SEOPS

Re: Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Post by coop »

I'm glad I joined last year.. :roll:

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

For all its worth, check out this link: http://excoboard.com/nosf/114469/1887841 , This is what the Northerners think about all our Southern teams. Maybe we should quit slamming one another with these silly post and consentrate on the matter at hand and bringing back some southern pride, It appears that some of those teams got a taste of some southern comfort during the playoffs last season and they seem to remember that. :mrgreen: As I said last season and I will repeat it: " THE SOUTH SHALL RAISE AGAIN!" No matter who gets there..........It's one game at a time!!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SPAMONY wrote:
starbase_318 wrote:No one in this league schedules up (talent wise) except the Pirates and maybe Waverly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stop kidding yourselves. When your school schedules Ironton, Jackson, GAHS, Athens, Ashland, Johnson Central, etc....come talk to me. Scheduling and beating an SOC 1 school and an SVC team doesn't do it for me. Valley has 6 DIV teams on their schedule and they are the smallest DV team in the league. When the big powers of the SOC II schedule as many DIII teams come talk to me. Until then, continue to play your make believe powerhouse teams and play it off as though you have a tough schedule..

Outside of Chilli, West has played basically the same non conference schedule as Valley, Fairland instead of CG in the OVC.

Minford has played Wellston, Piketon, OH, RH, Portsmouth----------not exactly stepping outside the box playing/competing against CONSITENTLY talented teams.....Wheelersburg carries a stronger nonconference schedule and they are in a smaller division. Waverly's nonconference schedule is a lot tougher than this.

So for all the crap talkers, your doo-doo stinks too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You might want to go and look at the harbin points Minford has on Joeeitel before you knock their schedule. 2 teams they beat are ranked higher than Valley. they are a lock for the playoffs in week 7! (after northwest). i have agreed with you guys that your schedule is way better than the points and should have gave a lot of points to Valley. But when you try to make yourself look better by putting others down you sound like a whinny little girl and stupid to boot when you wrong! This why Valley gets ZERO Respect on here or anywhere cause people start crying " we are the little guys" when things go Bad. But when they go good you compare your program to BURGS. well which is it???? Do you have a great program that will overcome a crappy schedule and make a run like a program? or just just point out everyone elses faults to make yourself look better cause your the "wittle guys"?? :(

You are the defe3nding SOC II CHAMPS!!!

ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!!
That is not why Valley doesnt get and "respect" as you call it..the fact is and always will be, when Valley was winning games in the SOC 1 it was because they werent playing anyone, now Valley is in the "BIG BOY" league as everyone calls it, winning games, winning playoff games (4-2 in the last 6) winning a league title, and now it's because of our "weak" schedule. It's never going to matter how cordial these new Valley posters are or not...nothing will change. I've been here since this site STARTED and it's ALWAYS been the same, we dont expect it to change. As far as the little guy thing, as I've said and will say. Being a SMALL D-5 school (I'm sorry we're only 6 boys away from D6) we wouldnt gain anything from going to say a D-3 Chillicothe who is traditionally good and losing. I'd rather see a Nelsonville, Ironton, someone more along the D4-D5 level that would be a competitive game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley has a good program. No doubt about that. Good athletes and well coached. West and valley have had a good series. I think we've had some bad luck like all the fumbles when we were up a couple touchdowns in 09 to Trevins injury in 10. Last year was a good game for the area. We had a heck of a team, but valley probably had their best ever.

I read the northerners views in the playoffs last year and watched the broadcasts from their television stations. They laughed at us and then were shocked at our play.

One question. When did Rolfe take over the offense and does he have the freedom to run what he wants like I've heard?

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Rolfe has been with Crabtree from the beginning, except for a few year in the 05-08 area... Not exactly for sure on the years he was gone or the freedom to call whatever. I'm sure he has the freedom to do whatever, or until Crabtree wants to call for something else. I'm not close enough to the situation to know for sure. I'd say one of the Crab's may have a better idea.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Someone do some Research for me? Whats Tripletts record VS Valley and Coach Crabtree? From the times at Symmes Valley, Oak Hill and currently West. If i had to guess it would be 1-20? Someone please correct me if im wrong. Crabs Brother or Chicken Coop help me out?

