Trimble at Miller

NYF
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble at Miller

Post by NYF »

NC beat Fairfield Christian in 2010, lost in the 2nd round by 1 pt. This year I think they could make it a couple games in. However, this is not Trimbles fault. They won't argue that the Hocking struggles in football. They only get a few non league games a year. NY and now Meigs are there non league games. So if they drop Meigs and pick up a strong D6 or D5 school, will that one game in week 3 really get them ready? The TVC has to really look at three divisions. Add a team or two so that teams like Trimble can get 4 to 5 non league games to "Get them Ready" for the playoffs.

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

would love to see trimble schedule FCA during regular season.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

buckeye_master wrote:Trimble makes playoffs every year even if they go 7-3 because they play a weak schedule this team needs to step it up and play teams that can really show what they are made of....im sorry but after looking at who they play other than NY and whama they dont play anyone good...so go ahead make they playoffs and then you will see a team that will make you hang your heads and wish you played teams that would get you ready for a battle and not a walk threw like the teams you play im sorry but its the truth just my thoughts

Buckeye Master?
Who does Nelsonville play other than 2 Div 6 schools week one and 2? the last 3 weeks the teams they played are a combined 1-14. River Valleys win came by 1 point to Southern. Logan has fallen off the face of the earth and Berne Union may win 1 game all year. matter of fact the TVC Ohio is way down also. Nelsonville only has 3 games on its schedule. The problem is they will lose all 3 this year and be nowhere close to the playoffs.
For as bad as you say Trimble's schedule is why have they made it the past 2 years at 7-3?

Go Cats just more Tomcat envy from the suckeyes.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

After looking up the numbers why isnt Ny in the hocking div of your league. They are the same size as most of the teams. Federal Hocking is even in their region. As is Alexander. They really need to revamp that league and Put the smaller schools in that Hocking. I believe NY will be div 6 next year when they go to 7 divisions. Trimble and wahama and fed should welcome that change. Trimble is good each year and should really want this to happen. Just curious on how and who set this league up this way.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ron Burgundy wrote:After looking up the numbers why isnt Ny in the hocking div of your league. They are the same size as most of the teams. Federal Hocking is even in their region. As is Alexander. They really need to revamp that league and Put the smaller schools in that Hocking. I believe NY will be div 6 next year when they go to 7 divisions. Trimble and wahama and fed should welcome that change. Trimble is good each year and should really want this to happen. Just curious on how and who set this league up this way.
Because 9 out of 10 years, Trimble would be the only team in the Hocking who could beat NY, and as history will tell you, that doesn't happen much either. I wouldn't want NY in a league where they go out and hang 60 points on almost every league game they play.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

So the TVC is set up entirely based on Football? I hope this isnt the case, What a rip off for any young athelte in any other sport. Wow, that cant be the way your league is split. Can it?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ron Burgundy wrote:So the TVC is set up entirely based on Football? I hope this isnt the case, What a rip off for any young athelte in any other sport. Wow, that cant be the way your league is split. Can it?
It's worked this long.......It's not gonna change much.
And yes it is set up based off of Football, When was the last time the track team paid for any of the other sports.
Thats life, almost all HS Leagues in Ohio are set up for Football, and if not Football then Basketball.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Wow Thats for the birds if you ask me. So you win at football and ALL the other sports are left to suffer because of it. Guess if it works for football its ok. Short sighted I think

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Ok, Just curious, How many other championships has ny won in any other sports in the last 10 years?

And about the Trimble game. they go into the playoffs at 9-1

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

NY has won wrestling, maybe VB. That might be it. I really just do not know.
NYs game 1 and 2 are against D6 schools. But I think of Trimble as a strong D6 that makes the playoffs and wins there league. NC typically is strong. NY has a 1-2 record vs them.
I think both leagues are down this year, more then normal. Maybe they have made it due to the region is not loaded with strong teams? I just think that
if there were three division it gives teams like Trimble /Ny to schedule teams that are playoff caliber teams. If you can't beat those teams then maybe you don't need to go to the dance?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ron Burgundy wrote:Ok, Just curious, How many other championships has ny won in any other sports in the last 10 years?

