Week 7: Logan (1-5) at Jackson (3-3)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

green&yellow
Waterboy

Re: Week 7: Logan (1-5) at Jackson (3-3)

Post by green&yellow »

Back to topic-

Hearing that Logan utilizes the running game a lot, our D HAS to improve. Warren moved the ball pretty well against us, too easily I think. Would love to see our D play the way they did against these tougher teams we have faced. No matter the level of competition, you should never play down to it. If our D steps up I cant help but think that will make our Offense click better.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

green&yellow wrote:Back to topic-

Hearing that Logan utilizes the running game a lot, our D HAS to improve. Warren moved the ball pretty well against us, too easily I think. Would love to see our D play the way they did against these tougher teams we have faced. No matter the level of competition, you should never play down to it. If our D steps up I cant help but think that will make our Offense click better.
Be aware Logan will run the ball down the ironboy's guts

Thats what happens when you fail to check your post!!!!
Last edited by moonshine on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

moonshine wrote:

Be aware Logan will run the ball down the iromboy's gut's
Moonshine-
Never mentioned that they wouldnt. By no means do I think this game is going to be easy, at all. And let me help you out, it would be " iroNboy" not sure who the "iroMboys" are but sure Logan may run it down their guts :122249 GO IRONMEN

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

green&yellow wrote:
moonshine wrote:

Be aware Logan will run the ball down the iromboy's gut's
Moonshine-
Never mentioned that they wouldnt. By no means do I think this game is going to be easy, at all. And let me help you out, it would be " iroNboy" not sure who the "iroMboys" are but sure Logan may run it down their guts :122249 GO IRONMEN
Corrected check above post!

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

In 34 years of coaching and being around football coaches I have never been around a coach that played a kid because who his family was. Not only on any staff I have been involved with but other coaches at other schools too. I mean what do they get out of it? A bonus, a couple hundred bucks? Yeah I grew rich from playing kids with FAMILY NAMES. Every coach I have ever known has tried to put the best kids on the field that they can because they want to win. Their job depends on wins and losses. Do you really think a guy is going to put a kid on the field because he belongs to a certain family when he is a subpar player? Thats just B.S.. Its a lame excuse by people who do not want to admit their kid is not the best player, its part of a culture of trying to pick up the pieces for the kid everytime something bad happens or he fails, its over protection and not allowing the kid to stand on his own two feet and be accountable for himself No one ever learns from any mistake because the mom and dad safety net is there for him.Someone else must always be to blame , it cant be the kid. What I have seen though plenty of times is irrate parents whose kids are not on the field , who sit in the stands and think their kid is doing their job when they are being driven 10 yards down field when on defense, or consistenly blow assignments and dont block anyone on offense. They have no clue. The only thing you could do is make some cutups of plays and have them watch it on film while explaining what they were supposed to do and didnt. i KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VOLLEYBALL BUT I COULD SIT IN THE STANDS AND SEE THAT MY DAUGHTER SHOULD NOT BE STARTING. I dont know why a lot of these people sit in the stands on a Friday night and dont come to the same conclusions aout their kids. The only explanation is that it is because the other kid belongs to that family thats why he has the job. HA HA.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Very good post Mr. Farquar. Well said.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

I believe the best players should be on the field, however the coaches should TRY to bring other kids into the game. These kids need to feel that they are part of a team. I know at the beginning of the season Jackson's coaches where excited about 80 kids coming out to play, now it's their job to coach them and make better players out of them. These kids come out to play football, not be part of a fundraising team for the program. There are juniors and seniors that have faithfully attended all practices and in the off season went to all the weight room training only to see a freshman jump in front of them. The coaches need to tell these older players what they need to work on, but I don't think this is happening. If the school likes high turnouts for the athletic programs, let these kids play and be part of the team.

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

I agree and again I have no kids on the team. PS: If Mr Farquar believes that no kid has played because of who a kid is or some other agenda besides ability then his /her head is in the sand. Iknow first hand and no my son was not sitting out when I seen it so thats not my motivation for the statement!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

To all my Jackson friends, Please be advised there will be a very low attendance from Logan. We had a very small crowd down at Portsmouth!

