learn more that way. The Tomahawk program is all political. Who can do what for whom. Some of the coaches care and want to see them do better. They did have some coaching changes this year at the 3rd & 4th grade level, so hopefully that will help. I really can't help with what their record looks like this year.

He will play Tomahawks next year because he misses tackle football terribly. Hopefully things will change.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

so is the band any better?????

Return to “Football”