And about the Trimble game. they go into the playoffs at 9-1
NY is a football school, doesn't really matter. 1 or 2 VB titles, every TVC Wrestling (competes as one Division) championship Before Athens came. The Track Competes as one division) program is getting better and better every season, The Basketballs programs continue to show improvement every year. Thanks to Athens coming to the TVC, we now have a Cross country team. It's small but they aren't to shabby. Baseball and Softball will always struggle at NY no matter what Division they would be in

Lets all be honest. other than Trimble, no one in the Hocking would vote for NY moving down!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I can't think of a league that isn't based on Football or Boys Basketball. You are right about one thing---if you are a smaller school you suffer in the Spring sports because there numbers matter. I remember Federal running off around 12 straight girls track titles---coaching comes into play along with having more kids. Eastern's girls VB and BB have had tremendous success in the tourney and their softball is always one of the top programs in the league--either division. Waterford always seems doment in girls BB and VB and just like Eastern has a top notch softball program.The other teams have success for a year or so but the rest don't seem to stay on top like these programs. Coaching and the community make all the difference.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

NYF wrote:NY has won wrestling, maybe VB. That might be it. I really just do not know.
NYs game 1 and 2 are against D6 schools. But I think of Trimble as a strong D6 that makes the playoffs and wins there league. NC typically is strong. NY has a 1-2 record vs them.
I think both leagues are down this year, more then normal. Maybe they have made it due to the region is not loaded with strong teams? I just think that
if there were three division it gives teams like Trimble /Ny to schedule teams that are playoff caliber teams. If you can't beat those teams then maybe you don't need to go to the dance?
So I guess a school has to decide, or in this case a league, do you want to be insured that a few teams make the playoffs each year and get those extra games and extra weeks of practice, or do you want to split up the league and only make the playoffs when you beat "playoff caliber teams?"

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

We here year end and year out, teams are not scheduling the right caliber teams to help them if they make the playoffs. So, yes you are right. As an AD do you keep your schedule soft but strong enough to make the playoffs regarless if you deserve to be there or do you schedule 2 to 3 tough teams that could make you better if you are given the opportunity to play week 11. Like a poster said, Trimble can make it at 7-3 but are they battle tested for the playoffs? Crooksville on the other hand can get in at 7-3 and because of the league they are in I would say, Yes they are tested.
So my thinking was if there were 3 divisions of the TVC Trimble/NY/Athens could schedule those games that could me them better. I would sure like to see a game with Minford, West or the burg before playing BU again. Trimble and NC would be a great match up. Just saying I think it could help. JMO.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

NYF wrote:We here year end and year out, teams are not scheduling the right caliber teams to help them if they make the playoffs. So, yes you are right. As an AD do you keep your schedule soft but strong enough to make the playoffs regarless if you deserve to be there or do you schedule 2 to 3 tough teams that could make you better if you are given the opportunity to play week 11. Like a poster said, Trimble can make it at 7-3 but are they battle tested for the playoffs? Crooksville on the other hand can get in at 7-3 and because of the league they are in I would say, Yes they are tested.
So my thinking was if there were 3 divisions of the TVC Trimble/NY/Athens could schedule those games that could me them better. I would sure like to see a game with Minford, West or the burg before playing BU again. Trimble and NC would be a great match up. Just saying I think it could help. JMO.
Yes a few years ago, and for a couple of years NY was battle tested and lost in the first round of the playoffs. It does you no good to be battle tested if you don't get in, and many times the battle tests are so early in the season that they have no effect on your playoff games. So I guess the only answer is to go independent, and then you can schedule all your battle tests at the end of the season. Just have to hope you don't have any injuries during those battle tests.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Or you can be Ironton - an independent - who seems to have a challenging game every week.

Wheelersburg (4-1)
Russell (KY) (3-2)
Gallia Academy (3-2)
Ashland Blazer (KY) (5-1)
Portsmouth (1-4)
Johnson Central (KY) (4-1)
Bishop Watterson (3-2)
Bishop Hartley (5-0)
Oak Hill (4-1)

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:Or you can be Ironton - an independent - who seems to have a challenging game every week.

Wheelersburg (4-1)
Russell (KY) (3-2)
Gallia Academy (3-2)
Ashland Blazer (KY) (5-1)
Portsmouth (1-4)
Johnson Central (KY) (4-1)
Bishop Watterson (3-2)
Bishop Hartley (5-0)
Oak Hill (4-1)

Yes if I remember correctly NY picked up Ironton a few years ago. I wonder if that battle test helped them in the playoffs?

bigbuckeyesfan
Waterboy

Post by bigbuckeyesfan »

does miller have a band or not just wondering

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

yes miller has a band

bigbuckeyesfan
Waterboy