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

Rally them up Moonshine, I think it's gonna be a heck of a game personally!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote:To all my Jackson friends, Please be advised there will be a very low attendance from Logan. We had a very small crowd down at Portsmouth!
It is hard to get up to travel 93 North or South with rain in the forecast .

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:
moonshine wrote:To all my Jackson friends, Please be advised there will be a very low attendance from Logan. We had a very small crowd down at Portsmouth!
It is hard to get up to travel 93 North or South with rain in the forecast .
Dear opps I mean DEER!!!!!

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

I think this is a very good match up for Logan. If the offensive line can open holes again for the running backs and mix in a little throwing to keep the defense honest, I believe that Logan can win. I'm not picking a winner, I think it is a toss up, mental errors will lead to the downfall of one of these teams. Good Luck to both teams and hope for an injury free game.

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Post by bluedevil21 »

logan by 2 touch downs

Jug18
Waterboy

Post by Jug18 »

Jackson by 20

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Logangrad wrote:Jackson frosh win tonight 22-18 over Logan....First defeat for Logan
Great game. These two squads are loaded with talent. Hope to see them battle it out the next three years.

Jackson jumped out in front 6-0 after the 1st quarter. The Ironmen controlled the game in that first period, with Logan only running 2 plays until the final seconds. Logan turned the tide in the 2nd quarter and tied the game at 6. Then, just before the half, Logan completed a long pass for a TD to go up 12-6. The Chiefs took the opening drive of the 2nd half for a score also, and led 18-6 midway through the 3rd quarter. At that point, Jackson completely took over the game. The offensive line began playing well, and FB Jake Crabtree took the Ironmen down the field to make it 18-14. The Ironmen D then forced a three and out, got the ball back, and drove down for the go-ahead TD with nice runs from Crabtree, QB Hunter Sexton, and RBs Conley and Burd. Leading 22-18, Jackson forced Logan to a four and out, got the ball back, and ran out the clock. This was the first time the Jackson freshman had been tested. They responded well to adversity and got the win against a VERY talented Logan team.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The rest of this thread has been interesting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so here's what I think.

This isn't pee-wee football. Not everyone gets to play just because they're on the team. Players earn their spot by being talented and playing hard.

Jackson plays A LOT of different players. NO ONE on the offensive and defensive lines starts both ways. Coach Hall and his staff have done a great job of developing depth the last four seasons. Some teams have more talent than others. This Jackson team isn't as deep as the last two. Still, the staff isn't just letting great players sit on the bench.

We have one of the best, if not the best, coaching staffs in SE Ohio. No staff is perfect, but more often than not, these guys make the right decisions and put our players in the best possible position to succeed. This staff went 7-3 in their first season, losing to an Ironton team that went 10-3, a Logan team that went 11-1, and a Zanesville team that went 9-1. The last two years, they went 9-2 and 11-1, won the SEOAL outright, and went to the playoffs (and won a game in the playoffs) last year. I think they know what they're doing.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Jackson lost some GREAT players last year. Players that they relied on heavily. When younger or inexperienced guys step in to fill those roles, it takes some time to learn how to play at the varsity level. Jackson has lost to three VERY good football teams, but they also haven't played particularly well in a couple of those games. Despite that, they still have a chance to defend their league title and maybe even sneak into the playoffs. Going 10-0 or 9-1 every year isn't easy. Yes, our program should expect to do that. However, things don't always go as planned.

In the end, I believe in our staff and I believe in our kids. The coaches are gonna play the players who give them the best chance to win. It's up to the players to give maximum effort and execute the game plan. This Friday against one of our biggest rivals, I expect the Ironmen to be prepared and play well. Like I said after the Warren game, one down...four to go! I believe.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Ironman02,
spoken like from a current coach. HAHA

Best of Luck IRONMEN, another step towards an SEOAL Title.

Return to “Football”