Week 5 Huntington (3-1) @ Piketon (2-2)

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Week 5 Huntington (3-1) @ Piketon (2-2)

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^
Ove rated huh. Will see

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Imo, Huntington would be 2-2 with Piketons schedule thus far. They have played a weaker schedule so far, but not by a whole lot. Ive said it before in a previous post, this game will be close. Turnovers will decide the winner. Huntington is NOT the same team as the last few years. They will finish in the upper half of the SVC, just the same as Piketon.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Not saying Huntington will win this game, but talking about schedule is nonsense! Piketon has beat a 1 win Waverly team and a 1 Win Vinton County team... two teams that Huntington would most probably beat. Obviously Huntington's loss to ND was not a good one, but Piketon has yet to beat anyone with a winning record (or anyone that will have a winning record this season)! Neither team has a notable win and neither team has beaten anyone that will have more than 3 wins this season, so schedule should not even be in the discussion (wins or losses)!
What does matter is the quality of teams! Piketon is obviously very talented and looking to compete for a playoff position. Huntington is attempting to build a program and this would be a landmark win in the progression. For these reasons, I think both teams will compete extremely hard and make this a "MUST SEE" game! Not sure who wins it, nor do I care, but I will definitely be there to see it because I think there will be A LOT of offense, which could make this an instant classic! Don't think either teams wins by more than a touchdown!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Stud8===D wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:
Stud8===D wrote:Huntingtons offense makes up for hole in the defense, piketon is a typically over rated team, yes they will be tough but this should be a close game. Final outcome will be less than a touchdown
This is not Manchester your playing tomorrow night. Hahhahahaha

Never said it was, Huntington deserves credit, piketon is over rated idk how many times I've heard about teams they "will" beat in every sport and every year they disappoint their own fans. Huntington might not of had the toughest non league sched but look at the points they put up in each of those games. And don't forget they just beat adena too. Not saying they have the best chances of winning but this isn't the same team HHS usually has, new staff new workouts new play book, watch and see that they just might leave the piketon players and fans with their jaws dropped
Dont toot that horn to loudly. Northwest and Manchester have been scored upon at will and could very well finish the season with a combined score of 0-20. If Huntington wants respect they have a chance to take it, but dont think by beating up on sub par competition people are going to just give it to you. You forgot to mention that Notre Dame who plays in the smaller division of the SOC dropped a loss on you. So you shouldnt talk about anybody being over rated.

Stud8===D
Waterboy

Post by Stud8===D »

Huntington is far from over rated, even if they win against piketon, people will still talk about how it was a fluke and find someone or something to blame. I didn't say they would blow out piketon or anything like that, but it seems as if people Are looking past HHS like they can go ahead and mark down a big "W" on their schedule before the game even starts. I'm just saying, not the case...Huntington I'm sure will surprise a few teams in the league this year

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

you cant not win a game for almost 4 years all of a sudden win three games against down teams and want respect it doesnt work like that. teams will respect you when you win against a good team, you win in the village tonight you will get your respect

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

If piketon wants the win they can. Piketon should have beat minford and westfall but they changed up their offence. I say mix it up a little and run your backs more than 5 times they will win big. Piketon does have the best passing game led by brabson and recievers, but they will look a lot better with a win with help from good blocks from lineman and their fast backs running the ball.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I invite us to re-open this conversation after week 10, and have a lil chat...

Piketon wins IMO.

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

NewEra wrote:I invite us to re-open this conversation after week 10, and have a lil chat...

Piketon wins IMO.
Would like to see a rematch with minford and piketon in playoffs

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

CoolPiketonDude wrote:
NewEra wrote:I invite us to re-open this conversation after week 10, and have a lil chat...

Piketon wins IMO.
Would like to see a rematch with minford and piketon in playoffs

That makes 2 of us.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Stud8===D wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:
Stud8===D wrote:Huntingtons offense makes up for hole in the defense, piketon is a typically over rated team, yes they will be tough but this should be a close game. Final outcome will be less than a touchdown
This is not Manchester your playing tomorrow night. Hahhahahaha

Never said it was, Huntington deserves credit, piketon is over rated idk how many times I've heard about teams they "will" beat in every sport and every year they disappoint their own fans. Huntington might not of had the toughest non league sched but look at the points they put up in each of those games. And don't forget they just beat adena too. Not saying they have the best chances of winning but this isn't the same team HHS usually has, new staff new workouts new play book, watch and see that they just might leave the piketon players and fans with their jaws dropped

Credit and respect are earned, not deserved. 3 wins is a heck of a turnaround, but the competition they have beaten has not been good.

I definitely think Huntington is on the right track. Its a building process to improve a program that has been so poor for a number of years. The first step is winning games (which they are at right now) and the second step is winning games against good competition and making the playoffs.

Huntington has decent competition coming up even after this week with Unioto, Paint Valley and Westfall. Only Piketon and Westfall have the chance to be playoff teams in that league this year IMO so lets see how they fair tonight and then how they tackle the rest of their competition and see where they are at.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

piketon by four scores

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

I do not know much of anything about Huntington other than over the past couple years their offense has looked good against a lot of teams in spite of the losses. They got a "signature" win last week and they will be motivated and ready. I also know most of the time the toughest opponents are the ones who have nothing to loose.

As for Piketon their Achilles' heel this year has been red zone production. They converted 2 of 7 in the red zone last week, failed vs. Minford and Waverly and 3 times vs. Vinton Co. That is 12 scoring opportunities Piketon has not converted on this year. I know Coach Gullion will find the right offense for these situations. I just hope it is this week. Huntington will score points, I have no doubt, if Piketon does not turn opportunities in points Huntington is very capable of taking this game.

Streaks get motivated and play like there is no tomorrow, Senior opportunities are running out... 212' :122245

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

Piketon wins 41-21

svcboy4
Waterboy

Post by svcboy4 »

Not asking for respect, just more of a congratulations instead of constantly putting them down.. Were all from the SVC, tough non-league schedules or not.. Teams from the SVC should be congratulating teams from the same conference for beating other non-conference schools. But nowadays were just all caught up on social networking sites to where either way someone is going to get dogged. Even after 3 games after 4 years.. I mean, the boys deserve a congratulations, instead of people on here talking about how bad they are. It is seriously rediculous. I mean 2 of the people posting on this thread, are coaches. May not be for football. But for other High School sports. All the posts from the coaches, are negative.. Therefore speaking, that is just a prime example of how messed up our league it..

In other words, congratulations to both teams for their Wins this year, despite who they were against. Its a Win, that is all that matters. Good Luck to both teams in this upcoming game tonight. Piketon will take this game (im even an ulumni from HHS)(Class of 2005)... But again, good luck to both squads.

HHS!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^
If your talking to me I was referring to the Huntington people on here calling PIketon overrated.
I have always been a fan of all the programs in the league. Especially, outside the league.
IF your feelings are hurt get over it.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

34-13 final. Piketon Defense gave up one TD. Huntington is a much improved football team and pays very hard. They have some nice athletes and creat some tough matchups.

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

Sheik Yerboutie wrote:I say Piketon by a TD, maybe two. The schedule, or lack of it, finally catches up to the Huntsmen.
This. I will eat crow and admit wrongness. It was three TD's.

Return to “Football”