Week 5 Huntington (3-1) @ Piketon (2-2)

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Week 5 Huntington (3-1) @ Piketon (2-2)

Post by HighLightReel »

Thoughts?

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 5 Huntington (3-1) @ Piketon (2-2)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Good job Huntsman to this point, but piketon will bring huntington back to reality. Piketon is just at a different level right now but Huntington is heading in the right direction.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Piketon back on track and Huntington ross back to reality.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Piketon gets back on track

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

Its goona be a good game in piketon this coming Friday. Might I add, lucky for hunington, their gonna have to wait till track season to see dust in their eyes.

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

I say Piketon by a TD, maybe two. The schedule, or lack of it, finally catches up to the Huntsmen.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

I think this game will be a lot closer than what many people think..

svcboy4
Waterboy

Post by svcboy4 »

Why is it that huntington gets no credit.. They beat one of the best teams in the league, and are finally starting to do good.. But still have people putting them down. WHat if they beat piketon? Are they sill going to be considered amatures? I find it quite rediculous that these boys arent getting any credit.. In my eyes, right now.. Mustangs and Huntington are the teams to beat.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Huntington are world beaters, but I think some people are underestimating the huntsmen. They have a way to go but they are playing good football and moving forward.
And from what I have been told Piketon has a great team
I'm really looking forward to watch this game.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Piketon wins!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Piketon by 3 TDs. Big difference in a 2-2 team that has played a tough schedule vs a 3-1 team that hasn't.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Having seen both teams.. I feel like both offenses are about equal. Both spread things out and are very quick. The difference in the game, imo, will be the defenses. Ill give the edge to Piketon after what I have seen personally. Huntington is on a roll and Piketon is coming in losing two straight. Although I think this game can go either way, I think Piketon wins by less than a touchdown barring the turnover battle. If both teams play the way they should, it will be a classic SVC showdown.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bleeding Red wrote:Piketon by 3 TDs. Big difference in a 2-2 team that has played a tough schedule vs a 3-1 team that hasn't.
Between these teams 5 wins, the opponents only have 3 combined, so neither has beaten anyone to write home about.

Piketon likely wins, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Hunstmen get the upset.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

danicalifornia wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Piketon by 3 TDs. Big difference in a 2-2 team that has played a tough schedule vs a 3-1 team that hasn't.
Between these teams 5 wins, the opponents only have 3 combined, so neither has beaten anyone to write home about.

Piketon likely wins, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Hunstmen get the upset.

I am not talking about the wins, I am talking about the losses.

Piketon has lost to very good Westfall and Minford squads. Huntington has lost to ND, who is good, but also D6 and wouldnt compete with Westfall or Minford IMO. They have also won against Manchester and Northwest who very well may not notch a win this season between the two teams.

Not trying to take anything away from Huntington as they have really turned a corner up there in their football program. I just believe Piketon will win this one rather handily.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

svcboy4 wrote:Why is it that huntington gets no credit.. They beat one of the best teams in the league, and are finally starting to do good.. But still have people putting them down. WHat if they beat piketon? Are they sill going to be considered amatures? I find it quite rediculous that these boys arent getting any credit.. In my eyes, right now.. Mustangs and Huntington are the teams to beat.
It takes more than wins over 3 bad teams after a 30+ game losing streak to get "credit". I really admire the way Huntington has stuck it out and put together some wins, but wins with this schedule doesn't make you a conference favorite. Switch the two teams schedules and Piketon is 4-0 or 3-1 and HR is 0-4 or possibly 1-3. Minford and Westfall are very good teams. Manchester and Northwest are flat out terrible football teams. Huntington has played one team with a pulse (ND) and they were hammered.

Piketon 48
Huntington 20

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

svcboy4 wrote:Why is it that huntington gets no credit.. They beat one of the best teams in the league, and are finally starting to do good.. But still have people putting them down. WHat if they beat piketon? Are they sill going to be considered amatures? I find it quite rediculous that these boys arent getting any credit.. In my eyes, right now.. Mustangs and Huntington are the teams to beat.
Lets not let the records fool you here. Minford and Westfall are the best teams either has played to this point. Read any thread on here and the theme is the same. Credit and respect is earned not freely given. and the team that plays the tougher schedule is going to come out on top of that discussion. At this point Piketon has played stiffer competition and has looked good doing it. If they beat Piketon then they will clearly be the team to beat.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Piketon is very talented. If they can refocus after two rough weeks, they can win out and still have a shot at the playoffs.

Stud8===D
Waterboy

Post by Stud8===D »

Huntingtons offense makes up for hole in the defense, piketon is a typically over rated team, yes they will be tough but this should be a close game. Final outcome will be less than a touchdown

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Stud8===D wrote:Huntingtons offense makes up for hole in the defense, piketon is a typically over rated team, yes they will be tough but this should be a close game. Final outcome will be less than a touchdown
This is not Manchester your playing tomorrow night. Hahhahahaha

Stud8===D
Waterboy

Post by Stud8===D »

bengalfan76 wrote:
Stud8===D wrote:Huntingtons offense makes up for hole in the defense, piketon is a typically over rated team, yes they will be tough but this should be a close game. Final outcome will be less than a touchdown
This is not Manchester your playing tomorrow night. Hahhahahaha

Never said it was, Huntington deserves credit, piketon is over rated idk how many times I've heard about teams they "will" beat in every sport and every year they disappoint their own fans. Huntington might not of had the toughest non league sched but look at the points they put up in each of those games. And don't forget they just beat adena too. Not saying they have the best chances of winning but this isn't the same team HHS usually has, new staff new workouts new play book, watch and see that they just might leave the piketon players and fans with their jaws dropped

Return to “Football”