Week 5: Nelsonville-York @ Logan

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Week 5: Nelsonville-York @ Logan

Post by C-Bolt »

Your darn right it is better than that million dollar! and congratulations on the big win N-Y you the better team obviously, I heard one of the radio guys mention the Boston comment late in the game but maybe I misunderstood them,I always have had a lot of respect for Boston and it would be a true statement but I couldnt imagine him saying that.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

NOBODY has a better HS band than Logan year in and out.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

dazed&confused wrote:I don't know what is happening to Tomahawks football now but I can tell you 10-15 years ago it was embraced by a large percentage of Logan's parents. Those great teams of a few years ago didn't fall from the sky. I can tell you I spent many a weeknight and Sundays so my son could play that game. He and his other teammates formed the backbone of the Logan squads of 2005-2010. Yes, the talent is down but so are the understanding of fundamentals. Flag football is fine for exercise. No substitute for the real thing.
There are a number of reasons Logan is down but they continue to act as though they are still those dominate teams of a few years ago. They still charge admission and want you to patronize the concession stands. They want you to make noise even when the team is 0-for and getting beat by 50 points. Here's a thought, take the spears off the helmets. Do away with the swaying and charging through the "L". I know it's tradition but it doesn't work with this team. Those things must be earned. If we just want to recognize student participation, let's bring the honor roll students on the field and cheer for them (which isn't a bad idea).

This is not rec league football. They aren't handing out ribons for participation. And as for N-Y, yes they played a great game and earned any praise they get. Put your foot on the neck of a team that is down. But, if this game were played three years ago, the score would've been reversed and then some!
3 years ago doesn't matter! This game was played Friday night!

Old Buckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by Old Buckeye »

Don't know if I agree with the whole youth tackle football thing. My son did both tackle and flag. Certainly it helps with the fundamentals but the program has to be well ran. All to often eager parents become overbearing dictators in a chance to re-live sports through little Johnny. There's also medical proof that injuries sustained at this age can have a more profound effect on growing bones and ligaments. As far as success in little league football equating to championships at the highschool level, one has to go no farther than the severe beating that Nelsonville suffered at the hands of Saint Clairsville a couple of years ago or by Bellaire in the late 1990's in the playoffs. Niether town had youth tackle football programs at the time.

Back to the game, congratulations to the Buckeyes on the victory. Logan also appeared to suffer from a lack of discipline in the penalty department. Not my intention to give offense, but that starts at the top. I'm also hoping that the Chieftans can right the ship in the upcoming years. They appear to have a ton of kids out for 7th and 8th grade with some size and speed, but also lack discipline.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Orange and Brown wrote:I read all the posts made after the Butt Whoopin NY put on the Chiefs and not 1 Logan fan, Gave Nelsonville-York any credit for that win!

According to you Logan fans, You lost by 50 because of the coach, not because NY showed up ready to play and executed there game plan, made a couple adjustments when needed and kept on rolling. No one said man NY played a great game on both sides of the ball............
There is a reason the Cheiftans are 0-5 and it's not all Kelly Wolfs fault!
The score was 50-0. I don't think it needs to be said that NY played a great game on both sides of the ball and showed up ready to play. It's kind of a gimme with that score.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Congratulations to the Buckeyes!!!! A HUGE win over one of our oldest rivals!

A few milestones from this game......

The 50-0 margin of victory for the Buckeyes was the largest over Logan in school history. This is true even when you throw in the stats from the old Nelsonville Greyhounds which would take us back to the very beginning days of organized high school sports.

In the last 2 seasons, NY has defeated Logan by a combined score of 92-6, the largest 2 year total in series history for the Buckeyes.

This was only the second time in NY history the Buckeyes shutout Logan. NY defeated Logan 40-0 in 1981, the year of the Buckeyes State Championship.

This was only the third time NY won at Logan since consolidation took place in 1967. NY also won in Logan in 1982 and 1997.

This was only the third time NY ever defeated Logan in back-to-back seasons. The other two times were 1981-1982 and 1996-1997.

