Minford at Northwest Week 7

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Minford at Northwest Week 7

Post by Bleeding Red »

I actually shared your view points New Era. I think that is our 2nd worst game so far this year.

Lets just hope that if we have another slow start or lacksadaisical start to a game it is this week vs Northwest. Hopefully from here on out the come out ready to play like they have the 2nd half of the games they got a less than desirable start to.

That is not a shot at West, I think they played a good game and are better than their record indicates.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Bleeding Red wrote:I actually shared your view points New Era. I think that is our 2nd worst game so far this year.

Lets just hope that if we have another slow start or lacksadaisical start to a game it is this week vs Northwest. Hopefully from here on out the come out ready to play like they have the 2nd half of the games they got a less than desirable start to.

That is not a shot at West, I think they played a good game and are better than their record indicates.
Great Minds think alike! lol 8)

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Too funny!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

This ones for you bleeding red Northwest 42 minford 14 BIG UPSET....!!!!!! :-D

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:This ones for you bleeding red Northwest 42 minford 14 BIG UPSET....!!!!!! :-D

Since I do have a superstitious nature, it will pay off again this week. But I think this week it may not really matter!

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

Jorge Sandusky wrote:I think everyone will see next week that Minford is a little bit overrated. They struggled with a bad west team this past week at home. Enjoy your win this week but next week will be a different story
i agree this might be the last game minford wins this year,i even think waverly has a chance to win.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

that was just for you hereforfun.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

smack wrote:
Jorge Sandusky wrote:I think everyone will see next week that Minford is a little bit overrated. They struggled with a bad west team this past week at home. Enjoy your win this week but next week will be a different story
i agree this might be the last game minford wins this year,i even think waverly has a chance to win.
You're High.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

Minford has no chance at all to beat burg or valley and they will struggle with waverly

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Someone has an opportunity to eat some crow, lol. Wheelersburg won't be a blowout, Waverly will be a good win for the Falcons and the Valley game will come down to the wire.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

I've watched Valley, Burg, and Minford play this year already...(oh the pleasure of being a Trojan fan and playing 4 SOC II schools on the road to start your year :) ).....and Minford is much better than Valley IMO.
The Minford-Burg game will probably come down to the last snap as it did in 2009 (when the falcons won the SOC), the year that Burg was down by 1 after a last second TD and went for 2 & was stopped by the Minford D on the goal line. It was one of the best football games I have ever watched in my life. (Sorry to bring back that memory Burg fans)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

scarlet_gray wrote:I've watched Valley, Burg, and Minford play this year already...(oh the pleasure of being a Trojan fan and playing 4 SOC II schools on the road to start your year :) ).....and Minford is much better than Valley IMO.
The Minford-Burg game will probably come down to the last snap as it did in 2009 (when the falcons won the SOC), the year that Burg was down by 1 after a last second TD and went for 2 & was stopped by the Minford D on the goal line. It was one of the best football games I have ever watched in my life. (Sorry to bring back that memory Burg fans)
The 09 Minford/Burg game was a dandy.

And I agree with you, the schedule your Trojans played right out of the gate was tough!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

scarlet_gray wrote:I've watched Valley, Burg, and Minford play this year already...(oh the pleasure of being a Trojan fan and playing 4 SOC II schools on the road to start your year :) ).....and Minford is much better than Valley IMO.
You sound confused, but being a Portsmouth fan that is understandable. From what i've seen, Portsmouth gave up during the Burg game and never looked back. Hopefully Portsmouth can give you all something to cheer about in the future. Good luck.
Minford wins big over one of the worst teams in the whole state. Out of 731 football teams in the state of Ohio, Northwest is 723.
723 Northwest (McDermott) 0-6 0-1 -43.3 -12.1 +1
724 St. Wendelin (Fostoria) 0-3 0-0 -44.5 -23.4 -11
725 Hillcrest (Cincinnati) 0-3 0-2 -46 -17 --
726 Fayetteville-Perry (Fayetteville) 1-5 0-0 -46.4 -26.9 +1
727 Woodward (Toledo) 0-6 0-1 -46.5 -10.7 +1
728 South Gallia (Crown City) 0-6 0-5 -48 -21.5 -2
729 Emmanuel Christian Academy (Springfield) 0-2 0-0 -49.1 -30 --
730 St. Bernard-Elmwood Place (St. Bernard) 0-6 0-0 -54.5 -29.1 --
731 Manchester 0-6 0-0 -58.6 -19.8 --
Not a good place to be.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

This game will be over after Minfords first possession.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

After Northwest answered Minford opening drive touchdown, the Falcons have been unstoppable leading 41-7 at the half.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

I'm glad to hear that the Falcons took care of business this week, and was even told that the passing game was very sharp. However, not all goals were accomplished, as we had a starter (Freshman Aaron Alley) taken by ambuluance due to a neck injury, although he was moving all extremities with him rasing his arm to the crowd, which is a great sign. It looked to be a precautionary measure, as initial reports were that it could be just something involved in his neck muscles. Hopefully, he will be ok, b/c he has a very bright football future in the coming years. Hoping for the best!!! Any Falcon fan with information on his status, PLEASE post it on here. Thanks.

As far as the game goes, great job taking care of business. Now we can set our sights on the new house that Ed Miller built. What's the Word??? BEAT THE BURG!!!

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

He was talking and moving around when we left the hospital last night...he tweeted that he was home sometime in the night....it was just precautionary do to it being his neck that was hurting....very glad that everything seems to be ok.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minfordmamma wrote:He was talking and moving around when we left the hospital last night...he tweeted that he was home sometime in the night....it was just precautionary do to it being his neck that was hurting....very glad that everything seems to be ok.

Great news. Thanks for the update.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Minford played as expected last night. Glad to hear Alley is ok.

Return to “Football”