Week 5: South Point (0-4) @ Valley (4-0)

nutronron2012
All State

Week 5: South Point (0-4) @ Valley (4-0)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Thoughts?

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 5: South Point (0-4) @ Valley (4-0)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Valley By a bunch. Will be a good game to work on alot of things. Need to keep working on the passing game. All the kids will see the field in this one early.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah this gets ugly and fast. Anyone know how many more years valley has to play south point and rock hill?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

izladoom wrote:Yeah this gets ugly and fast. Anyone know how many more years valley has to play south point and rock hill?
Well, the series with RH is over,coming from the RH a.d. RockHill will play Gallia next season and then pickup NorthWest. FYI, the coach at Valley and the AD both wanted to renew the series but the AD at Valley dropped the ball. Good luck to you guys a solid program on the way up. I have enjoyed your hospitality and facilities.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Ok thanks. Yeah it is probably best for both teams. Yeah I have always enjoyed the trip to rock hill. You have a very nice stadium. Now just need a new score board lol.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This is the last tuneup before league play starts, so I look for the Indians to continue to try and get a lot of kids involved on offense. We had a lot more balance Friday and I think that continues.

Valley 47
SP 12

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

You hit the nail on the head about the scoreboard.....it is a p.o.s.....good luck for your team. While Valley has dominated as of late, RH did pull out a few wins.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Valley by as many as Crabtree wants

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 42
South Point 12

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Continue to improve each game and develop in the areas necessary to make you the "BEST"!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Pointers are really young this year and really don't have a chance in this one. We start 5 freshmen and 5 sophomores. However we will show up and give it our all!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

One of the things that is hurting Valley is we need tougher teams to play before we get into SOC play we need to pic up a couple of D3 or D4 schools to know where we really stand I think you are only as good as who you play.Its time to look at changing the schedule.Dont think we will ever get any respect until we do....!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Here4Fun wrote:One of the things that is hurting Valley is we need tougher teams to play before we get into SOC play we need to pic up a couple of D3 or D4 schools to know where we really stand I think you are only as good as who you play.Its time to look at changing the schedule.Dont think we will ever get any respect until we do....!!!!!
If you make the playoffs and stick around a while like last year, you earn respect. Yes, the schedule needed an upgrade. It really cost them some years, most notably 2 years ago when they finished 8-2 and missed the playoffs. It helped when they got Huntington off the schedule and unloading Rock Hill is probably another plus.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Here4Fun wrote:One of the things that is hurting Valley is we need tougher teams to play before we get into SOC play we need to pic up a couple of D3 or D4 schools to know where we really stand I think you are only as good as who you play.Its time to look at changing the schedule.Dont think we will ever get any respect until we do....!!!!!
The thing is....these schools WERE an upgrade when Valley left the SOC1 (playing green, east, ND, SV, etc) Peake and CG have traditionally been good, so it's not as it appears. Now that the Indians are apparently taking the program to the next level, you may see teams being dropped and picked up. (ie, replacing Huntington with Portsmouth)

I do however, feel like Valley should always play Peake and Coal Grove. They are good schools who usually are very good and very competitive.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

I wonder if there could be a chance of getting Ironton on the schedule for Valley in 2013, if they are dropping Rock Hill. Ironton picked up Oak Hill this year and still had a 9 week schedule.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley should continue to play Peake and Coal Grove from a football standpoint. After seeing the crowds that those 2 schools have brought to Lucasville the last two weeks, it sucks to look across and see nothing in the opposite bleachers. Chesapeake didn't bring 100 people last week. It is a shame.

As far as the Rock Hill and South Point series go, it is time for an upgrade. I do know that Point has had some success at the Junior High level the last few seasons, so maybe they will get better.

Valley added Rock Hill in 2007. The Redmen had been to the playoffs in 2 of the previous 4 season at that point and went again that year. This seemed like a very good add to the schedule at that point as they were a solid D4 program that was winning games. The series (if it is indeed over) ended up going 6 years. Valley lead the series 5-1 and outscored Rock Hill 184-66. Rock Hill's one win was in the playoff year of 2007.

Valley added South Point in 2008. They hadn't been near as successful as Rock Hill but they were a consistent 5 win, D4 team. It was a good add at the time.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Respect from who? I guarantee Valley has the respect of the coaches in the SE district. Message board trolls maybe another story, but most of them are still living in their mom's basements. Valley has been a very successful program going on 20 years now. They have won SOC's in both divisions, they have had playoff success, they have had coaching and individual player accolades... The program has grown from an SOC bottom feeder, to dominating SOC I with playoff experience, to playoff success in SOC I, then moving to SOC II, winning SOC II, and more playoff success. After Burg and Ironton, Valley has been just as successful/more as any of the scioto/lawrence county teams that are discussed on this board. Just because of few guys love to bring up outdated arguments or move the goal posts on what Valley has to accomplish (in "their" opinion) to be a top tier team, doesn't mean that Valley isn't respected. Valley added Portsmouth, they'll add whoever they can to fill the spots that some of these teams have vacated on the schedule... But worrying about the "respect" from message board guys shouldn't be thought or a worry for Valley fans, coaches, or administrators.

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

According to the schedules I have seen, this game is at South Point.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

the_spectator wrote:I wonder if there could be a chance of getting Ironton on the schedule for Valley in 2013, if they are dropping Rock Hill. Ironton picked up Oak Hill this year and still had a 9 week schedule.
I think that would be another solid step for the Valley program.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

South Point is a long way from the program it once was, Valley is to much for them in this one.

Return to “Football”