The 50 point loss was the largest margin of loss for Logan since 1997 vs. Zanesville.

This was the first time NY defeated Logan in a season in which NY lost to Trimble.

This was the largest margin of defeat for Logan at Chieftan Stadium in the 5 year history of the stadium.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan is lucky they don't play Zanesville this year--they beat Alder like 42/00

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Orange and Brown wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I don't know what is happening to Tomahawks football now but I can tell you 10-15 years ago it was embraced by a large percentage of Logan's parents. Those great teams of a few years ago didn't fall from the sky. I can tell you I spent many a weeknight and Sundays so my son could play that game. He and his other teammates formed the backbone of the Logan squads of 2005-2010. Yes, the talent is down but so are the understanding of fundamentals. Flag football is fine for exercise. No substitute for the real thing.
There are a number of reasons Logan is down but they continue to act as though they are still those dominate teams of a few years ago. They still charge admission and want you to patronize the concession stands. They want you to make noise even when the team is 0-for and getting beat by 50 points. Here's a thought, take the spears off the helmets. Do away with the swaying and charging through the "L". I know it's tradition but it doesn't work with this team. Those things must be earned. If we just want to recognize student participation, let's bring the honor roll students on the field and cheer for them (which isn't a bad idea).

This is not rec league football. They aren't handing out ribons for participation. And as for N-Y, yes they played a great game and earned any praise they get. Put your foot on the neck of a team that is down. But, if this game were played three years ago, the score would've been reversed and then some!
3 years ago doesn't matter! This game was played Friday night!
Your right! Congratulations. Depressing times on the Hocking! We're just all in shock at the magnitude of the fall from Grace.

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

So sorry to see the Chiefs fall so far. Wishing you guys a 5-0 finish to finish 5-5. I trully hate seeing Logan drop off like this. It looks like the coach has lost total controll I seen some things from one player on the Logan sideline in the 4th quarter that totally shocked me. Good luck Chiefs hoping you can find a way to win the SEOAL.

purpleforlife
Waterboy

Post by purpleforlife »

Bobcat24 wrote:Something needs to give. This is pathetic. 21 penaltys. Com'on Man! Coach is an ego maniac. Kids dropping out of program like flies to play soccer. No discipline. No will to win. No confidence. No leadership. Starts at the top! However, the stadium looks really really good. Thanks, school board...we will remember your decisions or lack there of!
well said bobcat24

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

For Starters, Get rid of Soccer. :122249

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It doesn't seem to bother other schools that much--plus the soccer program doesn't do that great so maybe those boys really are not that good. These boys had talent in the lower grades--did it just go away with getting a coupe years older?

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

dazed&confused wrote:NOBODY has a better HS band than Logan year in and out.

Don't know about that.... Big Red Band from Johnstown - Monroe is pretty darn good

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

wow...... and nobody cares......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

tl895 wrote:

.....what you think!

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

tl895 wrote:

Wow apparenlty tl895 has nothing better to say..........

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

It is time to put this game in the history books!

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

P.E.T.A. has been contacted! For beating a dead horse!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

fbfever9 wrote:

Don't know about that.... Big Red Band from Johnstown - Monroe is pretty darn good
190+ with a few 8th graders... for a Division 4/5 school is amazing!

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

I am i die hard NY fan but from what i seen from logan's players is they can win games but the boys yell and come down on eachother very hard on the field if they could just play as a team and stop fighting and taken things out on eachother they could become a great team....but i know everyone says its coaching ..well maybe some of it is but i really believe if the boys from the team would put as much effort in the game as they do fighting eachother things could be better ..and then i seen alot of punching and pushing around from the logan players from frustration.. they was taken it out on the Ny players there is no sence in that they need to stay focused and play as a team and i could see them winning games...but NY showed up ready to play there A game....best of luck logan the rest of the season they just need to learn to play as a team and stay focused on who they play and not beat eachother up for mistakes....just my thoughts and if someone dont agree i guess go ahead and bash away lol......GOOD LUCK LOGAN hope you all can win a few games :-D

Return to “Football”