Portsmouth West (2-3) @ Minford (5-0)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Portsmouth West (2-3) @ Minford (5-0)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford coming off a hard fought win over a very good Oak Hill squad. West seems to be making good improvements after a poor start to their season.

I see Minford getting the rushing attack back on track in this one. Will the young West defense be able to keep Minfords defense off the field? Will turnovers have a huge impact in the game?

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth West (2-3) @ Minford (5-0)

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

minford will take this one..seems like west is really struggling

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

IMHO minford will be to much for west in this one. falcons by at least 21

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Minford 26
West 7

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Minford seals the win by halftime.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Minford seals the win by halftime.
AGREED

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford needs to come out and play well from the opening kickoff and not fall in a hole. They showed a ton of heart against Oak Hill after getting down early, mainly due to turnovers.

I think Minford's defense continues to improve and plays a really good game Friday. Offensive production gets back on track and Falcons win 28-14. Berry, Carter and Justice should have big production behind the offensive line that is playing very well this year.

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

Never dreamed at beginning of year I'd be saying this but "Minford Easily"...Falcon land has become increasingly harder to play at the last several years. Fan support has shifted from talking about you latest John Deere purchase to really getting behind the team. Coach Daniels has instilled a new philosophy towards being competitive and the kids, school, and town has bought into it. Good luck Falcons...except the Burg game. Ha!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BurgPunk wrote:Never dreamed at beginning of year I'd be saying this but "Minford Easily"...Falcon land has become increasingly harder to play at the last several years. Fan support has shifted from talking about you latest John Deere purchase to really getting behind the team. Coach Daniels has instilled a new philosophy towards being competitive and the kids, school, and town has bought into it. Good luck Falcons...except the Burg game. Ha!

Well said. Minford has always had the athletes. Coach Daniels and his staff have made them into football players. The focus has shifted from being competitive to winning. Its not hard to see why Minford has made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years. Fan support is at an all time high as can be seen at any Minford football game, home or away.

The same can be said of West. They expect to win and expect to be playing week 11. Unfortunately in smaller schools like we have in Southern Ohio, a down year here and there sometimes cannot be avoided. As of right now, it looks like West is having its down year.

I still expect this to be a very competitive, hard hitting football game.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Minford by 28

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I say Minford continues to improve this week and grind out chunks of yardage against this year's Senators. Even though my oldest is a senior flute player for West, I think Minford's backfield monsters will be a little too much for improving Portsmouth West.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Not sure when the last time the Falcons beat the Senators , but i'd say they get the monkey off there backs this year ! Falcons 24 West 10

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford better work on their pass protection. I see 2 games coming up that they will have to pass to win. Minfords QB can not set before 2-3 defenders have him on the run, also better spread the pass around not to one player!!! A good scouter will see Minford passes to one receiver and hands off to one runningback, key on both could be for a long night. This is also for the playoffs too. Just my opinion only......Minfords a good team but could be an excellent team with those 3 things worked on. Did I mention this is the game to work on those???? Minford 35-7

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Minford 14 West 21

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

BIG UPSET ...!!!! West 28 minford 21

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

Hoping for another win in the column for west. I watched the falcons and oaks, my assessment is that these two teams are in for a barnburner this Friday night. Falcons have the advantage by playing at home but if the boys from the west side play like they know how to then they have the chance to win the game.

West-21
Minford-13

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I expect a fairly close game, simply because its conference time and in league games anything can happen. I expect both teams will come out ready to play and, while I see Minford as the favorite, I think West could be a key turnover or two away from leaving Muletown with a win. Best of luck to both teams!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

14U wrote:Minford better work on their pass protection. I see 2 games coming up that they will have to pass to win. Minfords QB can not set before 2-3 defenders have him on the run, also better spread the pass around not to one player!!! A good scouter will see Minford passes to one receiver and hands off to one runningback, key on both could be for a long night. This is also for the playoffs too. Just my opinion only......Minfords a good team but could be an excellent team with those 3 things worked on. Did I mention this is the game to work on those???? Minford 35-7
If you think you can focus on just one back in the Minford rushing attack, go right ahead, you would be asking to be exposed..... Same thing goes for the WRs, Evan Howard is becoming more and more of a factor in the passing attack along with others.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Falcons 26

Senators 18

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West defends the run well since the changes in the defense. Chesapeake runs a very similar offense to Minford and we did fine. Pass defense is what our problem is, and I don't expect much of that from Minford. This game will be nip and tuck all night and decided in the fourth quarter.

Return to “Football”