Pioneer Valley Expansion Big News

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pioneer Valley Expansion Big News

Post by EasternDspy »

So I'm hearing a lot of talk about 4 new schools joining in 2013-2014 school year.Those 4 schools would be Barnesville,Shadyside,Bellaire,and Bridgeport.This would make an 11 team league with 2 divsions.It will be broke up by size.Talks about a 12th team maybe Beallsville returns or Waterford or Belpre.This is real and Bellaire has already left Buckeye 8. Big - Fort Frye,Monroe Central,Buckeye Trail,Shenandoah,Bellaire,and Barnesville Small-River,Bridgeport,Frontier,Shadyside,Beallsville,and Caldwell.This would be one of the better D6 and D5 leagues in the Area.Would not be susprised to see Belpre and Waterford try to be apart of this.

Neil
Riding the Bench

Re: Pioneer Valley Expansion Big News

Post by Neil »

Bellaire or Bellaire St. John? Beallsvile needs to be back in the league, any way. Get out of that joke WV league.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bellaire since they are only D5 in buckeye8 already announced leaving

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

EasternDspy wrote:Bellaire since they are only D5 in buckeye8 already announced leaving
Wow! They sure have fallen from grace. It's amazing how much the population has dropped in Bellaire. Growing up in the Powhatan area, Bellaire USED to be the big city with good athletes EVERY year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Still have to have the meeting but this sounds like a great idea.Be one of top small school divs in hs sports.I say each yr you would play your 5 div opp and rotate your 2 other div opponents like ECOl.Or even pair up the teams where you secure some rivalries FF vs Fron,River vs MC,Trail vs Beallsville, Doah vs Cald,and Shady vs Bellaire,Bridgeport vs Barnesville

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

i don't see any interest from Belpre at all here. they are struggling to compete in TVC Hocking, which let's face it, is the weakest football conference in the state. please understand, no disrespect meant to anyone. i see more teams joining the TVC rather than teams leaving. RV is added in 2014 i believe. there is the talk of three divisions if a few other bigger schools are added. really like the idea of Warren, Marietta, Jackson and Gallia making up a big school division with Athens. not going to try and break it down, there are several other threads on that subject. point is, travel is the biggest concern schools face now with fuel prices and shrinking budgets. IMO Belpre is going to stay put.

A/CPILOT
Waterboy

Post by A/CPILOT »

EasternDspy, there has been talk of this for years now but nothing has ever happened. I'll believe it when I see it. It would be an awesome conference if it really did come about.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What makes sense for all the other teams to It would be a Great league let's get this meeting schedule soon.I heard about this from A.D.Bellaire is the school rallying the troops.Beallsville needs to be a real league and if they can't compete with teams out there own region they should just not field a team.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

We hear something like this almost every year. I for one would love to see the PVC expand. But if their going to do this I'd rather they have 12 teams and split them up into two divisions. But I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything till their is more concrete evidence.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

If I was from Buckeye Trail or Monroe Central, this might be ideal, but I don't like it for Fort Frye. We would lose our closest league opponent, Caldwell. We also lose top PVC rivals Frontier. Crowds to and from Barnesville and Bellaire are going to be slight. Also, for basketball, it sucks the last big of interest out of the sectional tournament. I think Martins Ferry would be the only non-PVC team left in our section.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

A River fan posted talk about this 6 months ago.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You would play all 5 teams on your side and rotate other sides.In basketball you would play your side twice and other side once so its not like your losing those rivalries completely.As I said you would probably have a protected rivalry in football and that most likely be FF vs Fron ,Cald vs Shen,Mc vs River,Trail vs Beallsville,Shady vs MC,Barnesville vs Bridgeport something like that.So that's 6 league games then possibly play either 2 others or 1 more from other side.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Whatever you do dont let the eastern Eagles and Pammy intot he league. If she cant beat you in softball she will work out backdoor deals to get you kicked out of the league.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Be some long road trips for the Eastern Eagles in this one.This will be an elite small school conf.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I don't think Belpre will leave the TVC for the fact that if they do leave, it would be next to impossible to return. (See Warren) Waterford on the other hand doesn't have nearly as many years in the TVC, joining in 93. I could see them jumping ship, especially if they would be in a league with Fort Frye.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Dundas wrote:I don't think Belpre will leave the TVC for the fact that if they do leave, it would be next to impossible to return. (See Warren) Waterford on the other hand doesn't have nearly as many years in the TVC, joining in 93. I could see them jumping ship, especially if they would be in a league with Fort Frye.
I agree totally.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford would have a lot more closer games Frontier,Caldwell,Shenandoah,FF,MC,Beallsville and Bridgeport,Bellaire,River,and Shadyside off RT 7 are not bad drives.Also if they can't compete with teams in there own region River,Bport,Beallsville,Shady,Caldwell,and Frontier do they really have a hot anyway?All D6 squads.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I have heard that Barnesville wants in. As far as the other schools, I'm not to sure about them. I've always thought Barnesville would be a good addition to the PVC. I mean, their entire non-conference football schedule is made up entirely of PVC teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Barnesville,Bridgeport,and Shadyside do not have a conf unless you call the OVAC a conf.Beallsville is in the stupid RVL joke WV league and Bellaire announced they are leaving Buckeye 8.Bellaire as a school has shrunk so much and all the Buckeye 8 schools are so much bigger.As my understanding is that this is mostly a plan made up by Bellaire.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

EasternDspy wrote:So I'm hearing a lot of talk about 4 new schools joining in 2013-2014 school year.Those 4 schools would be Barnesville,Shadyside,Bellaire,and Bridgeport.This would make an 11 team league with 2 divsions.It will be broke up by size.Talks about a 12th team maybe Beallsville returns or Waterford or Belpre.This is real and Bellaire has already left Buckeye 8. Big - Fort Frye,Monroe Central,Buckeye Trail,Shenandoah,Bellaire,and Barnesville Small-River,Bridgeport,Frontier,Shadyside,Beallsville,and Caldwell.This would be one of the better D6 and D5 leagues in the Area.Would not be susprised to see Belpre and Waterford try to be apart of this.
I don't see Beallsville returning.....they are so small and really with a few exceptions wouldn't be able to compete on a yearly basis and they like winning that crappy league every year. I think Waterford would be a nice fit.
Big School:
Bellaire
Barnesville
Buckeye Trail
Fort Frye
Shenandoah
Monroe Central

Small School:
Shadyside
Bridgeport
Frontier
Caldwell