logan football

purpleforlife
Waterboy

logan football

Post by purpleforlife »

how much longer do we have to put up with this brand of leadership.logan school board you should act as soon as the season is over.kids are flat ,coaches are flat the program has turned in to a joke.

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: logan football

Post by NY BUCKS »

Logan has had a talent. Drop the last 3 years Rome wasn't built. In a day it takes time..

purpleforlife
Waterboy

Post by purpleforlife »

NY BUCKS wrote:Logan has had a talent. Drop the last 3 years Rome wasn't built. In a day it takes time..
i didnt say no talent, isaid the kids are flat.along with the coaching. we had rome and yes it was destroyed in 3 years.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

brian i would not make threads like this makes you look like a whiner

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

U didn't. I did..Logan depths. As a whole. Is not what it was..Coaching. may. Be a problem. ..but if the kids don't come out to play..there's. Problems. Somewhere ..

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

brainmax wrote:how much longer do we have to put up with this brand of leadership.logan school board you should act as soon as the season is over.kids are flat ,coaches are flat the program has turned in to a joke.

This sounds like a rookie post

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

OK I don't know where the problems lie in Chieftanland, but I don't believe all the weight should be placed on the varsity coaches and players.
The program begins at the most basic of levels, and is built and molded throughout.

How is your youth leagues progress???

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

TOTALLY AGREE!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

YES! Preaching to the choir. So why has Logan's feeder programs deteriorated? You see these penalties and mental mistakes occuring at the varsity level? I can tell you the discipline was in place AT THE GRADE SCHOOL LEVEL in previous years. Perhaps in this economy it is tougher for both coaches and parents to commit to these programs. Or perhaps the coverage of reptitive injuries is having an effect. Whatever it is, I don't think we are getting the more coached-up kids from the lower levels now. One week of camp before the season isn't enough. Touch football isn't enough. Punt, pass and kick isn't enough.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

When kids don't come out for your program, alot of times it is the Coach. Not always that the Coach is bad, just doesn't know how to get kids out. If the program is flat then their needs to be some excitement and fun and reward in it. Is the Coach a teacher?

FridayNightLights
Waterboy

Post by FridayNightLights »

in sports just like business - "Attitude reflects Leadership".

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Does anyone know the real reason why the taxpayers and community supporters are beginning to call for a change in the football program? No it is not wins and the 19 plus losses in the last 2 1/2 years! In short it is MONEY! the football program is a money making machine for our school and the local community.Plus the excess money supplements the cost overuns of the sports programs. Also money trickles down to our wonderful marching band and local businesses. As the losses continue to mount so will attendance will suffer Image the stadium with only a few hundurd fans in attendance and guess what pay to play will happen and forbid a tax levy.
Last edited by moonshine on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

How do the younger teams look? Are the junior high and biddy league teams strong? What about Freshman and JV?

If the younger teams are strong, Logan will be strong again sooner rather than later.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logangrad wrote:
moonshine wrote:Does anyone know the real reason why the taxpayers and community supporters are beginning to call for a change in the football program? No it is not wins and the 19 plus losses in the last 2 1/2 years! In short it is MONEY! the football program is a money making machine for our school and the local community.Plus the excess money supplements the cost overuns of the sports programs. Also money trickles down to our wonderful marching band and local businesses. As the losses continue to mount so will attendance will suffer Image the stadium with only a few hundurd fans in attendance and guess what pay to play will happen and load forbid a tax levy.

Well then your concerns are over and all this talk about Wolfe being replaced can now be over. First off, if you were "REALLY" in the know like you claim to be, Logan has NEVER fired a coach for financial reasons, EVER. I can just see the meeting now; "You're not making the district enough money, so you're fired!" I am certain his contract has no clause in it what so ever that has a "quota" in it for dollars. Thats the dumbest excuse for wanting to get rid of a coach I have ever heard and you should be embarrassed for posting that. When Logan went 54-47 in the 1990's including years of 3-7, 2-8 (twice) and 4-6 and Amyx was never threatened to be fired bc the attendance dropped and the school may lose money. You know why? Bc the attendance NEVER DROPPED. Sure the fair weather fans will bolt, but the Logan faithful who believe in the kids, the team, the coaches, the traditions, and the school, will come; THEY ALWAYS DO!! Most people appreciate the history and the yearly games with NY, New Lex, Athens, Jackson, and the other old school games that mattered then and the games that matter now. Logan went 2-8, 3-7 and 4-6 in the 1990s on a three year stretch and NOBODY called for Amyx to be fired. For any reason. Stop making excuses, stop reaching for nonsense, and just stop acting like you have any clue as to what may or may not take place. You dont.

What a lame reply! At least Dale show improvment from a bad year Current coaches record 3-7, 1-9 and so far 0-4 Be prepared a change is in the wind!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

I dont see how his replay was any "lamer" than your post about money being a reason to fire a coach imo....Based on the logic that Coach Amyx showed improvement, in year 4 of that run of losses he went 8-2, I think Wolfe should be given the same chance. Just my opinion. And after a three year stretch of bad runs for Amyx, he then had a great run of teams BUT then he had ANOTHER run of less than stellar teams going 6-4, 6-4, and 5-5. Thats not improvement is it? Thats a drop off and he wasnt fired. Again, just like everyone has said in the past, talent runs in cycles. And thats the proof. But Amyx never endured the ridicule that the current staff has had to endure by the town criers.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

the real problem with logan not winning is the coach its the coach is why players didnt come out to play this year a few of those players would of really helped this team..the coach is the reason for use poor tackling skills, coach wants them shoulder tackling..its a sure sign hes not good for the program when kids wont play for him and a bigger one when their starters last year and are not playing their senior year..iv talked to players and parents from logan and this is what i get from them js

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Amyx would have been ridiculed had there been forums like this back in the 90's,and I seem to remember some people calling for his head back then but I wasn't one of them,I remember after a Zanesville game one year people were at the top of the stadium yelling "fire them all".Even during his run in the 2000''s I remember people on here complaining he wasn't doing enough like weight room training and not being strong enough to beat lancaster, No coach is immune from ridicule when the losses start to pile up,that's just the way it is unfortunately,there is a sector of people who believe the coach can wave a majic wand and wonderful things are bound to happen.The coach is the easy target in any sport from high school to college to the pros.Sometimes a coaching change does help, but sometimes it doesn't.
Last edited by C-Bolt on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”