If i were at Cross Lanes Friday night, I know what Square on the Roulette table my money would be on. Coach Crabtree and the Indians!!! Roll Tribe Roll!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

WaterBoy wrote:Someone do some Research for me? Whats Tripletts record VS Valley and Coach Crabtree? From the times at Symmes Valley, Oak Hill and currently West. If i had to guess it would be 1-20? Someone please correct me if im wrong. Crabs Brother or Chicken Coop help me out?

If i were at Cross Lanes Friday night, I know what Square on the Roulette table my money would be on. Coach Crabtree and the Indians!!! Roll Tribe Roll!
I don't know what years Coach T was at SV and Oak Hill.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I think coach T was at SV in the 80's not for sure on exact years and 90's at OH. Don't have any ideal on records, I do know he had some pretty good teams at OH.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

luvbigcats wrote:I think coach T was at SV in the 80's not for sure on exact years and 90's at OH. Don't have any ideal on records, I do know he had some pretty good teams at OH.
He had some very good teams at OH, but Valley always seemed to nip them.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

My Point being... Coach Crabtree has dominated the Series where Coach T has been. I forgot to mention River Valley as well in late 90's. They have played each other for the past 20 years, having it be Valley vs Symmes Valley, Oak Hill, River Valley, and WEST. Coach Crabtree is 19-1 against Coach T.

Tough Game for the Indians this Friday, but Coach Crabtree has a feel for the way Tripplet calls a game. Thats why Indians roll 26-14.

The year West did beat Valley with Coach T is the year they Went 12-0 and beat everyone. and Once again, i am not bashing the coach. I think Coach Triplett is a great man, leader, and Role model for young Men. I love the toughness he instills in his players. Just pointing out a Fact that people may not be aware of.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

So Rolfe calls most of the plays from the press box?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Reading some of the post on here about Valley not getting any respect. Valley does have a good program and since moving up in SOC2 have had some success against West,Waverly and Minford I will give you that. Valley has 7 or 8 wins in 40 some games against West alltime. They have 1 win against Burg in like 40 years. Dont know what kind of record they have against the rest alltime. Valley does have 1 SOC2 crown. With that being said maybe alot of people think you have not earned the Respect yet. I know they won several SOC1 crowns in the 90's and in the early 2000's but don't think they would have won any in SOC2 in those years. Have you ever thought that maybe to get the respect you need to win a couple more SOC2 crowns. Just my opinion.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

siderman wrote:So Rolfe calls most of the plays from the press box?
I hope so, that's were they should be called from. You see it all from up there.
Other teams should learn the same. I know Burg for sure does.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

He calls them from the sideline

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

He calls them from the sideline and has for as long as I can remember.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

chicken_coop wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:
starbase_318 wrote:No one in this league schedules up (talent wise) except the Pirates and maybe Waverly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stop kidding yourselves. When your school schedules Ironton, Jackson, GAHS, Athens, Ashland, Johnson Central, etc....come talk to me. Scheduling and beating an SOC 1 school and an SVC team doesn't do it for me. Valley has 6 DIV teams on their schedule and they are the smallest DV team in the league. When the big powers of the SOC II schedule as many DIII teams come talk to me. Until then, continue to play your make believe powerhouse teams and play it off as though you have a tough schedule..

Outside of Chilli, West has played basically the same non conference schedule as Valley, Fairland instead of CG in the OVC.

Minford has played Wellston, Piketon, OH, RH, Portsmouth----------not exactly stepping outside the box playing/competing against CONSITENTLY talented teams.....Wheelersburg carries a stronger nonconference schedule and they are in a smaller division. Waverly's nonconference schedule is a lot tougher than this.

