Week 5. Alexander Vs River Valley

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Re: Week 5. Alexander Vs River Valley

Post by Alexander hitman »

I think I like Alex getting the win by a couple scores.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

BlizzardMan wrote:I think RV put the pressure up to high to fast based on what they did in scrimmages. They need to just relax and play at this point. I think if they hadn't been talked up so much. It would've a different story. I think they will at least beat either South Point or Rock Hill, but I think they will win both of those games.
South Point has shown that they can score at least some points. They hung with Wellston for a half and then lost on the road to Vinton County. If they at least make it interesting with those two, they'll beat River Valley. The Pointers may have bottomed out last year. A new coach was, if nothing else, a change that got the kids and community to pay attention to the program and brings some semblence of hope.
Rock Hill is starting lots of sophomores and freshmen and they don't have much talent to work with. They haven't scored in the first half of any game this year, I don't believe. If River Valley beats anyone else this year, they'll be the team.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Ol' Blue wrote:Nobody can seem to figure out RV!!! They not only get the kids from Kyger Creek and North Gallia but also 90-100% of the kids from Southwestern!!!! The girls program probably will be moving up to Div 2 and the boys are not far behind!!! But even with a non league schedule of a lot smaller schools...they cant seem to win!! I wish that I had the answers!!!! with that being said...I think RV puts it all together and wins this week!!!!
This post makes very little sense! RV is Div 4 in football and next year with the split to 7 divisions RV will likely be Div 5,I know the numbers are going up bet there is a ways to go before RV boys are Div 2??
They are Div 3 in Basketball and it would take a substantial amount of kids to move them to Div 2 right now.

I hope they just go back to basics and be competitive,I'll be there rooting them on regardless!
GO RAIDERS

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Bevo wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:No one shows anything at previews. That's common knowledge. Yes, RV may have beaten South Gallia in previews. South Gallia is 0-4 and lost to Miller last week. River Valley's lone win was against Southern, a team that was blown out by Belpre. I honestly don't think RV can win a game for the rest of the season, and that includes games against Rock Hill and South Point. Personally, I'd like to see them get at least one more conference win in the OVC before they leave but the fans on here talked this team up an awful lot and it has gotten ugly so far.
fuzz your dead on the rv team is in shambles,i don't think they are with in 20 points of anyone the rest of the year. bad coaching and it's a shame because they have some decent talent an size
it's clear to watch that they never work on fundamentals and i hear the coach just wants to work on offense in practice,

i just wondered why rv never hired a defensive coach out there they are all offensive coaches or back ground
I don't think that you have to have a Defensive Coordinator as a Head Coach,but that Head Coach has to realize in the game of football defense comes first!! Especially when your averaging about 12.3 points a game on Offense and most of those are scored by the JV in mop up and your allowing an average of 36 points on Defense and have only played 1 playoff caliber ball team.

Correct me if I am Wrong:
Head Coaches at River Valley:
Jack James (Offensive) Played pulling guard for Miami Trace Blocked for Art Schlichter
Merrill Triplett (Defensive) Best Winning percentage ever at River Valley
Larry Carter (not sure) Larry was an assistant at Gallia Academy??
Greg Deel (Offensive) worked on the offensive side of the ball at Meigs
Jared McClellan (Offensive) Now Offensive Coordinator at Gallia Academy
Jarrod Sparling Played College QB and Offensive minded

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

Would like to see RV pick themselves up and get a win against Alex. Can't wait till N-Y plays Alex and contributes to the down fall of a no class coach. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

No class? you mean he's not a teacher?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I had a question for Alexander posters.....What is the name of your football field??

Is it Alexander Field? Alexander Stadium? Spartan Field? Spartan Stadium?

Just needing some info, thanks!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I think Alex gets a win tonight on Homecoming, should be tight the whole way through. Look for Gage Miller to have a big night

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I look for a similar score to last week vs Waverly. This time with Alex on top though. Good luck Sparty!

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

I am hearing big time changes in the RV defense,perhaps new scheme and look. Can't hurt unless it's like putting in a new offense in basketball takes a few weeks to learn it.

If the defense is successful I'll take the Raiders 19-12

Alexander hitman
Varsity

14-6 Alex at the half

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

41-6. This truly is a monumental disappointment. If they don't want to play Coach, send them home. You don't need to waste anymore time on the half-way doers.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

BlizzardMan wrote:41-6. This truly is a monumental disappointment. If they don't want to play Coach, send them home. You don't need to waste anymore time on the half-way doers.

First it was the coaching ,,,,NOW It's the players would you make up your mind SNOWFLAKE!!!!????!!??!!!??

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

NYBUX wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:41-6. This truly is a monumental disappointment. If they don't want to play Coach, send them home. You don't need to waste anymore time on the half-way doers.

First it was the coaching ,,,,NOW It's the players would you make up your mind SNOWFLAKE!!!!????!!??!!!??
Seriously dude, find a hobby. I never said it was coaching. I'll keep this about football. RV notoriously plays bad at Alex. Maybe its the walk from the locker room.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ok NYBux, you win. I don't know anything about anything. Will you stop now?

strt160
Waterboy

Post by strt160 »

Hats off to the RV boys who are out there busting their butts & trying to make it happen every week. The rest of the team has to come together. One or two players can't do it non stop both offensively & defensively. Read todays athens messenger I think Coach Arno summed it up; "hold one player in check". Brown had a good game with what he had. Just needed the rest of the team to help out.....Not bashing Coaches or Kids. Just really love to see this team come together. They have the players, just need to execute more aggresively.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Alexander has got to get it together as far as the team and coach communication .......terrible lastnight getting plays and formations to the field ..... penalties hurt too ...

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Thats Arno for ya there hitman.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Why all the Arno Hate?

Return to “Football”