So for all the crap talkers, your doo-doo stinks too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You might want to go and look at the harbin points Minford has on Joeeitel before you knock their schedule. 2 teams they beat are ranked higher than Valley. they are a lock for the playoffs in week 7! (after northwest). i have agreed with you guys that your schedule is way better than the points and should have gave a lot of points to Valley. But when you try to make yourself look better by putting others down you sound like a whinny little girl and stupid to boot when you wrong! This why Valley gets ZERO Respect on here or anywhere cause people start crying " we are the little guys" when things go Bad. But when they go good you compare your program to BURGS. well which is it???? Do you have a great program that will overcome a crappy schedule and make a run like a program? or just just point out everyone elses faults to make yourself look better cause your the "wittle guys"?? :(

You are the defe3nding SOC II CHAMPS!!!

ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!!
That is not why Valley doesnt get and "respect" as you call it..the fact is and always will be, when Valley was winning games in the SOC 1 it was because they werent playing anyone, now Valley is in the "BIG BOY" league as everyone calls it, winning games, winning playoff games (4-2 in the last 6) winning a league title, and now it's because of our "weak" schedule. It's never going to matter how cordial these new Valley posters are or not...nothing will change. I've been here since this site STARTED and it's ALWAYS been the same, we dont expect it to change. As far as the little guy thing, as I've said and will say. Being a SMALL D-5 school (I'm sorry we're only 6 boys away from D6) we wouldnt gain anything from going to say a D-3 Chillicothe who is traditionally good and losing. I'd rather see a Nelsonville, Ironton, someone more along the D4-D5 level that would be a competitive game.
Coop i will put it to you like this. The reason you were winning the SOC1 is because you were the best team in it. Every year you win the SOC2 is because you are the best team in it (like last year). Your non conference schedule has NO bearing on league titles. You do realize that Burg is small D5 as well right and Ironton is small D4 as well. When is the last time you heard them whinning about it????? You either BRAG or COMPLAIN not BOTH!!! IMO valley should brag why not they have the success to back it up. Yet everytime I turn around its were small well so is ANNA look up their schedule. When your good it don't matter. Burg is not a good small program they are a GOOD PROGRAM same as Ironton (Valley too :122249 )BTW you are sooo wrong about not scheduling Chilli. You would compete year in/out with them. You would fare much worse against Ironton and NY IMO. Regardless lets just say you had played Ironton and Chilli this year and lost both instead of 0-10 rock hill and 0-10 northwest and finished the year at 8-2. The difference in points at the end of the year would be .9 but any year you pull off the upset on either team you would #1 in the region. Plus you raise the bar for your team. A win win in my book. Low risk high reward. to be the best you gotta beat the best. I'm not fighting with you Valley is the second most successful SOC school in the last 20 years. But ALOT of your fellow posters still make excuses for every little negative thing that makes them look bad. He77 we lose to Ironton most years and except for riding the Ironton posters about the timely cramps. We just accept that Ironton is good so are we and they were just Better. No harm in that! Thats why there are only 6 CHAMPS per year!!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah I think it would be worth the risk the loss to ironton never keeps burg out of the playoffs and the experience your team gets out weighs the loss of points. Its hard to find good teams to play in are area that have open weeks. Valley seems to travel well so they might look into some teams from up north. There are a lot of teams in Columbus we could play that I think we could win against. If coal grove can go to Columbus and play I know we can.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

I wish they would open up the SOC 2 to Ironton and Portsmouth. Great gates and more arguments on here!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

izladoom wrote:Yeah I think it would be worth the risk the loss to ironton never keeps burg out of the playoffs and the experience your team gets out weighs the loss of points. Its hard to find good teams to play in are area that have open weeks. Valley seems to travel well so they might look into some teams from up north. There are a lot of teams in Columbus we could play that I think we could win against. If coal grove can go to Columbus and play I know we can.
Well from what I have been told the AD retires next year maybe somethings will change then.....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Crab's brother wrote:
He calls them from the sideline and has for as long as I can remember.
Not the answer I was expecting.

Return to “Football”